6A Playoffs: #6 Scott County vs. #7 Simon Kenton

Page 2 of SK had another great night running the ball to beat Henry Clay. Scott County beat a very good Fredrick Douglass team by one point. This should be a gre... 87 comments | 6200 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who do you think wins this game?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scott County

    95 84.82%
  • Simon Kenton

    17 15.18%
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    355

    Quote Originally Posted by dadof2 View Post
    This is the type of game that your regular season schedule prepares you for. SKs weak schedule and refusal to play 6A powers in the regular season bites them again. SC is battle tested and will roll in this one.
    Only thing I will say to that, is there really 6a powers this year? 5a is better than 6 A this year.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    146

    The biggest 5A power barely beat a team who got destroyed by a so called 2nd tier 6A team. 6A is still the standard, come on now!

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 18
    Posts
    164

    Quote Originally Posted by Bwtigerpaw View Post
    Only thing I will say to that, is there really 6a powers this year? 5a is better than 6 A this year.
    Yes, there are plenty of powers to schedule (even this year). When was the last time SK scheduled St. X, Trinity, Male, Scott County, Fred Doug or any D1 or GCL team from Cincinnati? That is what the 6A powers do to prepare. That's why they'll never be ready for the "big game".

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    355

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet_Storm11 View Post
    The biggest 5A power barely beat a team who got destroyed by a so called 2nd tier 6A team. 6A is still the standard, come on now!

    Didn’t St. X lose to Desales this year? I think 6a is way down. SK lost to Beechwood as well.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,420

    I think that Scott County wins easily, which I hope I’m wrong about, I’d love to see Simion Kenton pull a major upset. Scott County is just too battle tested and they beat the number one ranked 6A team last night, whom I truly believe was number one with all that they did until last night.

  6. #21
    CollegefootballGuy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    1,819

    Quote Originally Posted by hrcarrier View Post
    I think that Scott County wins easily, which I hope I’m wrong about, I’d love to see Simion Kenton pull a major upset. Scott County is just too battle tested and they beat the number one ranked 6A team last night, whom I truly believe was number one with all that they did until last night.

    Battle tested getting beat by HC? Even with their qb they shouldn't lose to HC.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    10,420

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegefootballGuy69 View Post
    Battle tested getting beat by HC? Even with their qb they shouldn't lose to HC.
    And beating Moeller. They lost to Lasalle and FD along with Henry Clay. Even in losing those games, they played two GCL teams which isn’t done by hardly anyone in the state. Their schedule is far stronger than what Simon Kenton played.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    146

    There is no true outlier in the state this year. But overall collection of teams, the top of 6A is still the standard

  9. #24
    CollegefootballGuy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    1,819

    Quote Originally Posted by hrcarrier View Post
    And beating Moeller. They lost to Lasalle and FD along with Henry Clay. Even in losing those games, they played two GCL teams which isn’t done by hardly anyone in the state. Their schedule is far stronger than what Simon Kenton played.
    Will find out Friday.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,345

    Quote Originally Posted by dadof2 View Post
    This is the type of game that your regular season schedule prepares you for. SKs weak schedule and refusal to play 6A powers in the regular season bites them again. SC is battle tested and will roll in this one.
    While schedule is important, that drum gets beaten too hard on these boards. Remember, Scott County won the 6a title in 2013 while playing only one team during the regular season with a winning record.

    For most High School teams, their schedule isnít why they win or donít win games. Mostly it comes down to who has the best players. With how 6a has played out this, it wouldnít surprise me if SK keeps this one close, or even wins. It also wouldnít surprise me if itís a blowout.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    8,345

    Quote Originally Posted by dadof2 View Post
    Yes, there are plenty of powers to schedule (even this year). When was the last time SK scheduled St. X, Trinity, Male, Scott County, Fred Doug or any D1 or GCL team from Cincinnati? That is what the 6A powers do to prepare. That's why they'll never be ready for the "big game".
    Again, check out Scott County’s 2013 schedule, and tell me which regular season game got them over the hump to win the title. Was it the 5 win Henry Clay team? Or was it because they had the best players and a very good coach?

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    81

    I don’t recall seeing the big OT (Hudson?) play in the 2nd half for SC against FD. Is he hurt?

  13. #28
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    8,848

    Scott Co by 21.

  14. #29
    Big Things Kentucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 18
    Posts
    56

    Quote Originally Posted by CollegefootballGuy69 View Post
    Wow everyone saying SK will get blown out. I don't think so. Also SK and Scott County did play a JV game against each other SC won on the final play. SK's front seven should do fine against SC. SK's Oline is playing great and doing whatever they want running the ball. SC losing to HC tells me SK should have no problem. Pioneer Nation will be loud and proud next Friday!
    Big Things Kentucky Lexington area preview 11-8 Round 2
    Coach Mckee talks about his teams loss to Henry clay in our show last week. We feel like by NKY standers this SK team is not as strong.

  15. #30
    CollegefootballGuy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 18
    Posts
    1,819

    Quote Originally Posted by hrcarrier View Post
    And beating Moeller. They lost to Lasalle and FD along with Henry Clay. Even in losing those games, they played two GCL teams which isn’t done by hardly anyone in the state. Their schedule is far stronger than what Simon Kenton played.
    Moeller wasn't very good this year they got destroyed in the playoffs.

Top