Colerain 27 Tyler Lee, Texas 12

Page 3 of Originally Posted by UKBLUE1964 Elder beat Oak Hills tonight pretty easy 42 -16. Personally it doesn't matter cause Cin St. X is the best team in Ohio.... 43 comments | 2187 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,550

    Quote Originally Posted by FEAR THE D
    A question.

    What are all the differences between making the playoffs in Kentucky and making the playoffs in Ohio?
    How much do you want to read???
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Quote Originally Posted by FEAR THE D
    A question.

    What are all the differences between making the playoffs in Kentucky and making the playoffs in Ohio?
    In KY you have to beat teams in your district and be among the top 4, in Ohio you have to be among the top 8 teams in your region by Harbin computer points.

  3. #33
    Run To State's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 03
    Location
    I've got a strong urge to fly. But I got nowhere to fly to."
    Posts
    30,525

    Quote Originally Posted by tdyballgame
    I guess your right. Didn't CovCath score like 37 against Dixie. HHS only scored 35. End of discussion.
    But Highlands won by 35, CCH won by 34.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    2,891

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    This game may have saved Colerain's play-off chances. Especially with the Highlands performance tonight...the 'Birds may pile up more losses than Colerain probably expected. Then again, maybe not.

    Not hardly, Colerain is easily in with a 9-1 record or 8-2; they still have Oak Hills on their schedule who will still win a lot of games. Since 8 teams make it in the region in OH, it is not as difficult as it once used to be.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    2,891

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    SG, Massillon shouldn't be in the conversation. They were handed 6 or 7 ints, and just about completely fell apart down the stretch. They are, at best, in that 5-8 range in Ohio.

    St. X has several tough games left, including Moeller and AT CovCath ( ), we'll see if they are as good as advertised. I am still casting my lot with Moeller.
    As good as "advertised"??? They dominated Colerain's offense!! Moeller's offense is average for a GCL South team; X will beat Moeller and win the GCL South.

    Rodenberg better come up with a better game plan than to run Ellison 35 times vs. X, like he did against Moeller, or Ellison may not survive the game; X's defense is better than Moeller's.

  6. #36
    UKBLUE1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,962

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    As good as "advertised"??? They dominated Colerain's offense!! Moeller's offense is average for a GCL South team; X will beat Moeller and win the GCL South.

    Rodenberg better come up with a better game plan than to run Ellison 35 times vs. X, like he did against Moeller, or Ellison may not survive the game; X's defense is better than Moeller's.

    On Ohio News Network (ONN) last night, JJ for JJ Huddle said that GCL South is probably the best conference in the Country.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    As good as "advertised"??? They dominated Colerain's offense!! Moeller's offense is average for a GCL South team; X will beat Moeller and win the GCL South.
    They dominated Colerain's offense in the QB's first start ever in an option attack. Pride is getting better, but they were a shell of themselves that game.

    St. X's offense is below average for a GCL south team.

    X deserves to be #1 right now, they earned it, I just don't think they will finish there.

  8. #38
    schsavenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    A Hop, Skip, and a Jump from "THE ROCK"
    Posts
    130

    wow hats off colrain. How far of a trip was it for tyler lee??

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    To get back for a moment to my earlier point about Highlands' loss and the chance they could drop a few more, here are where the Harbins are through this weekend:

    Colerain, at 2-1, is the 6th seed in their region. The top 8 make the playoffs, and Colerain is not far ahead of 9th. They really need HHS to pile up some wins. (in fact they are MUCH closer to 9th than they are to 5th)

    Obviously a lot can change between now and the end of the season, but it just goes to show you how the Harbin Ratings' system works through and through.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    2,891

    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    To get back for a moment to my earlier point about Highlands' loss and the chance they could drop a few more, here are where the Harbins are through this weekend:

    Colerain, at 2-1, is the 6th seed in their region. The top 8 make the playoffs, and Colerain is not far ahead of 9th. They really need HHS to pile up some wins. (in fact they are MUCH closer to 9th than they are to 5th)

    Obviously a lot can change between now and the end of the season, but it just goes to show you how the Harbin Ratings' system works through and through.

    Who's ahead of them? X, Moeller, Centerville, and ....

  11. #41
    UKBLUE1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,962

    I believe the first computer rankings don't come out until Sept. 20th.

  12. #42
    UKBLUE1964's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,962

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat
    Who's ahead of them? X, Moeller, Centerville, and ....
    I would assume; Oak Hills, Lakota East, Princeton.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsGuy41017
    but Massillon looked tough last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by h.s.sportsrbest
    SG, Massillon shouldn't be in the conversation. They were handed 6 or 7 ints, and just about completely fell apart down the stretch. They are, at best, in that 5-8 range in Ohio.

    I am still casting my lot with Moeller.
    I won't say anything.

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    2,891

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsGuy41017
    I won't say anything.

    Check out his post about X too!!!!!

Top