1. #1
    Administrator theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    98,356

    Default Class 2A Rankings for 10-1

    1. DeSales at Fort Knox
    2. Caldwell County at Green County
    3. Christian Academy-Louisville at #7 Bardstown
    4. Newport Central Catholic -- OPEN
    5. Somerset -- OPEN
    6. Glasgow at 6A Seneca
    7. Bardstown vs. #3 Christian Academy-Louisville
    8. Murray at Ballard Memorial
    9. Owensboro Catholic at Todd County Central
    10. Union County vs. Butler County

  2. #2
    Administrator theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    98,356
    What should be changed?

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    302
    Can't take Caldwell out of the top spot. If they had been struggling that's one thing but they've been dominate. Terrible decision IMO.
    LCDAWGS19 likes this.

  4. #4
    Premium Member gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    13,923
    Newport Central Catholic at #4 would seem to have more to do with attrition around them rather than accomplishments of their own. With that said, I still think they are the best team in the eastern half of 2A.

  5. #5
    Administrator Watusi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    Heeere's Johnny
    Posts
    31,319
    Quote Originally Posted by 30dad View Post
    Can't take Caldwell out of the top spot. If they had been struggling that's one thing but they've been dominate. Terrible decision IMO.
    I get where you are coming from but look at Caldwell and DeSales' records this season and a very good case could be made for either team to be in the #1 spot.

    DeSales is 6-0 with wins over...
    Holy Cross (Louisville) 45-0
    John Hardin 25-20
    Warren Central 40-27
    Washington County 63-0
    Shawnee 49-0
    Bardstown 55-7

    Caldwell is 6-0 with wins over...
    Christian County 45-22
    Union County 57-20
    Ohio County 55-26
    Trigg County 49-13
    Fort Campbell 48-35
    Ballard Memorial 63-28

  6. #6
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    2,181
    There is the Somerset ranking I was politicking for last week

    Now don't ruin my hard work Somerset fans by having your team lay an egg.


    As for #1... I am still of the belief that Caldwell is the best 2A team and will take home the trophy. Just really like that team and always value QB play come the post season. With that said, I can't argue with the #1 ranking for DeSales considering their body of work to this point. Two wins over teams who would be considered the best team on Caldwell's schedule and a third statement win over Bardstown where they beat the living snot out of them. Caldwell's two best wins are looking weaker and weaker each week as Christian County and Ft. Campbell both continue to struggle.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    MAYFIELD
    Posts
    5,182
    The only thing concerning Caldwell for me is that their defense appears that it might be weak. Caldwell will beat Murray but what kind of numbers the defense puts up could be telling in a couple weeks

  8. #8
    Premium Member Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    18,486
    Would Caldwell Co. beat John Hardin or Warren Central? That is not a rhetorical question. I am asking for opinions.

  9. #9
    Guide Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Just call me Nicky Flash... Why? Because Nicky rhymes with Flash!
    Posts
    19,839
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    There is the Somerset ranking I was politicking for last week

    Now don't ruin my hard work Somerset fans by having your team lay an egg.



    As for #1... I am still of the belief that Caldwell is the best 2A team and will take home the trophy. Just really like that team and always value QB play come the post season. With that said, I can't argue with the #1 ranking for DeSales considering their body of work to this point. Two wins over teams who would be considered the best team on Caldwell's schedule and a third statement win over Bardstown where they beat the living snot out of them. Caldwell's two best wins are looking weaker and weaker each week as Christian County and Ft. Campbell both continue to struggle.
    We won't this week ... Somerset vs OPEN

  10. #10
    Guide Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Just call me Nicky Flash... Why? Because Nicky rhymes with Flash!
    Posts
    19,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Would Caldwell Co. beat John Hardin or Warren Central? That is not a rhetorical question. I am asking for opinions.
    I don't know but according to some they could score 45 on ANY team in the state...but might give up 75

  11. #11
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    2,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Would Caldwell Co. beat John Hardin or Warren Central? That is not a rhetorical question. I am asking for opinions.
    From someone with no bias... my opinion would be Warren Central= possibly to probably... John Hardin= Doubtful

  12. #12
    Premium Member DreamKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    God's Country otherwise known as Princeton, KY
    Posts
    586
    Dropping Caldwell is wrong. They are eating everything on their plates and doing it in convincing manner.
    Toothpick likes this.

