All District Team 4A Region 4 Districts 7 & 8

  1. #1
    MountainThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    A proud Grandpa!!!
    Posts
    12,406

    All District Team 4A Region 4 Districts 7 & 8

    I know that in District 8:
    Ronnie Letcher - Madison Central - Player of the Year
    Kenny Turner - Madison Central - Coach of the Year
    But I don't know any of the other players on the team

    Who are the players who made the all district teams for these 2 districts. Who won the COY and POY for district 7?

    Any help would be great!
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    137

    Quote Originally Posted by MountainThunder
    I know that in District 8:
    Ronnie Letcher - Madison Central - Player of the Year
    Kenny Turner - Madison Central - Coach of the Year
    But I don't know any of the other players on the team

    Who are the players who made the all district teams for these 2 districts. Who won the COY and POY for district 7?

    Any help would be great!
    Coaches have voted in District 8 yet on All-District teams

  3. #3
    MountainThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    A proud Grandpa!!!
    Posts
    12,406

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugo
    Coaches have voted in District 8 yet on All-District teams
    So the COY and POY aren't correct? My mistake, I read that Turner and Letcher won those awards. In my opinion, had he not been injured much of the year, Marcum from South Laurel would have been the POY in district 8.

    What about district 7? Have they voted yet? Looks like Rod Johnson could be the POY in that district. COY could be Simpson, but Woodford had a nice season as well.

  4. #4
    Blitzing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    What Bird?!?
    Posts
    104

    I have heard the same thing, Letcher won Player of the Year in District 8

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Posts
    137

    Quote Originally Posted by MountainThunder
    So the COY and POY aren't correct? My mistake, I read that Turner and Letcher won those awards. In my opinion, had he not been injured much of the year, Marcum from South Laurel would have been the POY in district 8.

    What about district 7? Have they voted yet? Looks like Rod Johnson could be the POY in that district. COY could be Simpson, but Woodford had a nice season as well.
    The KFCA member schools did vote for POY and COY to be announced at the state finals, but not until after the season do the coaches vote for all-district teams.

  6. #6
    MountainThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    A proud Grandpa!!!
    Posts
    12,406

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugo
    The KFCA member schools did vote for POY and COY to be announced at the state finals, but not until after the season do the coaches vote for all-district teams.
    When are the votes due in and when will the teams be announced?

  7. #7
    MountainThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    A proud Grandpa!!!
    Posts
    12,406

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugo
    The KFCA member schools did vote for POY and COY to be announced at the state finals, but not until after the season do the coaches vote for all-district teams.
    How does this work as far as how many per team. I think it depends on how you finish doesn't it? That would give South 6 players since they finished at #2.

    You seem to know these districts pretty well. Who are some of the players who make it in your opinion, from some of these teams. Here are a few names that come to mind (in order of their finish).

    Mad Central: Hope, Warford, Letcher, Mathis, Strunk, Rhodes
    South Laurel: Bowling, Marcum, Proffitt, Robinson, Schenkenfelter
    GRC: Hudson, Rogers, Skinner
    Whitley Co: Rider, Partin, Rowe
    Lincoln Co: Calhoun
    North Laurel: Asher, Brandenburg
    Montgomery Co: (their DB who had a ton of interceptions, but the name escapes me)

Top