Cal Preps Ratings 9/8

  1. #1
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    5,904

    Cal Preps Ratings 9/8

    New updated ratings show Trinity #1 and Male #2. Trinity is #63 and Male #205 in the nation. Hard to argue their position. Do you think some of other teams rankings are accurate? I think Boyle County will move up as season goes on.

    calpreps.com
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 19
    Posts
    43

    I think Scott County and Lex Cath should be ranked higher. Lex Cath probably number 2 in 4A behind Boyle. Both should be in top 10. I think there is no front runner in 5A between the top 5-6 schools. You could reshuffle the rankings on those schools every week if you wanted. I like the parity in 5A. Highlands could beat Cov Cath this year. HHS is better than last year and CCH is slightly down from last year. South Warren was suppose to be down this year but they are looking good so far. I don't take calpreps rankings too seriously anyways.

  3. #3
    OGRaidersman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18
    Posts
    101

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerpride94 View Post
    New updated ratings show Trinity #1 and Male #2. Trinity is #63 and Male #205 in the nation. Hard to argue their position. Do you think some of other teams rankings are accurate? I think Boyle County will move up as season goes on.

    calpreps.com
    This is great information thanks for sharing. I knew Ryle had a tough schedule this year but didn’t realize it was rated the 3rd hardest in the state this season.

  4. #4
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    5,904

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecolonels95 View Post
    I think Scott County and Lex Cath should be ranked higher. Lex Cath probably number 2 in 4A behind Boyle. Both should be in top 10. I think there is no front runner in 5A between the top 5-6 schools. You could reshuffle the rankings on those schools every week if you wanted. I like the parity in 5A. Highlands could beat Cov Cath this year. HHS is better than last year and CCH is slightly down from last year. South Warren was suppose to be down this year but they are looking good so far. I don't take calpreps rankings too seriously anyways.
    I agree. I think Cal Preps ratings should be used as a blunt tool rather than a precision one especially this early in season.

  5. #5
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,073

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecolonels95 View Post
    I don't take calpreps rankings too seriously anyways.
    From about October on they usually are close to accurate. Teams are often undervalued or overvalued early and the first few games leads to some movement.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 19
    Posts
    43

    I like coaches or the sports press from state of Kentucky to actually rank KY schools. Calpreps is always questionable on their rankings. I don't know where they get their info from.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 19
    Posts
    43

    True. Let the games be played. I do agree on many teams being either overrated or underrated in first part of the year.

  8. #8
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    5,904

    Quote Originally Posted by bluecolonels95 View Post
    I like coaches or the sports press from state of Kentucky to actually rank KY schools. Calpreps is always questionable on their rankings. I don't know where they get their info from.
    I read how they figure ratings. It uses scoring margins and strength of schedule to come up with average rating. It’s more complicated than that explanation, but that is what I took away after reading about it.

Top