Class 2A Playoffs: DeSales at Newport Central Catholic

Page 2 of NewCath (5-6) has won four of its last five following a 1-5 start. They're putting together wins at just the right time. Speaking of winning, DeSales (... 23 comments | 1924 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who gets the W?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • DeSales

    41 73.21%
  • NewCath

    15 26.79%
  1. #16
    SLINK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 06
    Location
    Fight On!!!
    Posts
    11,615

    DeSales 34-14.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    4,473

    Weather in Northern Kentucky?

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    142

    Don't ever count Coach Lickertt out. He does his homework. I'm picking NewCath.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    1,098

    Quote Originally Posted by Bac2369 View Post
    Weather in Northern Kentucky?
    Hi of 47 Low of 27 and wouldn’t you know it an 80% chance of rain as of weather channel app

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Location
    Brooksville, KY
    Posts
    58

    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch43 View Post
    Don't ever count Coach Lickertt out. He does his homework. I'm picking NewCath.
    A quick scroll through KHSAA shows him with an overall record of 79-89. He's 5-6 this year, was 37-45 in 7 years at Campbell, 24-20 in 4 years at Holmes, and 13-18 in 3 years at Dayton. Not questioning if he does the homework, but maybe he could use a tutor.

    DeSales by 20+. They're just better than the Breds this year, but they certainly have a good crop coming up.

  6. #21
    Mediocre Nachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    1,240

    DeSales will have a running clock late in the 2nd half. 49-6 Colts.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    118

    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre Nachos View Post
    DeSales will have a running clock late in the 2nd half. 49-6 Colts.
    Prior to the Washington County game, I would probably agreed with you. After that game, I don’t see a running clock in this one. It may be a good game. Not 100 percent sure, but I think Desales has had only 2 running clocks this year(Shawnee and NewPort). NCC is above the talent level of those teams.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Aug 18
    Posts
    1

    Having seen both teams in the last few weeks, I would be stunned if this game is closer than a twenty-five point difference; NCC is simply not a quality team, and more importantly, NCC has a few kiddos that I suspect will be baited into committing significant, drive-killing, penalties.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    118

    Quote Originally Posted by turkeysalad View Post
    Having seen both teams in the last few weeks, I would be stunned if this game is closer than a twenty-five point difference; NCC is simply not a quality team, and more importantly, NCC has a few kiddos that I suspect will be baited into committing significant, drive-killing, penalties.
    Are you stunned this morning?

Top