Central 31 Trinity 13 (JV)

Page 2 of Final. Hate to see my Rocks lose, but ecstatic that the future looks amazingly bright at Central! Way to go Yellowjackets!... 23 comments | 1788 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Posts
    302

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    ^ If you think that the game is an indicator of an eminent demise for us, then feel free to do so. Forgive me, if I don't use JV as a barometer for anything other than snaps for those that don't get them in a varsity setting.
    I would agree 100% that a JV game is by no means a barometer for the next level. It is a feather in Central's cap. However, I do hope that we stop with the nonsense talk. EXAMPLE Tinity"s JVs #2 in the state. We lost because they used Varsity starters. Trinity played Central at the JV level and lost. The End
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 12
    Posts
    623

    A T win in JV over a traditional top program like X, Cincy St. X, Moller, or Brentwood Acad. is a sign of the "stocked cupboard" nature of T's football program.

    A T loss in a JV game is an indication of nothing, and likely the result of other teams using shady tactics in terms of who they choose to play.


  3. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Location
    West Louisville
    Posts
    3,127

    Quote Originally Posted by East Raider View Post
    A T win in JV over a traditional top program like X, Cincy St. X, Moller, or Brentwood Acad. is a sign of the "stocked cupboard" nature of T's football program.

    A T loss in a JV game is an indication of nothing, and likely the result of other teams using shady tactics in terms of who they choose to play.

    Regardless of what anyone says about a jv game, it truly means nothing.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    176

    Quote Originally Posted by Orca1 View Post
    I would agree 100% that a JV game is by no means a barometer for the next level. It is a feather in Central's cap. However, I do hope that we stop with the nonsense talk. EXAMPLE Tinity"s JVs #2 in the state. We lost because they used Varsity starters. Trinity played Central at the JV level and lost. The End
    If you are a sophomore starter on Varsity and still play JV ball, that's wrong. Central had 2 kids in this case. Again, Trinity played their starting varsity DE. The same kid that is starting while Jason H. is nursing an injury. So what's your point. However, I'm like you. It's over....move on, but do not discredit Central.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Posts
    55,091

    Personally I don't have a problem with any team playing varsity players in JV games, and Trinity should be the last team to make it a point of contention. I'm disappointed we can't just accept we got beat, and quite handily. That doesn't spell doom for Trinity in the future. It just means we have plenty to improve upon.

    Why can't there be more than one great team in Louisville? It only helps us all, in the end.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    14,545

    This Trinity fan commends Central on 2 points. Scheduling the game in the first place and then handily beating Trinity.

    Central has built their program by playing bigger and stronger teams, in some cases taking their lumps in other not. No one can argue with the results.

    Well done Yellowjackets.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    Scoutin for SCIT's in the Hills and #MHFGA
    Posts
    5,834

    Quote Originally Posted by ftbll4life View Post
    Why is it that if a team beats T or X that they used varsity players. Other post on another site mentioned that Central played 2 sophomores that start varsity. Central's roster list 20 SR and 20 JR. I'm pretty sure that a lot of those JR's are JV players. Here is a fact from the game. Central played the entire game with a FR at QB, HB, WR, and C.
    No not at all. The fact they used them is the "excuse" for Trinity. I have no problem with it. With the kids T has in its program, others don't have that luxury. Central is a great program as is T. I respect both. Just love seeing the smaller school excell against the big boys. My team faces the same challenge this week.

  8. #23
    SHAMROCK69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Home of the 2012 National Champions " Trinity ROCKS and Kentucky Wildcats"
    Posts
    2,693

    I congratulate Central. First for playing us, and second, for a nice win. I hope they win another state title.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jun 04
    Posts
    423

    Quote Originally Posted by rockmom View Post
    Personally I don't have a problem with any team playing varsity players in JV games, and Trinity should be the last team to make it a point of contention. I'm disappointed we can't just accept we got beat, and quite handily. That doesn't spell doom for Trinity in the future. It just means we have plenty to improve upon.

    Why can't there be more than one great team in Louisville? It only helps us all, in the end.
    Agreed, "a rising tide lifts all boats."

Top