Coaching Shake-up at Highlands

Page 3 of Have there been some changes made to the coaching staff at Highlands? Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 167 comments | 12484 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,110

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Please don’t use the “work harder” phrase when the talent clearly isn’t there.
    My lord, these are almost the exact same words that BW told his bosses when questioned as to why he can’t win

    “I don’t have the talent”

    Since you are on the BW defense, maybe you should break the news to the 95 kids standing on his sidelines that are busting their butts for Highlands...”the talent clearly isn’t here”

    As a coach you had better believe in your kids whether you think you have talent or not and you had better never ever let them know what you really believe as a coach or you are wasting your time and more importantly wasting and misleading kids and once they know you are done

    Until BW either resigns or is fired, you will never convince me that the talent isn’t there.

    I have no dog in the fight anymore but Iam fighting for theses kids to be given a better opportunity than what they currently have been dealt.

    First and foremost the coach had better have his players backs, they certainly had his despite his damagaing comments
    Advertisement

  2. #32
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,580

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    Until BW either resigns or is fired, you will never convince me that the talent isn’t there.
    And there it is... You have it out for BW and no matter what he says or does you’ll take issue with it.

    If BW left today and the new guy came in and went 3-7, what would your excuse be?

  3. #33
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,580

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    My lord, these are almost the exact same words that BW told his bosses when questioned as to why he can’t win

    “I don’t have the talent”

    Since you are on the BW defense, maybe you should break the news to the 95 kids standing on his sidelines that are busting their butts for Highlands...”the talent clearly isn’t here”

    As a coach you had better believe in your kids whether you think you have talent or not and you had better never ever let them know what you really believe as a coach or you are wasting your time and more importantly wasting and misleading kids and once they know you are done

    Until BW either resigns or is fired, you will never convince me that the talent isn’t there.

    I have no dog in the fight anymore but Iam fighting for theses kids to be given a better opportunity than what they currently have been dealt.

    First and foremost the coach had better have his players backs, they certainly had his despite his damagaing comments
    Not to mention, I find it pretty arrogant to try to criticize someone else for how they care about the kids given your “support” of the program over the past few weeks. IF what you claim BW said is true, who are you to divulge what was said in a private meeting and how does it help the program? And you consider yourself a supporter? Please...

  4. #34
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,110

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    And there it is... You have it out for BW and no matter what he says or does you’ll take issue with it.

    If BW left today and the new guy came in and went 3-7, what would your excuse be?
    Iam just disappointed that BW is not utilizing the resources he has at his fingertips to help him succeed.

    He is struggling and it is very clear he is way over his head but continues to refuse to take constructive criticism or is receptive to change

    If he loved these kids and the program so much he would either ask for help or step down.

    BW/Dale or Sweeperboy is not bigger than this program and when you think you are then you are a fool. Egos should never ever get in the way of coaching a program like Highlands.

  5. #35
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,580

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    Iam just disappointed that BW is not utilizing the resources he has at his fingertips to help him succeed.

    He is struggling and it is very clear he is way over his head but continues to refuse to take constructive criticism or is receptive to change

    If he loved these kids and the program so much he would either ask for help or step down.

    BW/Dale or Sweeperboy is not bigger than this program and when you think you are then you are a fool. Egos should never ever get in the way of coaching a program like Highlands.
    What resources is BW not utilizing, exactly? Coaches aren’t allowed to struggle at Highlands?

    If you are trying to question his devotion to the kids there’s really nothing to talk about.

  6. #36
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,110

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Not to mention, I find it pretty arrogant to try to criticize someone else for how they care about the kids given your “support” of the program over the past few weeks. IF what you claim BW said is true, who are you to divulge what was said in a private meeting and how does it help the program? And you consider yourself a supporter? Please...
    Cmon, this is not new news or fake news. You just can’t make this stuff up

  7. #37
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,580

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    Cmon, this is not new news or fake news. You just can’t make this stuff up
    Way to disregard the entirety of my post...

  8. #38
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,110

    What else ya got Deuce...

    You obviously will not change my position on this matter and vice versa.

    We will agree to disagree on this matter and oddly enough I don’t fault you for protecting BW and I respect this. But you must respect my position to protect the kids and the program

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    Iam just disappointed that BW is not utilizing the resources he has at his fingertips to help him succeed.

    He is struggling and it is very clear he is way over his head but continues to refuse to take constructive criticism or is receptive to change

    If he loved these kids and the program so much he would either ask for help or step down.

