BluegrassPreps Lexington/Central Kentucky Area Power Rankings 10-25-18
As we wind down to the end of the season the chance for movement continues to get more slim each week. George Rogers Clark has exited the top ten and Franklin County has joined the ranks of the top ten this week. Other than that the teams remain the same with a little bit of adjusting due to Henry Clay losing their starting quarterback and clearly being a whole new team without him. As we enter the last week of the regular season there aren’t many intriguing matchups and most teams are focusing on team health instead of team success in this final week of the regular. Let’s jump right in.
1. Frederick Douglass(6A, 9-0)Frederick Douglas defeated Henry Clay 36-3 to claim the top spot in their district. They will finish the regular season on the road at Conner this Friday night.
2. Boyle County(3A, 9-0) Boyle County defeated Western Hills 54-35 in a closer-than-the-score-indicates thriller. Boyle County will finish the regular season against Mercer County at home this Thursday night.
3. Scott County(6A, 7-3) Scott County defeated Pleasure Ridge Park 44-18. They have completed their regular season schedule and will face Campbell County on the road in the first round of the playoffs on November 2.
4. Anderson County(5A, 9-0) Anderson County defeated Madison Southern 40-7. They will finish their regular season on the road at North Oldham this Friday night.
5. Lexington Catholic(3A, 6-3) Lexington Catholic defeated Garrard County 39-22. Lexington Catholic will finish their regular season at home against Southwestern this Friday night.
6. Taylor County(4A, 8-1) Taylor County defeated Marion County 62-6. Taylor County will finish their regular season at home against Green County.
7. Henry Clay(6A, 5-4) Henry Clay lost to Frederick Douglass 36-3. Henry Clay will finish their regular season on the road at Cooper this Friday night.
8. Madison Central(6A, 7-2) Madison Central defeated George Rogers Clark 31-7. Madison Central will finish their regular season on the road at Bryan Station this Friday night.
9. Montgomery County(5A, 7-2) Montgomery County defeated Woodford County 48-20. Montgomery County will finish up their regular season at home against Lincoln County.
10. Franklin County(4A, 7-2) Franklin County defeated North Oldham 47-14. Franklin County will finish up their regular season on the road at Tates Creek.
Be On The Lookout For:
George Rogers Clark lost to Madison Central 31-7 last week. They will finish the regular season against at home against Bourbon County.
Lexington Christian defeated Danville 14-13 last week. They finish the regular season on the road at Estill County.
Lincoln County defeated South Laurel 35-23 last week. They finish the regular season on the road at Montgomery County.
Game of the Week:
Southwestern at Lexington Catholic
High powered offense meets stout defense in this matchup as Lexington Catholic hosts Southwestern this Friday night in this week’s Game of the Week. Southwestern has been a strong running team this year and we all know that Lexington Catholic has faced difficulties stopping the run with success. Lexington Catholic will use their high powered passing attack to test a Southwestern defense that is giving up an average of about 11 points per game to opposing teams this year. With Southwestern losing their first game of the season last week, I have to imagine that they will be playing this game to win as they look to regain some mojo heading into the playoffs. This is a great matchup for both teams as they look to work out some things heading into November.
Last Week’s Game of the Week:
George Rogers Clark at Madison Central
Madison Central dominated this game as they won 31-7 and secured the top seed in the district. For maybe the first time all season Madison Central finished the game with more passing yards than rushing yards and used one of their more balanced attacks to win this game. George Rogers Clark couldn’t get anything going and Nitavius Thomas was neutralized from the start of the game. I thought this game would be a much closer, competitive game. I was wrong about that.
Player of the Week:
Reese Smith-Boyle County- 105 yards receiving, 3 TDs, 8 tackles, 1 interception, 100 yard interception return TD
Chase Blanton-Harrison County- 201 yards rushing, 3 TDs, 4 tackles(3 TFL)
Jalen Burbage-Bryan Station- 114 yards rushing, 3 TDs
DaJuan Davis-Frankfort- 259 yards rushing, 3 TDs, 18 yards receiving, 19 tackles
Darius Napier-Lincoln County- 203 yards rushing, 2TDs, 32 yards receiving, 4 tackles
Will Vernon-Lexington Christian- 134 yards receiving, 1 TD
Wandale Robinson Watch:
His latest stats haven’t been updated to the KHSAA scoreboard so for this week we only have his yearly stats. I do know that he finished strong against Boyle County but I don’t have his official stats for last week’s game.
8-10 passing, 173 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT
1560 yards rushing, 25 TDs
367 yards receiving, 7 TDs
35 total TDs
3-2 point conversations
85 tackles(10 TFL)
5 forced fumbles
3 interceptions, 134 interception return yards, 1 interceptions return TD
Tags for this Thread