6A #1 Male vs. 6A #3 Saint Xavier

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Male

    58 87.88%
  • Saint Xavier

    8 12.12%
  1. #1
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    2,793

    6A #1 Male vs. 6A #3 Saint Xavier

    6A #1 Male (8-0) hosts 6A #3 Saint Xavier (5-2) after defeating 6A Bryan Station 57-28. Saint Xavier is coming off a 25-7 defeat of 6A #8 Manual. Last year Saint Xavier defeated Male 27-0. Who wins?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    2,142

    Very tough game for the Tigers, especially if they’re out with starting QB. X defense will have to continue to play up to their high level and will probably even have to produce a score for X to pull off the upset.

  3. #3
    charlesw88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Junction City, KY
    Posts
    3,038

    Male by a couple of TD's. Their defense will be the difference.

  4. #4
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    2,793

    I think this will be low scoring game. Both team’s defenses are playing at high level. Both teams beat Trinity by 14. I think Male’s offense has more home run potential, so I’m thinking Male wins 14-7.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    2,142

    I agree about low scoring game. X’s defense has been outstanding this year; the X offense can’t give Male points/ short field position. There have been a lot of turnovers for the Tiger offense this year; very uncharacteristic. It’ll be interesting to see what the X offensive staff comes up with to help their backup QB move the ball effectively if he ends up starting the game.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,180

    Male has a very good, tough QB.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Posts
    1,025

    Winner gets 4 home games for playoffs including Trinity. Loser travels to North Hardin in round 2 and gets rematch at winner in round 3.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    2,142

    What will St. X have to do to pull off the upset? Can they do it if Sullivan is out?

  9. #9
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    2,793

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeReader View Post
    What will St. X have to do to pull off the upset? Can they do it if Sullivan is out?
    Not turn the ball over would be a start.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,021

    St X for the win. I predict this to be the biggest upset of the year.

    May be a long shot but this is my hope.

    Must play lights out Defense, no turnovers, win special teams - those three things must happen

    Good luck, X!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    10,180

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Nation View Post
    St X for the win. I predict this to be the biggest upset of the year.

    May be a long shot but this is my hop

    Must play lights out Defense, no turnovers, win special teams - those three things must happen

    Good luck, X!
    An X win would be a strong affirmation of the hire of Coach Wallace and would really energize the X faithful.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 13
    Posts
    1,021

    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    An X win would be a strong affirmation of the hire of Coach Wallace and would really energize the X faithful.
    No one will argue that X got off to a tough start but any X fan would have to agree that week 1 with a new offensive set, new coach and a injured starting QB was a tough hill to climb.

    Week 2, X faces a very inspired group of young men with arguably the best player in the entire bluegrass in Vito Tisdale

    Don’t get me wrong, X could easily get blown out Friday night but I think everyone would agree that they are improving. I’m not too keen on the ins and outs of the private schools recruiting rules but trust me, if Wallace can get 3 or 4 true speedsters, there will be no one questioning if X made a good hire.

    Happy for you guys. Go X!

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 12
    Location
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Posts
    2,142

    Turnovers have really hurt this offense. I’m not sure if it’s just bad luck or a technique concern, but if they have 5 turnovers on Friday it won’t turn out very well. Running game has had moments of looking good, but inconsistent most games. Just watching some clips there are times where there seems to be some assignment issues upfront, but if they can run the ball effectively and give their defense time on the sideline they have a shot.

    Also, is this X’s first game on grass?

  14. #14
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    2,793

    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeReader View Post
    Turnovers have really hurt this offense. I’m not sure if it’s just bad luck or a technique concern, but if they have 5 turnovers on Friday it won’t turn out very well. Running game has had moments of looking good, but inconsistent most games. Just watching some clips there are times where there seems to be some assignment issues upfront, but if they can run the ball effectively and give their defense time on the sideline they have a shot.

    Also, is this X’s first game on grass?
    Coach Wallace has already brought up having proper cleats since this game is on grass. It is first game on grass.

  15. #15
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    2,793

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Nation View Post
    St X for the win. I predict this to be the biggest upset of the year.

    May be a long shot but this is my hope.

    Must play lights out Defense, no turnovers, win special teams - those three things must happen

    Good luck, X!

    St.X has won 3 straight, so Male will probably be very fired up, plus have been District rivals for years. I think it would only be a slight upset if St.X wins.

Top