Apollo 31 Owensboro Catholic 24

  1. #1
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    45,660

    Apollo 31 Owensboro Catholic 24

    Final
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    40,364

    Like both of these fine teams.
    Have to feel good for the Apollo team.

  3. #3
    Watusi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 01
    Location
    I'm on top of the world.
    Posts
    37,466

    That is a big win for Apollo, who is 4-1 now. Congrats to the Eagles.

    With Graves, Christian Co and Owensboro next up, the Eagles have a chance to make a run at the 5A rankings. A win vs. any of those three would be a strong statement.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    335

    Quote Originally Posted by Watusi View Post
    That is a big win for Apollo, who is 4-1 now. Congrats to the Eagles.

    With Graves, Christian Co and Owensboro next up, the Eagles have a chance to make a run at the 5A rankings. A win vs. any of those three would be a strong statement.
    A good win IMO, not a big win. I think OCath is down and looking forward to dropping down to their own class and some district play. I'm not sold that they are the Aces of old. But they are definitely the #4 team in Owensboro right now.

    I do agree that Apollo has a chance to make the strong statement with win(s) in the next few games. They are off to a good start and have been playing well going into the meat of their schedule.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 04
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    1,318

    Quote Originally Posted by Figs View Post
    A good win IMO, not a big win. I think OCath is down and looking forward to dropping down to their own class and some district play. I'm not sold that they are the Aces of old. But they are definitely the #4 team in Owensboro right now.

    I do agree that Apollo has a chance to make the strong statement with win(s) in the next few games. They are off to a good start and have been playing well going into the meat of their schedule.
    Catholic beat DC who Beat OHS who beat Catholic who loss to Apollo. I can't figure this out, but I don't think their is a clear #1 or #4 in the city.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    335

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo4343 View Post
    Catholic beat DC who Beat OHS who beat Catholic who loss to Apollo. I can't figure this out, but I don't think their is a clear #1 or #4 in the city.
    Yea, if it comes down to it, the Aces opening game win over Daviess could settle that up. But the way it's looking right now, each team is headed in different directions. OCath is struggling, and I see Daviess building off last night's win.

    What is Warren's status? Did he play last night? It may be elsewhere on here, but I'm too lazy to look for it this morning....

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    56

    I didn't make apollo game. Went to see the devils play D.C. That was a great game. Figs, according to the paper Warren has left the oc football team. Coach said that he didn't want to play anymore. Strange story and kinda sad. Gotta be more to this story. Hope kid decides to play, I saw some games last year and the D.C. Game this year and thought he was very good. Thought he and Blare were willing oc to win that game. I'm trying to find out more info
    Oc will be fine now, their district is probably as bad as it's ever been so I'd expect them to romp next few games. Apollo can really block and tackle, got some Qb issues, but their line plays with a purpose. They will win a few more gam s this year.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    605

    Would love to see Owensboro Catholic come to Louisville an establish a home and home series with Louisville DeSales.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    335

    Thanks for the update, rosco.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    174

    OC is definitely looking for an identity right now.... Their defense shows flashes of being good then look lost. Offensively the new QB made some good throws but then missed on some others and upfront on the o line they look confused. The good thing for them is they should coast through their district and traditionally they are always playing good ball heading in to the playoffs. I think Edge has some more work to do than normal... Also, aside from Warren they were missing Kolbe Hamilton who is big play WR. Even though Apollo deserved to win, if that game is 4 minutes longer, OC wins it. Good luck to both Apollo and OC going forward.

  11. #11
    rookie57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Mayfield
    Posts
    1,929

    I am really surprised at OC this year, I thought they would be way better than what they are.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 16
    Posts
    40

    I was at the game Friday and Apollo kicked OC in the mouth early. Peyton Peters has completely solidified his spot as a 1st Team All State receiver. If the Louisville, Lex, and Northern Kentucky sports writers watch this kid play 1 game, it would be hard pressed to find a better route runner and sure handed player as this one. He's a High School version of Wes Welker.

  13. #13
    Purple88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 13
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    5,167

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle3 View Post
    I was at the game Friday and Apollo kicked OC in the mouth early. Peyton Peters has completely solidified his spot as a 1st Team All State receiver. If the Louisville, Lex, and Northern Kentucky sports writers watch this kid play 1 game, it would be hard pressed to find a better route runner and sure handed player as this one. He's a High School version of Wes Welker.
    Great info Eagle! I will be paying attention to the Eagles now for sure.

    How do you see the game with Graves County going?

Top