Breathitt County - 2019 Schedule

  1. #1
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    42,326

    Breathitt County - 2019 Schedule

    Aug 23 at Jenkins
    Aug 30 vs. South Laurel (KY River Medical Center Honey Bowl)
    Sep 6 at Magoffin County
    Sep 13 vs. Estill County
    Sep 20 vs. Powell County
    Sep 27 at Middlesboro (District Game)
    Oct 4 vs. Morgan County (District Game)
    Oct 18 at Knott County Central (District Game)
    Oct 25 at Leslie County (District Game)
    Nov 1 vs. Pike County Central
    Advertisement
    Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Jul 25, 19 at 07:56 AM.

  2. #2
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,198

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Aug 30 vs. Clay County
    I'm not sure if this one is correct. Clay County is showing 10 games without Breathitt and the Breathitt coach recently posted a request for a game on that date.

  3. #3
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    12,313

    Breathitt had really fallen on hard times over the past five or six years, but I expect the Bobcats to be one of the best teams in the East this year.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,619

    Quote Originally Posted by ATLCat View Post
    Breathitt had really fallen on hard times over the past five or six years, but I expect the Bobcats to be one of the best teams in the East this year.
    I just don't see it they barely and I mean barely beat McCreary Central in the open round of the playoffs last year, it would be a huge stretch for them to go from a 1 point first round win over McCreary to an eastern half contender.

  5. #5
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,198

    Quote Originally Posted by HT721 View Post
    I just don't see it they barely and I mean barely beat McCreary Central in the open round of the playoffs last year, it would be a huge stretch for them to go from a 1 point first round win over McCreary to an eastern half contender.
    While I tend to agree, they’re also moving down a class, into a really weak district, while bringing in an all-state caliber running back (along with some other new players). The team playing this year is in many ways a different everything from the one who played McCreary. That said it’s probably still fools gold for Breathitt.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    29

    Who are the other new players Breathitt has added?

  7. #7
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    42,326

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Aug 30 vs. Clay County
    I'm not sure if this one is correct. Clay County is showing 10 games without Breathitt and the Breathitt coach recently posted a request for a game on that date.
    They've removed the game from the KHSAA site now.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 19
    Posts
    56

    CA Collins - One of the best running backs in the state.

    Waddle or Weddle kid from Indiana - Supposed to be a tremendous WR.

    William Long - A top 20 lineman in KY and the strongest high schooler in KY.

    Heck of an off season haul.
    Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Jul 15, 19 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Rule #13 - Punctuation

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,619

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyleCo View Post
    CA Collins - One of the best running backs in the state.

    Waddle or Weddle kid from Indiana - Supposed to be a tremendous WR.

    William Long - A top 20 lineman in KY and the strongest high schooler in KY.

    Heck of an off season haul.
    It’s definitely some good puzzle pieces added and other than maybe Leslie they should romp through the district, but I still don’t see them competing with Mayfield, Beechwood, Somerset, Danville, and LCA for the 2a crown. They probably are a 6-10 ranked team but they aren’t in the top tier, even with the additions.
    Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Jul 15, 19 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Rule #14

  10. #10
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,598

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyleCo View Post
    CA Collins - One of the best running backs in the state.

    Waddle or Weddle kid from Indiana - Supposed to be a tremendous WR.

    William Long - A top 20 lineman in KY and the strongest high schooler in KY.

    Heck of an off season haul.
    How do we figure out who the strongest high schooler in KY is?
    Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Jul 15, 19 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Rule #14

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 19
    Posts
    56

    It’s called the high school State powerlifting championship.

  12. #12
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,598

    Quote Originally Posted by BoyleCo View Post
    It’s called the high school State powerlifting championship.
    What percent of players in the state participate? Do you think it is above or below 50%?

    Maybe I am quibbling. Maybe he is the strongest player in the state, but we don't know that. If you want to say he is the state power lifting champ, no doubt about that. I think it is presumptive to call him the strongest player in the state.

  13. #13
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    829

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    What percent of players in the state participate? Do you think it is above or below 50%?

    Maybe I am quibbling. Maybe he is the strongest player in the state, but we don't know that. If you want to say he is the state power lifting champ, no doubt about that. I think it is presumptive to call him the strongest player in the state.
    William Long is a super-strong kid. I believe he won his weight class in the Kentucky State Powerlifting Meet as a freshman. Just transferred to Breathitt County from Hoptown.

    To your point though, VoR, participation in the KSPM is spotty, at best. There are probably 200 kids, 300 tops there to compete in the meet most years. Most of the schools in the state, and several entire regions of the state go completely un-represented there. To say that William is the strongest high schooler in Kentucky is an overstep, but you can safely say he is the strongest high schooler in Kentucky that competes in the Kentucky State Powerlifting Championship.

  14. #14
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    32,598

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    William Long is a super-strong kid. I believe he won his weight class in the Kentucky State Powerlifting Meet as a freshman. Just transferred to Breathitt County from Hoptown.

    To your point though, VoR, participation in the KSPM is spotty, at best. There are probably 200 kids, 300 tops there to compete in the meet most years. Most of the schools in the state, and several entire regions of the state go completely un-represented there. To say that William is the strongest high schooler in Kentucky is an overstep, but you can safely say he is the strongest high schooler in Kentucky that competes in the Kentucky State Powerlifting Championship.
    Agreed. Not to sidetrack the thread, but do any schools from Louisville, N. Ky. and/or Lexington have kids competing in powerlifting?

    Is there a website or link to meet results?
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; Jul 15, 19 at 02:33 PM.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 19
    Posts
    56

    Isnít that like saying Martins Licis and Halfpor Bjornsson are not the strongest men in the world because not every man competed?

Top