Beechwood - 2019 Schedule

  1. #1
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,220

    Beechwood - 2019 Schedule

    8/10 vs. Moore (Scrimmage)
    8/16 vs. Cooper (Scrimmage)
    8/30 vs. Paintsville (at Georgetown College)
    9/6 at Somerset
    9/13 vs. Corbin
    9/20 vs. Covington Catholic
    9/27 vs. Taft (OH)
    10/4 at Dixie Heights
    10/11 vs. Covington Holy Cross (at Holmes) (District Game)
    10/18 at Lloyd Memorial (District Game)
    10/25 vs. Newport (District Game)
    11/1 vs. Newport Central Catholic
    Advertisement
    Last edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue; Mar 5, 19 at 05:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,220

    Obviously this schedule is not 100% complete yet. They still need to get Holy Cross scheduled as a district game, and then they have two more additional games to add on after that.

    I, personally, would guess that we'll see the Tigers with at least one more 5A or 6A team on the schedule, considering their first ever season competing above the 1A class.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    85

    8/10 Moore (Scrimmage)
    8/16 Cooper (Scrimmage)
    8/23 Open
    8/30 Paintsville at Georgetown
    9/6 at Somerset
    9/13 Corbin
    9/20 Covington Catholic
    9/27 Cincinnati Taft
    10/4 at Dixie Heights
    10/11 Holy Cross at Holmes
    10/18 at Lloyd Memorial
    10/25 Newport
    11/1 Newport Catholic

  4. #4
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,220

    Quote Originally Posted by oracle93 View Post
    8/10 Moore (Scrimmage)
    8/16 Cooper (Scrimmage)
    8/23 Open
    8/30 Paintsville at Georgetown
    9/6 at Somerset
    9/13 Corbin
    9/20 Covington Catholic
    9/27 Cincinnati Taft
    10/4 at Dixie Heights
    10/11 Holy Cross at Holmes
    10/18 at Lloyd Memorial
    10/25 Newport
    11/1 Newport Catholic
    Thanks @oracle93! I'll edit that into the original post.

    Are both of those scrimmages going to be at Beechwood, I'm assuming?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    85

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    Thanks @oracle93! I'll edit that into the original post.



    Are both of those scrimmages going to be at Beechwood, I'm assuming?
    Yes, both scrimmages are at home.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    85

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonels_Wear_Blue View Post
    8/10 vs. Moore (Scrimmage)
    8/16 vs. Cooper (Scrimmage)
    8/30 vs. Paintsville (at Georgetown College)
    9/6 at Somerset
    9/13 vs. Corbin
    9/20 vs. Covington Catholic
    9/27 vs. Taft (OH)
    10/4 at Dixie Heights
    10/11 vs. Covington Holy Cross (at Holmes) (District Game)
    10/18 at Lloyd Memorial (District Game)
    10/25 vs. Newport (District Game)
    11/1 vs. Newport Central Catholic
    The New Cath game is at Beechwood.
    Last edited by theguru; Mar 5, 19 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Rule 13

  7. #7
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,781

    Considering all the starting talent graduating, including the entire line on both sides of the ball, that is a pretty ambitious schedule.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    57

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Considering all the starting talent graduating, including the entire line on both sides of the ball, that is a pretty ambitious schedule.
    They'll be prepared for the playoffs. Could be 3-3, 2-4 or even 1-5 heading into district play, but they'll be ready for the playoffs!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 12
    Posts
    275

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Considering all the starting talent graduating, including the entire line on both sides of the ball, that is a pretty ambitious schedule.
    Very ambitious. Maybe Coach Rash knows something we don't.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    85

    These schedules are almost always 2 year deals. Beechwood has a very good class of sophomores to be, and the returning 1st team All N.K.F.C.A. QB that will be a junior. They may take a few lumps early in the year, but it will make them prepared for the playoffs. Also, if Beechwood loads up on cupcakes this year, then those same cupcakes will be there in 2 years when Beechwood has a chance to be very good, then everyone would be complaining that Beechwood should be playing a tougher schedule. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Last edited by oracle93; Mar 8, 19 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Spelling

  11. #11
    EyeOfTheTiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 12
    Posts
    1,207

    Quote Originally Posted by oracle93 View Post
    These schedules are almost always 2 year deals. Beechwood has a very good class of sophomores to be, and the returning 1st team All N.K.F.C.A. QB that will be a junior. They may take a few lumps early in the year, but it will make them prepared for the playoffs. Also, if Beechwood loads up on cupcakes this year, then those same cupcakes will be there in 2 years when Beechwood has a chance to be very good, then everyone would be complaining that Beechwood should be playing a tougher schedule. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    That is not quite accurate. This year's schedule will not be the same schedule the sophomores to be will face their senior year. This schedule will be for their sophomore and junior seasons.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    85

    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfTheTiger View Post
    That is not quite accurate. This year's schedule will not be the same schedule the sophomores to be will face their senior year. This schedule will be for their sophomore and junior seasons.
    Correct, I said in 2 years. This years schedule is 1 year, and in 2 years the same schedule will exist. Hergott will be a senior and the freshman will be juniors.

Top