  13. #13
    Premium Member Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    18,486
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamKiller View Post
    Dropping Caldwell is wrong. They are eating everything on their plates and doing it in convincing manner.
    I know you are biased, but what are your answers to post #8?

    Personally, at this point in the season with two undefeated teams, I don't think one should be ranked above the other because they started the season higher in the rankings. The question is who is the better team?

  14. #14
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Posts
    1,261
    Caldwell could play with JHardin toe to toe & would beat WC by a couple of touchdowns, CC is a very focused & confident team. I think Desales is equally deservent

  15. #15
    Premium Member DreamKiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    God's Country otherwise known as Princeton, KY
    Posts
    586
    To tell the truth, I truly believe that my Tigers would beat both, John Hardin and WC. Maybe by 1-7 points, but 1 or 63, it would still be a W in both cases. What I am more worried about at this point is, can they beat Green Co., Murray, Crittenden Co., and Mayfield?

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    MAYFIELD
    Posts
    5,182
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamKiller View Post
    Dropping Caldwell is wrong. They are eating everything on their plates and doing it in convincing manner.
    I agree, they kinda got the shaft out of the blue is would seem. I can't see anything that changed that would have caused pollsters opinions to change but if I were Caldwell this would be used as a tool to prove they should be 1

  17. #17
    Premium Member Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    18,486
    I agree with those of you who say it doesn't seem fair to Caldwell to drop. Unfortunately, there really isn't anything more they could do with the schedule they have than what they have already done. I think DeSales has played a much more difficult schedule and been more impressive in the way they have gone undefeated against that schedule. My guess is if we look at the computer rankings, DeSales is ahead of Caldwell in all of them. I don't automatically agree with the computers but that does tell us something 6 games in. All we can go by is your record and your schedule. DeSales is more impressive at game 6.

  18. #18
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Apr 04
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamKiller View Post
    Dropping Caldwell is wrong. They are eating everything on their plates and doing it in convincing manner.
    Dream-

    I wouldn't worry about it. The best thing about high school football is the playoffs. Settling it on the field. Even if it was the BCS in 2A you guys would get to play in the championship.

  19. #19
    Premium Member WHO'S NEXT?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 09
    Location
    3 yds left of the 50, every Friday night
    Posts
    361
    How different are these 2, Caldwell and DeSales, from last year? It seems they both have several core players back from last year, when Caldwell beat DeSales at DeSales. Have any of DeSales opponents brought a wide open passing attack to the table this year?
    DreamKiller likes this.

  20. #20
    Guide BigVMan23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Location
    Near Frankfort
    Posts
    3,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Watusi View Post
    I get where you are coming from but look at Caldwell and DeSales' records this season and a very good case could be made for either team to be in the #1 spot.

    DeSales is 6-0 with wins over...
    Holy Cross (Louisville) 45-0
    John Hardin 25-20
    Warren Central 40-27
    Washington County 63-0
    Shawnee 49-0
    Bardstown 55-7

    Caldwell is 6-0 with wins over...
    Christian County 45-22
    Union County 57-20
    Ohio County 55-26
    Trigg County 49-13
    Fort Campbell 48-35
    Ballard Memorial 63-28
    The better wins definitely belong to DeSales. They may have also played the weakest team of the group in Washington Co. And as someone said, Caldwell Co's best wins don't look quite as good as they did as the season goes along. I'd say just based on this, I have no problem with DeSales at #1. Good thing is, if they both keep winning, we will get to find out who the best one is, so there won't be this debate.

    I haven't seen them play, but from what I am hearing, I think Murray might be too low. I think NCC (sorry LB13) is probably too high based on their performance to date. If/when they heal up and get some key players back on the field I'm sure they will be back in the mix.