Boyd County Assistant Coaches

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    530

    Boyd County Assistant Coaches

    Just saw on Boyd Co's job listing that they are looking for 9 assistant coaches. Anyone know what's going on? Just curious.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    830

    That's either a typo or something major.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    168

    LOL! I mean its not surprising...how awful were they? I think Ashland was up 35-0 on them in literally like 7 minutes. They are a perpetual dumpster fire.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Posts
    592

    9 assistants? Wow, that is a lot of coaches! How many players do they have?

  5. #5
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    19,200

    Someone should probably confirm this, but Im being told that Boyd Co schools is cutting their staff by close to 20%.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by Pick-six View Post
    9 assistants? Wow, that is a lot of coaches! How many players do they have?
    From the looks of last years team they have zero football players.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Posts
    168

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Someone should probably confirm this, but Im being told that Boyd Co schools is cutting their staff by close to 20%.
    Like their entire staff, district wide? No way.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    830

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    Someone should probably confirm this, but Im being told that Boyd Co schools is cutting their staff by close to 20%.
    20% seems a little high, but, with the education system across the state the way it currently is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least close to that 20% mark.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    530

    Just went and looked on their job listings and the position(s) were taken down. Not sure what's going on.

  10. #10
    DevilMayCare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    2,942

    Quote Originally Posted by Youngbloods View Post
    Just saw on Boyd Co's job listing that they are looking for 9 assistant coaches. Anyone know what's going on? Just curious.
    According to Aaron Snyder's twitter, David Manning has added Paul Rains and Zack Moore to the staff.

    Rains is a well travelled coach with over 200 career wins and a state title in 2009 at LCA. Most recently, he was the head coach at Dunbar, before retiring after the 2015 season. Manning served on his staff at Montgomery County some 25+ years ago. That's a really good get for Boyd County's program.

    Moore was previously the head coach at East Carter and an assistant at Morehead State. Manning was on Moore's staff in Grayson.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 08
    Posts
    695

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotsnakes View Post
    20% seems a little high, but, with the education system across the state the way it currently is, I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least close to that 20% mark.
    I heard it was 15% of Staff cuts in Boyd County.

Top