Class 2A Playoffs: DeSales at Newport Central Catholic

View Poll Results: Who gets the W?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • DeSales

    41 73.21%
  • NewCath

    15 26.79%
  1. #1
    DevilMayCare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    4,080

    Class 2A Playoffs: DeSales at Newport Central Catholic

    NewCath (5-6) has won four of its last five following a 1-5 start. They're putting together wins at just the right time. Speaking of winning, DeSales (10-1) locked down its sixth straight 10 win season in the first round. These teams have some recent history of great significance - DeSales beat NewCath for the 2013 and 2014 2A state titles. With Kyle Kelly back from suspension, can the Thoroughbreds do their part to prevent a DeSales/CAL rematch?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Location
    Negan's Compound
    Posts
    3,599

    DeSales by 13+.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    118

    Deales should win easily unless they have a game like they had against Washington County, but they still win either way.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    158

    I really like Newport Central Catholic's chances in this game. They are battled tested. Also they are peaking at the right time! Newport Central Catholic 27-14.
    Last edited by Call It Like It Is; Nov 4, 18 at 07:18 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    118

    Quote Originally Posted by Call It Like It Is View Post
    I really like Newport Central Catholic's chances in this game. They are battled tested, and they are peaking at the right time! Newport Central Catholic 27-14.
    I like the optimism. Having seen both teams play, NCC would have to play near the top of their potential and Desales would have to have an off game. Could happen. Thats the reason they play.
    Last edited by CAL FAN; Nov 4, 18 at 07:32 PM.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    158

    Quote Originally Posted by CAL FAN View Post
    I like the optimism. Having seen both teams play, NCC would have to play near the top of their potential and Desales would have to have an off game. Could happen. That the reason they play.
    That's why you play the game. Desales hasn't been on there A game as of late. So we both know playoff football is crazy. The game is up North, and with Newport Central Catholic being full strength on both sides of the ball. I expect the state to be on alert this friday. Maybe it's wishful thinking? I just like there chance. Good luck to both teams.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    118

    Either way CAL will get a rematch out of this one. Unless you have Lloyd in this weeks matchup.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    285

    DeSales is getting healthy each week...the tuff schedule played by both schools should have them prep & ready. I like the way the Colts dominated both side of the lines in last week game, they did look much sharper. Playing at the Thorobreds home field and the Colts traveling should make this interesting. Go Colts !

  9. #9
    coachb110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Location
    Louisville, Ky.
    Posts
    15

    If Antione Johnson (RB) & Darren Hollenkamp (RB) are healthy and Aaron Pfaadt (QB) has a solid game I think DeSales will win, but NewCath is always a tough team to beat at home, so it should be close. Control of the line of scrimmage, and turnovers may end up deciding this one!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 08
    Location
    Erlanger
    Posts
    1,255

    Quote Originally Posted by CAL FAN View Post
    Either way CAL will get a rematch out of this one. Unless you have Lloyd in this weeks matchup.
    I hope your right. Good luck.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    1,098

    Kelley will be back for this one, correct? NewCath is hard to figure out. One week they look great and the next overwhelmed. Go NKY but I think DeSales wins convincingly

  12. #12
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    11,316

    Depends on which DeSales team shows up.

    The DeSales team we saw the first half of the season should win this one handily.

    The DeSales team who mailed it in at times against Holy Cross and Washington County may be vulnerable for an upset.

    If DeSales plays with a high intensity and stays patient on Offense they should be able to win comfortably. The last thing they want to do is let NewCath feel like they are in the game in the 2nd Half like the CAL game last year in the regular season.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    158

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    Depends on which DeSales team shows up.

    The DeSales team we saw the first half of the season should win this one handily.

    The DeSales team who mailed it in at times against Holy Cross and Washington County may be vulnerable for an upset.

    If DeSales plays with a high intensity and stays patient on Offense they should be able to win comfortably. The last thing they want to do is let NewCath feel like they are in the game in the 2nd Half like the CAL game last year in the regular season.
    I agree. But NewCath has been playing it's best ball at the right time. They are capable to compete and win against good teams. It should be a good one. Is #4 for Desales playing? Desales is a good team. Really good 2nd round game for sure.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    7

    DeSales.. Big

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Location
    The Sandbox
    Posts
    179

    DeSales by 3 scores.

Top