Class 3A Playoffs: #2 Desales vs. #9 Bardstown Predictions/Updates

View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Desales

    24 72.73%
  • Bardstown

    9 27.27%
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Posts
    542

    Class 3A Playoffs: #2 Desales vs. #9 Bardstown Predictions/Updates

    Bardstown got a little playoff revenge last week, defeating Elizabethtown after Etown beat them in the regular season. Desales continued taking care of business. Desales will certainly be the favorite, but there is a reason they play the game. Who wins?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Posts
    478

    I see the Colts being too much for them to handle up front on both sides of the ball.

    I do think it will be a tougher game than what we had with CAL.

    I still see the Colts by two touchdowns.

  3. #3
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,475

    I don't see a single Colt defender who can cover Calbert, Phillips, or Montgomery. As ColtPride says, question will be whether Clark has the time to get it to them. Tiger lineman have been dissed all year long, we'll just add another game to that list.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 15
    Posts
    58

    Quote Originally Posted by Hearsay View Post
    I don't see a single Colt defender who can cover Calbert, Phillips, or Montgomery. As ColtPride says, question will be whether Clark has the time to get it to them. Tiger lineman have been dissed all year long, we'll just add another game to that list.
    I agree with you if Clark can find enough time to get the ball to the playmakers, then Bardstown will be just fine. DeSales is very good up front, but I have to give the edge to Bardstown with to much overall team speed.

    Bardstown 21
    Desales 17

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Posts
    478

    Bardstown isn't the first team DeSales has played this year with speed. We played probably the toughest schedule in 3A. We saw plenty of speed, with Butler, and PT.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 19
    Posts
    15

    Lest all forget. 50yds difference in O. -2 TO ratio. 180 yds "cushion" from zebras. Still a 2 score game till they gifted last TD after a NFL "down by contact" and fumble recovery that wasn't. Domination......Hmmm.

    Double Scott @ all times. Keep 7 from turning shoulders N/S and gang tackle the thighs. HUDL tells all

  7. #7
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,475

    Quote Originally Posted by ColtPride View Post
    Bardstown isn't the first team DeSales has played this year with speed. We played probably the toughest schedule in 3A. We saw plenty of speed, with Butler, and PT.
    Lost to teams that threw, and to Meade County.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 14
    Posts
    478

    Quote Originally Posted by ICTHRUU View Post
    Lest all forget. 50yds difference in O. -2 TO ratio. 180 yds "cushion" from zebras. Still a 2 score game till they gifted last TD after a NFL "down by contact" and fumble recovery that wasn't. Domination......Hmmm.

    Double Scott @ all times. Keep 7 from turning shoulders N/S and gang tackle the thighs. HUDL tells all
    If it was so easy then why will CAL be watching?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    11,129

    A DeSales fan told me that the sack leader for the entire state plays on the DL for the Colts. True or not? I do know they have some serious individual talent.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 19
    Posts
    226

    I’m going with Bardstown in the upset I think Desales might be starting to feel invincible and that usually comes back to bite you in the end.
    Bardstown 26-21.

  11. #11
    Hearsay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    W. 35th St. brownstone
    Posts
    10,475

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    A DeSales fan told me that the sack leader for the entire state plays on the DL for the Colts. True or not? I do know they have some serious individual talent.
    That is correct. Demetri Scott. 23 sacks. I've watched almost all of them. Exceptional looking physical player.

  12. #12
    JIM SEYMOUR # 85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    2,259

    GO COLTS.
    Keep it going.
    Not time to let up now.

    May it be injury free to both

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    398

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    A DeSales fan told me that the sack leader for the entire state plays on the DL for the Colts. True or not? I do know they have some serious individual talent.
    DeSales has the # 1st, 4th, 5th and 12th ranked sack leaders in 3A. 1st in Rush defense too. But this means nothing if you can't get to the QB this Friday night. Hope the Colts can bring it again.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 19
    Posts
    2

    It promises to be a good game. I expect the weather to be a factor. The turf should be fine but the ball will be wet which can lead to turnovers. Who wins this battle wins the game.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 19
    Posts
    166

    Desales is a little weak at 1 of their 2 corner spots. That's about as far as it goes for weaknesses on their defense. They had 3 of their 4 defensive lineman selected 1st team all district. Those for really get after it up front. I wouldn't worry about them not being able to cover someone. They get a lot of pressure up front. Desales will beat Bardstown.

Top