6A NKY State Hopes

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    2,750

    6A NKY State Hopes

    Simon Kenton seems to be the last remaining hope to bring state to North Kentucky this year. Campbell County is also still standing but must travel to Trinity this week. Would NKY have fared any better on the other side of the bracket or is the talent gap just too great this year?
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    HSfootballfan18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    710

    Is this real? LOL

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    2,750

    Conversation starter

  4. #4
    HSfootballfan18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    710

    I guess so. If Trinity travels to SK (If both win this week) I will def be there to see Trinity play! I wanna see that WR for T!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    11

    If Trinity and SK both win this week. SK will have to travel to Louisville to face Trinity.

  6. #6
    HSfootballfan18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 15
    Posts
    710

    Quote Originally Posted by PioneerProud96 View Post
    If Trinity and SK both win this week. SK will have to travel to Louisville to face Trinity.
    BOOOOOOOO lol Great facility down there though!

  7. #7
    Content1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Me and my horsey and a quart o' beer
    Posts
    5,897

    Quote Originally Posted by HSfootballfan18 View Post
    Is this real? LOL
    I concur...

  8. #8
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,144

    Quote Originally Posted by HSfootballfan18 View Post
    Is this real? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Content1 View Post
    I concur...
    If you guys don't want to talk about it, don't talk about it.

  9. #9
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,144

    Quote Originally Posted by THS2011 View Post
    Simon Kenton seems to be the last remaining hope to bring state to North Kentucky this year. Campbell County is also still standing but must travel to Trinity this week. Would NKY have fared any better on the other side of the bracket or is the talent gap just too great this year?
    It is a bad year for NKY 6A Football.

    Didn't Simon Kenton petition the state a couple years ago to try to get the easy draw away from Trinity?

    https://khsaa.org/httpdocs/football/...%20Request.pdf

  10. #10
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    133,144

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Runcible Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 17
    Location
    Above ground? Excellent!
    Posts
    603

    The proposal (#10), looks remarkably similar to the request (#9).

    Thanks for posting the enrollment grouping Guru. I've been curious as to the blurring of the lines on the play up/down in the classes. It's so much easier to follow than this spreadsheet, though the numbers here look more recent -

    http://khsaa.org/reports/enrollments...lsbyenroll.pdf

  13. #13
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    8,417

    I will comment in this thread after SK wins Friday night.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    8,536

    The Louisville schools used to all be in one region and played the state at large champ in the championship game, right? Seems like we should go back to that. Of course that would likely mean a Scott County vs. Trinity/St. X/Male championship game every year...

  15. #15
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    28,062

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    It is a bad year for NKY 6A Football.

    Didn't Simon Kenton petition the state a couple years ago to try to get the easy draw away from Trinity?

    https://khsaa.org/httpdocs/football/...%20Request.pdf
    I think the entire state is down in 6A this year outside the top 4 - Trinity, St. X, Male, Scott County. People can knock N. Ky. 6A if they want, but Ryle and Simon Kenton are right there at the top of 6A outside the 4. Campbell County is competitive in that 5-15 grouping. Ballard was ranked in the 6A top 10 almost the entire season and struggled to beat Boone Co. The 6A schools lost a lot of games to schools in lower size classes. I think 6A as a whole was down this year.

Top