Ballard 19 Highlands 14 (Scrimmage)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    458

    Ballard 19 Highlands 14 (Scrimmage)

    How do you think each team will do during the scrimmage?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    628

    Ballard by a touchdown.

  3. #3
    stinkyboy II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    2,209

    No score or win/loss prediction about a scrimmage coming from me, but

    I will predict that HHS will get a lot more out of this scrimmage than they have gotten from scrimmaging Cincy St X the last few years.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    530

    When/ where/ what time?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    458

    Quote Originally Posted by NLTanker1 View Post
    When/ where/ what time?
    @ Ballard Friday night.

  6. #6
    Oscarmeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    164

    @ Ballard Thursday night.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    458

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscarmeyer View Post
    @ Ballard Thursday night.
    Why are they playing Thursday night?

  8. #8
    Oscarmeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegefootballGuy69 View Post
    Why are they playing Thursday night?
    No idea.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Posts
    18

    Ballards E. Downing will have a big day if the secondary situation looks the way it did against Anderson. Also Ballards linebacker Casey is a great run stopper. My opinion though Kramer has a great day for Highlands , we will see Huddleston and Alfield carrying the "O". I think those sophomores could help that secondary.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    251

    I Look for highlands to do a lot of different personnel packages.. there is a ton of talent on this team and many can play in different spots. They need to use this time to see what pieces fit best in live action.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    307

    It will be nice to see how the O and D lines do against 6A competition. I think Grady will be sharper now that he has been back for a few weeks. It will be nice to see the 2 headed monster of Schwalbach and Huddy in action at RB. Add in Ahlfeld and Roberts on the outside with the FREAK(Sisson) at tight end and this team has the ability to put up a lot of points.

    It's been a few years since Highlands has had 3 kids with "HR" capabilities in Huddy, Ahlfeld and Coop that can all score at any given time. It's also been a while since they've had a legit 6'4+ big bodied TE that can catch. I'm looking forward to seeing the boys progress over the next few weeks/months.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    87

    Quote Originally Posted by BCHS-BLUEBIRD View Post
    It will be nice to see how the O and D lines do against 6A competition. I think Grady will be sharper now that he has been back for a few weeks. It will be nice to see the 2 headed monster of Schwalbach and Huddy in action at RB. Add in Ahlfeld and Roberts on the outside with the FREAK(Sisson) at tight end and this team has the ability to put up a lot of points.

    It's been a few years since Highlands has had 3 kids with "HR" capabilities in Huddy, Ahlfeld and Coop that can all score at any given time. It's also been a while since they've had a legit 6'4+ big bodied TE that can catch. I'm looking forward to seeing the boys progress over the next few weeks/months.
    Totally agree. Don’t be surprised to see a lot of sophomore Sam Vinson, he’s a special athlete that just makes plays. You also have some possession like guys like Weyer and Deshler... when I saw possession it’s definitely not an insult; those dudes get it done in all phases, and will make HHS have crazy potential on offense.

    I was able to make it to a practice late last week and saw Jason Noe was back at QB. Don’t be surprised if he’s your guy at HHS after Cramer (don’t want to offend OscarMeyer By spelling it wrong.. eye roll)

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    307

    Quote Originally Posted by Collar7 View Post
    Totally agree. Don’t be surprised to see a lot of sophomore Sam Vinson, he’s a special athlete that just makes plays. You also have some possession like guys like Weyer and Deshler... when I saw possession it’s definitely not an insult; those dudes get it done in all phases, and will make HHS have crazy potential on offense.

    I was able to make it to a practice late last week and saw Jason Noe was back at QB. Don’t be surprised if he’s your guy at HHS after Cramer (don’t want to offend OscarMeyer By spelling it wrong.. eye roll)
    I'm going to try to get down there early so I can see some of the JV kids play too. Do you know what time they are going to play? I heard 6ish? Are they spliting the field with Frosh too? Do we know how long they are supposed to play?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    5,874

    I was told that the scrimmage starts at 6:00 PM on Thursday and the first session will be the frosh and JV kids going half field. The varsity squads will then scrimmage after that. Total time allowed for a scrimmage I believe is 3 hours. Also being told that if it rains on Thursday in Louisville, the game may be moved to Fort Thomas and played on Friday evening at 6:00 PM. This is because Ballard has a grass field and obviously does not want to tear it up for scrimmage games.

  15. #15
    StrongSide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Birds Nest
    Posts
    1,594

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    I was told that the scrimmage starts at 6:00 PM on Thursday and the first session will be the frosh and JV kids going half field. The varsity squads will then scrimmage after that. Total time allowed for a scrimmage I believe is 3 hours. Also being told that if it rains on Thursday in Louisville, the game may be moved to Fort Thomas and played on Friday evening at 6:00 PM. This is because Ballard has a grass field and obviously does not want to tear it up for scrimmage games.
    Hopefully this is the case, I would like to make it to the scrimmage.

Top