    BW/Dale or Sweeperboy is not bigger than this program and when you think you are then you are a fool. Egos should never ever get in the way of coaching a program like Highlands.
    I made this comment before during the season but perhaps those the BW is asking to help are the problem.

  10. #40
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,898

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    My lord, these are almost the exact same words that BW told his bosses when questioned as to why he can’t win

    “I don’t have the talent”

    Since you are on the BW defense, maybe you should break the news to the 95 kids standing on his sidelines that are busting their butts for Highlands...”the talent clearly isn’t here”

    As a coach you had better believe in your kids whether you think you have talent or not and you had better never ever let them know what you really believe as a coach or you are wasting your time and more importantly wasting and misleading kids and once they know you are done

    Until BW either resigns or is fired, you will never convince me that the talent isn’t there.

    I have no dog in the fight anymore but Iam fighting for theses kids to be given a better opportunity than what they currently have been dealt.

    First and foremost the coach had better have his players backs, they certainly had his despite his damagaing comments
    Saying the talent isn’t there isn’t an insult IMO. I think it’s pretty accurate looking at the results. I remember when the pride of Highlands was their platoon system and how the program develops kids at an early age to step into positions when they get to high school. Now over the past couple of seasons people want the best players on the field at all times at Highlands with no regards of the platoon. How is that any different from the coach saying the talent isn’t there like it used to be any different? Seems like folks from all sides recognize the talent isn’t what it used to be.

    Hopefully when the new wave of talent rolls into pads over the next cycle Brian Weinrich is given a chance with the new talent before he is ran out of town. We can sugarcoat it all we want but facts are facts. Just because there aren’t multiple D-1 players on the team doesn’t mean Weinrich doesn’t care deeply about this team and the program. It means he isn’t delusional and IMO that is a good quality for a coach to have. You have to know what you are coaching with and where you need to get the players to be in order to have success.

  11. #41
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,898

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    What else ya got Deuce...

    You obviously will not change my position on this matter and vice versa.

    We will agree to disagree on this matter and oddly enough I don’t fault you for protecting BW and I respect this. But you must respect my position to protect the kids and the program
    I understand this position as well. I just feel like people are jumping the gun on Weinrich.

  12. #42
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,580

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    What else ya got Deuce...

    You obviously will not change my position on this matter and vice versa.

    We will agree to disagree on this matter and oddly enough I don’t fault you for protecting BW and I respect this. But you must respect my position to protect the kids and the program
    I'm not really trying to convince you otherwise. If you don't think the program is where it should be, that's fine. Nothing wrong with that in itself. My issue is that you pretend that your "support" over the past several weeks has been something the program or the kids need. You've bad mouthed the coach non-stop, released information, with no source of proof, that supposedly came from a private conversation, and you have even tried to drive a wedge between BW and the kids on the roster. In what world is that protecting the kids and/or program? Most would consider that cancerous to a program, not beneficial.

  13. #43
    Sweeperboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    #wonforthem / #cowboycrowned
    Posts
    5,110

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I'm not really trying to convince you otherwise. If you don't think the program is where it should be, that's fine. Nothing wrong with that in itself. My issue is that you pretend that your "support" over the past several weeks has been something the program or the kids need. You've bad mouthed the coach non-stop, released information, with no source of proof, that supposedly came from a private conversation, and you have even tried to drive a wedge between BW and the kids on the roster. In what world is that protecting the kids and/or program? Most would consider that cancerous to a program, not beneficial.
    Don’t blame me, I didn’t release any sensitive information. That information came from the baseball coach who told someone else etc etc. And btw it’s all fact

    It can’t be that secretive if the baseball coach is involved...why would the baseball coach be involved in such a sensitive situation? This has absolutely nothing to do with any sport but football.

    Who is the administrator that leaked all of this drama...not me so lay the blame game on someone else but if it makes you feel good to blame me then have at it.

  14. #44
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    的t's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    51,580

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeperboy View Post
    Don’t blame me, I didn’t release any sensitive information. That information came from the baseball coach who told someone else etc etc. And btw it’s all fact

    It can’t be that secretive if the baseball coach is involved...why would the baseball coach be involved in such a sensitive situation? This has absolutely nothing to do with any sport but football.

    Who is the administrator that leaked all of this drama...not me so lay the blame game on someone else but if it makes you feel good to blame me then have at it.
    You didn't put that information on this board? Is that what you're saying?

    And even if you didn't, what about the other things I pointed out? You conveniently, again, ignored the majority of the post.

  15. #45
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,898

    Now I’m really confused.

Top