BluegrassPreps Class 6A Football Rankings (9/9) - Discussion

  1. #1
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    45,608

    BluegrassPreps Class 6A Football Rankings (9/9) - Discussion

    Class 6A

    Well, well, well! How about Male? The Bulldogs' 51-14 beat down of St. Xavier puts the state on notice, and if not for Trinity's equally as impressive showing against Moeller, the Bulldogs may have received more first place votes. The Shamrocks keep fighting for Kentucky's honor with their fourth straight game against an out of state opponent. St. Xavier joins Ballard as teams looking for a major rebound statement against a smaller class powerhouse. The Tigers get 4A Central while the Bruins draw 3A's #1 team Christian Academy of Louisville. Fern Creek took down Central in impressive fashion, if they can knock off Butler they will certainly be turning heads. Keep monitoring North Hardin and Central Hardin as they seem to be on a collision course. Central Hardin will get a chance to prove if they are a worthy challenge as they face an Elizabethtown team the Trojans have already handled.

    1. Trinity vs. Waubonsie Valley (IL)
    2. Male -- OPEN
    3. St. Xavier at 4A #8 Central
    4. North Hardin at Tates Creek
    5. Ballard at 3A #1 Christian Academy Louisville
    6. Manual vs. Oldham County
    7. Fern Creek at #10 Butler
    8. Simon Kenton vs. 5A #4 Highlands
    9. Central Hardin at 3A #6 Elizabethtown
    10. Butler vs. #7 Fern Creek
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,490

    I see not much has changed, ranking wise, in my hiatus...

    What up all?

  3. #3
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    150,513

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    I see not much has changed, ranking wise, in my hiatus...

    What up all?
    Hey, what's up @RockPride

    I think it has changed a little, if anything, beyond Male and Trinity no one in 6A has a chance and it is not even close.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,490

    Agree with that. Last year was a calamity of errors for my boys, but that recharged these boys. I was told there was horrific leadership on that team. We all know that will kill a season. Much like '04 for us, and our loss to Dixie Heights. This team is super hungry, and they have a massive chip on their shoulder. That, by itself, doesn't mean a thing. However, combine athleticism with it, some luck, and health, and now we're talking about a dangerous team. Our game with Male will be so telling. Feels good to be back.

  5. #5
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    150,513

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPride View Post
    Agree with that. Last year was a calamity of errors for my boys, but that recharged these boys. I was told there was horrific leadership on that team. We all know that will kill a season. Much like '04 for us, and our loss to Dixie Heights. This team is super hungry, and they have a massive chip on their shoulder. That, by itself, doesn't mean a thing. However, combine athleticism with it, some luck, and health, and now we're talking about a dangerous team. Our game with Male will be so telling. Feels good to be back.
    I don't want to get too far off track but I thought that Dixie team was pretty good and I was at that game.

    And it feels good to have you back RP.

    On T last year, they looked very good to start the season but they had some injuries and never recovered.

  6. #6
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,029

    @Hardin County Preps - Let's discuss this in here so as not to derail the game thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardin County Preps View Post
    Flawed reasoning Deuce.
    North Hardin 20
    Elizabethtown 13
    And the lovefest continues with North Hardin.
    I asked you this in the Apollo thread, but you ignored...

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    What level of respect are you looking for in regards to CH, exactly? Their opponents are a combined 1-8 on the season.
    Also, it's not flawed logic. As you see above, CH's opponents are 1-8 on the year. NH's opponents are 5-4.

    In 2018, CH was 3-8, NH was 9-3. Why exactly would Central Hardin be ranked ahead of North Hardin at this point in the season?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 18
    Posts
    83

    I think Ryle should be swapped with SK this week.

    Ryle’s opponents are 7-2 and are higher rated teams than anyone SK has faced this season.

  8. #8
    Hardin County Preps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    1,013

    Deuce, that is not what I am saying. You simply said that Central Hardin would have to beat Elizabethtown handily in order to be considered a serious contender in 6A, but North Hardin was trailing most of the game and barely beat Elizabethtown, didn't fall in the rankings and is still considered a contender in 6A. I consider Elizabethtown a worthy contender and will give Central Hardin a run for their money Friday. Regardless, North Hardin is a talented team but the gap between the top 6A Louisville top 3 and the rest of the field is large this year. I have seen Trinity and North Hardin already once this year and will see Trinity at Male next Friday during a bye week for Central Hardin. The talent gap every year between Hardin County area schools and the Louisville big three as large. This year is no exception!

  9. #9
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    54,029

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardin County Preps View Post
    Deuce, that is not what I am saying. You simply said that Central Hardin would have to beat Elizabethtown handily in order to be considered a serious contender in 6A, but North Hardin was trailing most of the game and barely beat Elizabethtown, didn't fall in the rankings and is still considered a contender in 6A. I consider Elizabethtown a worthy contender and will give Central Hardin a run for their money Friday. Regardless, North Hardin is a talented team but the gap between the top 6A Louisville top 3 and the rest of the field is large this year. I have seen Trinity and North Hardin already once this year and will see Trinity at Male next Friday during a bye week for Central Hardin. The talent gap every year between Hardin County area schools and the Louisville big three as large. This year is no exception!
    I don't think being ranked in the Top 10 necessarily makes a team a contender, especially in 6A, but that's just me.

  10. #10
    Hardin County Preps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    1,013

    District 2 will be determined later this season based on how healthy Central Hardin and North Hardin are. Depth will come into play at some point this season. Team chemistry, preparation, and confidence of each team based on the leadership ability of the coaches that surround the program will go a long way in determining who comes out on top.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 18
    Posts
    14

    I’m not sure I would blame Trinity’s awful season last year on injuries. You can argue they had significantly fewer injuries than Manual and St X. Even Male, the state champion, played without its star RB the entire season. While Trinity had talent and showed glimpses of being good, their inability to identify a signal caller and a lack of leadership was their eventual undoing last season.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,490

    Trinity was down numerous skill players last year. You are right about one thing. They still should have won the title. Leadership, in the end, sealed their fate. That has been rectified this season.

Top