Bellevue vs. Newport Central Catholic

Page 6 of Originally Posted by bosoxfan34do That is open for opinion because there are a few really good backs in NKY but I'm not sure that you can look at one g... 123 comments | 6506 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,944

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    Agree.

    Yeagle would not make any such statement. Plus he couldn't make that statement for 1998 (2-9) and 1999 (4-8) even if he wanted too. If he could turn those teams into state champs he could also cure world hunger, fix the holes in the ozone, and return gas to 29.9 cents a gallon.

    He is way too busy with more important things right now. Gotta get those Tigers ready for Friday! :fight:
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by JBCousins
    You're like the guy in the FedEx commercial....You're always wrong...how are you always wrong?...let's review the facts....
    1. You thought Beechwood would beat Bellevue...if I remember correctly
    2. You thought NCC would win by 3 TD's in the first game and only a cheap TD by the JV would make it that close....it was 6-0 with a minute left.
    3. You thought Bellevue could not hang with NCC
    4. You said there would be 3 or 4 personal fouls late in the game...was there?
    5. You said Cov Cath would beat Highland...if I'm not mistaken
    6. AND you get fringe benefits, not FRENCH benefits.

    You're quite and expert.

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by NEWCATH84
    Ask A Beechwood coach what they think of NewCath in the 90's. Ask the big man Mike he'll tell you the same thing I know he told others. His words were "If I coached at NewCath I would have won state every year"
    I was just wondering but is this thread supposed to be about the predictions for the Bellevue/NCC. not about coach's or teamss in the 90's.

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGamesOver15
    I was just wondering but is this thread supposed to be about the predictions for the Bellevue/NCC. not about coach's or teamss in the 90's.
    It seems to me that about this time of year, we tend to wander a bit on things. Case in point, this thread. It's all sticky's fault. He started it.

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,356

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    Actually NCC has not had the most talented team in Class A for the past decade. I don't think you'd find even the most fanactical fan claim that the NCC teams from 1995-1999 were even legit contenders. In fact the only two losing seasons since the 1970s were in that span.

    And I believe that while NCC has been competitive with Beechwood in the years 2000-2005, just about every footbal fan including those of NCC acknowledge that Beechwood is the premier Class A program.
    '95 was a legit contender.

  6. #81
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    It seems to me that about this time of year, we tend to wander a bit on things. Case in point, this thread. It's all sticky's fault. He started it.
    What the...you sold me out to protect yourself!

  7. #82
    heyimonyourside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Morehead State University
    Posts
    346

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsman
    So Vicars is the better back then,Because he can and will play well on both feild conditions.He was breaking tackles in the mud and dragging tacklers as well in the mud.(Oh wait the sun was shining on NCC's side of the ball) :flame:
    NCC lined their team up in a power set and played smash mouth. Bellevue continued to try and do misdirection plays which leaves Adams with no lead blockers. Lead blockers are useful in the mud.

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    558

    Quote Originally Posted by heyimonyourside
    NCC lined their team up in a power set and played smash mouth. Bellevue continued to try and do misdirection plays which leaves Adams with no lead blockers. Lead blockers are useful in the mud.
    Vicars almost never has lead blockers.He is usally back there with the QB.And they never went to the power set once that night.It was the straight eye formation the whole night every singl play.

  9. #84

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    558

    Quote Originally Posted by hoobanger
    For the past decade NCC has always had one of, if not the most talented team in all of Class A. And every year people (certainly those up on the hill) talk of how it will not even be close when they play Beechwood.
    “Then what is the gurgling, hacking and gasping for air do I hear?
    Oh don't worry it's just NC, chocking in the playoffs again this year.”
    What amazes me most is how much better NC people are than the very people that live next door to. NCC parents and fans have never sat on the sidelines laughing and taunting Bellevue players in the last minutes of the game just to get beat on a "Hail Mary" (ironic isn't it). As for personal fouls I do recall NCC players getting thrown out of games for punching Bellevue players. But lets be honest the refs must have gotten it wrong because there is no way that the high and mighty breds would stoop to that level. Instead us breds fans with our diluted morals intact, sit behind a keyboard and attack the players of a program that has more tradition (just look at the number of state championships). Before I conclude, let me leave you with this. Before you attack the class and character of an entire team, school and community you must first look at the lack of character you may have displayed.
    Good Luck to the players on both sides of the ball!
    We are just answering questions and statements from Bellevue posters who are telling us how much better they are than us.And talk about class,we did not BOOOOOOOOOOO! there kids when they ran on the field.We will start and finish there with the class talk.

  10. #85
    Agent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Mt Adams
    Posts
    1,195

    Quote Originally Posted by hoobanger
    For the past decade NCC has always had one of, if not the most talented team in all of Class A. And every year people (certainly those up on the hill) talk of how it will not even be close when they play Beechwood.
    “Then what is the gurgling, hacking and gasping for air do I hear?
    Oh don't worry it's just NC, chocking in the playoffs again this year.”
    What amazes me most is how much better NC people are than the very people that live next door to. NCC parents and fans have never sat on the sidelines laughing and taunting Bellevue players in the last minutes of the game just to get beat on a "Hail Mary" (ironic isn't it). As for personal fouls I do recall NCC players getting thrown out of games for punching Bellevue players. But lets be honest the refs must have gotten it wrong because there is no way that the high and mighty breds would stoop to that level. Instead us breds fans with our diluted morals intact, sit behind a keyboard and attack the players of a program that has more tradition (just look at the number of state championships). Before I conclude, let me leave you with this. Before you attack the class and character of an entire team, school and community you must first look at the lack of character you may have displayed.
    Good Luck to the players on both sides of the ball!

    You sound like a great ncc fan, as for the fans sitting behind keyboards attacking players and actions, you are doing the same thing bringing up players getting thrown out of games from years ago. IF that aint the pot calling the kettle black.

  11. #86
    heyimonyourside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Morehead State University
    Posts
    346

    I was told this game is going to be played at 7:00 on Friday @ Holmes.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by heyimonyourside
    I was told this game is going to be played at 7:00 on Friday @ Holmes.
    You were told that back in post #33.

  13. #88
    heyimonyourside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Morehead State University
    Posts
    346

    Must have missed and I thought I was current with the thread so I didn't go back and read everything. Thanks though.

    Why didn't they do a sticky for it like they did with game changes that happened last week?

  14. #89

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    47

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman32
    It seems to me that about this time of year, we tend to wander a bit on things. Case in point, this thread. It's all sticky's fault. He started it.

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    47

    Predictions for this one? You think this will be a high scoring game?

Top