Page 2 of BluegrassPreps 2016 Western Kentucky Power Rankings ... 21 comments | 1392 Views | Go to page 1 →
Oct 24, 16, 09:59 AM #16
I had several games circled on my calendar this season and this was one of them.
I was going to go fishing at KENLAKE with PNation and then go to the game.
However, my 6th grade daughter is in a play that night (she has worked really hard on this) and it would cause World War III for me not to go. Plus, these are the events she needs me at and later on not so much.
BUT, I really want to catch a Mustangs game in the future as I really think McCraken will keep improving as long as they keep a stable coaching staff!!!Advertisement
Oct 24, 16, 10:08 AM #17
BIG Week for County! Last year, drove to JHardin and lost. I think you reverse that this year and pay JHardin back, which IMO is HUGE for confidence going into the post season vs a quality opponent (no matter what Bernie says) and ramping up for another shot at El Donaldson Stadium!!! Good luck!
Oct 24, 16, 10:38 AM #18
Purple 88 Christian defense made some personnel changes after the BG game and it has made a big difference. Keep a eye on sophomore LB Abren kid #26. Dad was a standout for Campbellsville and uncle played at UK.. He's a difference maker!!
- Join Date
- Feb 13
Oct 24, 16, 01:42 PM #19
Oct 26, 16, 08:55 AM #20Well Sports Fans, I thought we'd dive into Numbers 16 through 20 one last time this season! When you deal with teams in this area, I think the question typically is can or "could" these teams win a playoff game? Most, if not all, of these teams will be on the road for the playoffs and looking for one more round of glory before restocking the winter equipment storage areas.
With that said, here's my #16 through #20 for West Teams:
16. Calloway County (4A) Record: 7-2. The Lakers have had an excellent season! But an arguement could be made that they have beaten the teams they should have and lost to the teams they should have (Hoptown and Marshall County 5A). This week they host a wounded Graves County team that would pick a fight with any kid on the playground. Will be a good test for the Lakers, as their first round matchup with Allen County Scottsville is NO gimme, but I do like that they are at home and they have less injuries. Nice season Lakers!!!
17. Adair County - Record: 7-2. The Indians have had a very good season! But that loss at Edmonson County is why they are not higher on this list along with most feeling their schedule is lacking, but honestly I don't have a big problem with that. Adair County is not Trinity. This season and last season are the best seasons EVER at Adair County and I'm happy for them. Now they have a very tough road game at ticked off (lost for the first time last week vs a very Stout Corbin squad) Rival Casey County. They will host Round 1 against either Union/Trigg or Ft Campbell. Even if it's Union (likely the strongest of the 3) they are really banged up and I like Adair in that matchup. But that's probably it for the Indians, but Great Season, as you recall Adair didn't even have a coach until LATE in the Pre-Season but thanks to Warren Central for throwing Coach Stevens out with the bath water and Adair caught him! Excellent job Coach Stevens!!!
18. Allen County Scottsville - Record: 4-5. Has anyone had tougher luck this season than ACS? I think probably not. The 5 losses are to very good teams and mostly (except Franklin and South Warren) tight 1 possession games. Their best player and team leader goes down with a tough knee injury, but his backups have played admirably! Interesting game to close out the season with 8 and 1 Bardstown rollin into Scottsville this Friday. Honestly, I don't know what to expect in this one, but I know Bardstown is solid, but don't have a good read on where ACS is with their injury issues after their last 2 tough games. Round 1 finds a long trip to an improved Calloway County squad just up the page here. With no injuries, ACS is the clear favorite. With injuries, I'm not so sure. And because of the road factor, I would not give them the nod in that game.
19. McLean County (2A) - Record: 6-3. Fans in Calhoun should be proud of this team! Their only losses are a 2 point setback to a 6A Muhlenberg team that was playing their best at that time; a 12 point loss at King Rex & Butler County; and got plastered at OCATH (but so has alot of people). They end the season vs Webster Co (automatic Win) and then have to travel to a down Murray squad in Week 1. Simply put, I like McLean in this game. Good luck!
20. Graves County (5A) - Record: 5-4. Gritty club, but really been hurt by injuries. Was in both games against Owensboro and Christian County before wearing down in both. Interesting game at Calloway County to end the year should tell us the Eagle barometer at the moment. Then a long drive to the Swamp to play Greenwood in Week 1. I liked their chances in this one much better before their star WR went down and just think Greenwood is the better team this year.
Others Receiving Votes: Muhlenberg County, Metcalfe County, Edmonson County, Daviess County, Henderson County, Madisonville NH, Union County, and Trigg County
SO, What do you think? Who should move where? Pretty good as is? Last call on these guys...
Oct 26, 16, 09:37 AM #21
- Join Date
- Oct 01
- Ho ho ho 4 in a row
Oct 26, 16, 06:40 PM #22