Bellevue vs. Newport Central Catholic

Page 5 of Originally Posted by bosoxfan34do That is open for opinion because there are a few really good backs in NKY but I'm not sure that you can look at one g... 123 comments | 6506 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61
    JBCousins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Posts
    1,572

    Quote Originally Posted by NEWCATH84
    Ouch that hurt
    I picked CovCath
    I always pick Beechwood besides when they play NewCath
    I picked by 2 or 3 TD's that was right I don't care how they scored or when they scored the Breds won by 2tds
    On a dry field this week I don't think Bellevue will hang long with the Breds I already said it will be close for awhile
    They did get a personal foul called sorry for guessing a few to many. I remember some Bellevue fan claiming they would get any and laughed at me but it happened so I was right.
    I think come the Bellevue NewCath game I did pretty well don't you? Oh well it's all good fun. I am looking forward to this game. As far as the game goes with the season on the line do you all think Bellevue is going to try to make it the "Adams show" or do as they did in the regular season game and get a few touches to some other guys? Oh well I will see you all this weekend. GO BREDS!!
    I just couldn't let you toot your own horn and get off that easy.

    I think NCC should win the game because their passing attack is very good but if Bellevue can control the clock with their running game and keep it close until the 4th then anything can happen.
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Location
    Marcey Projects, Marcey Son What
    Posts
    489

    Canafax is to much to handle..will have a big game 6+catches 2 tds.. at least.. i dont see NCC struggling a second time around... NCC big...

  3. #63
    ESPNGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Posts
    5,570

    Quote Originally Posted by heyimonyourside
    Just like he didn't do in the mud slop, right? Adams is a speed runner not a power back.
    All we heard all season was how Adams was a "complete" back and now we hear this... kinda inconsistant...

  4. #64
    heyimonyourside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    Morehead State University
    Posts
    346

    He has the speed to blow somebody up on a dry field and break tackles with his momentum going, but in a mud pit if he can't get his speed up then those abilities are practically gone.

    Just wait until this weeks game and you'll see what I'm talking about.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    558

    Quote Originally Posted by heyimonyourside
    He has the speed to blow somebody up on a dry field and break tackles with his momentum going, but in a mud pit if he can't get his speed up then those abilities are practically gone.

    Just wait until this weeks game and you'll see what I'm talking about.
    So Vicars is the better back then,Because he can and will play well on both feild conditions.He was breaking tackles in the mud and dragging tacklers as well in the mud.(Oh wait the sun was shining on NCC's side of the ball) :flame:

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Posts
    497

    I want someone to give me the defination of Peaking or their playing their best football of the season right now. The reason I say this because in every thread someone has said a certain team is playing their best right now. Granted I really do know what it means because I did play a while ago. I used to use this a lot as well. Just because your playing your best or peaking right doesn't gurantee wins this time of year.

  7. #67

    Join Date
    Mar 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    301

    While I think NCC is going to win this game I don't think it will be a blow out. NCC has the propensity to turn the ball over in big games the last couple of years. Beechwood this year and last year. CovCath and Ryle (which almost cost them). So I look for this to be closer than most think and for NCC to turn it over a few times holding on for the win.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    3

    For the past decade NCC has always had one of, if not the most talented team in all of Class A. And every year people (certainly those up on the hill) talk of how it will not even be close when they play Beechwood.
    “Then what is the gurgling, hacking and gasping for air do I hear?
    Oh don't worry it's just NC, chocking in the playoffs again this year.”
    What amazes me most is how much better NC people are than the very people that live next door to. NCC parents and fans have never sat on the sidelines laughing and taunting Bellevue players in the last minutes of the game just to get beat on a "Hail Mary" (ironic isn't it). As for personal fouls I do recall NCC players getting thrown out of games for punching Bellevue players. But lets be honest the refs must have gotten it wrong because there is no way that the high and mighty breds would stoop to that level. Instead us breds fans with our diluted morals intact, sit behind a keyboard and attack the players of a program that has more tradition (just look at the number of state championships). Before I conclude, let me leave you with this. Before you attack the class and character of an entire team, school and community you must first look at the lack of character you may have displayed.
    Good Luck to the players on both sides of the ball!

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Actually NCC has not had the most talented team in Class A for the past decade. I don't think you'd find even the most fanactical fan claim that the NCC teams from 1995-1999 were even legit contenders. In fact the only two losing seasons since the 1970s were in that span.

    And I believe that while NCC has been competitive with Beechwood in the years 2000-2005, just about every footbal fan including those of NCC acknowledge that Beechwood is the premier Class A program.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    451

    NCC 38
    BELLEVUE 20

  11. #71
    NEWCATH84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    1,973

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    Actually NCC has not had the most talented team in Class A for the past decade. I don't think you'd find even the most fanactical fan claim that the NCC teams from 1995-1999 were even legit contenders. In fact the only two losing seasons since the 1970s were in that span.

    And I believe that while NCC has been competitive with Beechwood in the years 2000-2005, just about every footbal fan including those of NCC acknowledge that Beechwood is the premier Class A program.
    Ask A Beechwood coach what they think of NewCath in the 90's. Ask the big man Mike he'll tell you the same thing I know he told others. His words were "If I coached at NewCath I would have won state every year"

  12. #72
    Beechwoodfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Posts
    5,944

    Quote Originally Posted by NEWCATH84
    Ask A Beechwood coach what they think of NewCath in the 90's. Ask the big man Mike he'll tell you the same thing I know he told others. His words were "If I coached at NewCath I would have won state every year"

    I can't imagine Mike saying that. He would not make such an arrogant statement, and he would not disrespect another coach that way.

  13. #73
    NEWCATH84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    1,973

    I was waiting for that LOL I guess I will see most of you all on Friday night

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    4,912

    Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoodfan
    I can't imagine Mike saying that. He would not make such an arrogant statement, and he would not disrespect another coach that way.
    Agree.

    Yeagle would not make any such statement. Plus he couldn't make that statement for 1998 (2-9) and 1999 (4-8) even if he wanted too. If he could turn those teams into state champs he could also cure world hunger, fix the holes in the ozone, and return gas to 29.9 cents a gallon.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Retired From BGP
    Posts
    6,680

    Quote Originally Posted by All Play No Work
    Agree.

    Yeagle would not make any such statement. Plus he couldn't make that statement for 1998 (2-9) and 1999 (4-8) even if he wanted too. If he could turn those teams into state champs he could also cure world hunger, fix the holes in the ozone, and return gas to 29.9 cents a gallon.
    Well what's he waiting for?

Top