Bluegrasspreps' Class 4A Rankings (10/12)

  1. #1
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    45,147

    Bluegrasspreps' Class 4A Rankings (10/12)

    1. Johnson Central vs. Rowan County
    2. South Warren at Allen County-Scottsville
    3. Ashland vs. Greenup County
    4. Spencer County at #6 Shelby County
    5. Scott vs. Bourbon County
    6. Shelby County vs. #4 Spencer County
    7. Hopkinsville vs. Calloway County
    8. John Hardin vs. Valley
    9. Franklin County -- OPEN
    10. Collins vs. North Oldham
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    45,147

    Johnson Central and South Warren still have a lock on the top two spots, will we know who is really number one before the State Championship Game? Ashland is blazing, that game with Johnson Central is still hanging in the back of many people's brain. Spencer County may be able to show just how good they are this week when they meet up with #6 Shelby County. Franklin County takes a week off, can they get some issues straightened up to prepare for the playoffs?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    1,365

    IMO

    1 SW
    2JC
    3 Spencer
    4 Ashland

    If Spencer beats Shelby this week, they go to 2 in my book.
    That would be 3 top 10 teams in 4A they have beaten. Can't say that about anyone else.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    755

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2tone View Post
    IMO

    1 SW
    2JC
    3 Spencer
    4 Ashland

    If Spencer beats Shelby this week, they go to 2 in my book.
    That would be 3 top 10 teams in 4A they have beaten. Can't say that about anyone else.
    Has Spencer even played anyone good this year? And don't say Collins. Completely overrated IMO. No where close to a top 3 team.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Like he said if they beat Shelby they will have beaten 3 top 10 teams in BGP 4A rankings.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    755

    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    Like he said if they beat Shelby they will have beaten 3 top 10 teams in BGP 4A rankings.
    They are top 10 only because of weak schedules. Won't matter anyway because none of them will make it out of the region.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by hoss403 View Post
    They are top 10 only because of weak schedules. Won't matter anyway because none of them will make it out of the region.
    Its been widely accepted that BGP rankings are the best and take into consideration strength of schedule. I believe all 3 of those teams are top 10 in calpreps 4A rankings as well. The fact is "have they played anybody good" has been answered. They have beaten 2 teams better than anyone JH has beaten and Shelby would make 3. That would make them a favorite over JH but would not prevent JH from pulling an upset.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    1,353

    I agree that Spencer, Shelby, and Franklin do have good records against mostly bad teams, but who has John Hardin beat? (3-5) North Hardin, (2-6) Meade County, (2-5) Warren Central, and (2-5) Breckinridge County. I also agree that John Hardin has a great shot at winning the region (I personally think they beat Spencer), but acting like they are so much better than everyone else at this point is just silly. They very well could be, but there is nothing to prove that at this point. I think Spencer County is the only one that can beat John Hardin because of their offense, but their defense still needs some work if they want to win in the playoffs. However, I don't think it really matters who wins the region, they aren't beating South Warren.

    Quite frankly 4A just isn't that strong this year, so the top 10 isn't gonna be loaded with powerhouse teams. Collins isn't very good at all, but they still end up at 10 in the rankings.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    1,595

    Mercer is rising

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 09
    Posts
    4,060

    Outside of SW and Johnson Central, when you go beyond the "Who have they played" (take a 5-3 team, and look at who those 5 teams have beaten), I don't really know how much "playing anybody" is really going on when you really dissect it.

    Outside of 2-4 teams per class, I'm not sure anybody is truly in the running.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    189

    Wayne County playing quality football lately!!!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    755

    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    Its been widely accepted that BGP rankings are the best and take into consideration strength of schedule. I believe all 3 of those teams are top 10 in calpreps 4A rankings as well. The fact is "have they played anybody good" has been answered. They have beaten 2 teams better than anyone JH has beaten and Shelby would make 3. That would make them a favorite over JH but would not prevent JH from pulling an upset.
    Completely disagree. And when JH beats them in the playoffs it will not be an upset of any kind.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by hoss403 View Post
    Completely disagree. And when JH beats them in the playoffs it will not be an upset of any kind.
    You disagree with the BGP ranking panel the calpreps computer and not just me. I feel like i'm in good company. Upsets happen every week though, so keep your chin up.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    755

    Quote Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
    You disagree with the BGP ranking panel the calpreps computer and not just me. I feel like i'm in good company. Upsets happen every week though, so keep your chin up.
    I disagree with you saying it would be an upset. That is absurd.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Shang Ri La
    Posts
    2,769

    Quote Originally Posted by hoss403 View Post
    I disagree with you saying it would be an upset. That is absurd.
    I'm not trying to pound on you here but when 1 team is ranked higher than another and the lower ranked team wins that's what we call an upset. In these rankings it would be a "mild" upset.

Top