5A # 9 Highlands vs. 6A #9 Ryle

View Poll Results: Who wins Highlands or Ryle

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Highlands

    24 24.00%
  • Ryle

    76 76.00%
  1. #1
    Pete W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 02
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,892

    5A # 9 Highlands vs. 6A #9 Ryle

    Highlands hot start for 2017 hit a large speed bump in a 20-71 loss to 6A Scott County. The Bluebirds now try to get their momentum back hosting the 2-1 Ryle Raiders. Ryle was thumped by Covington Catholic 17-49, then got two wins against 0-3 Henry Clay and 0-2 Boone County. The verdict is still out on both teams as they have won the games they should and lost the games they were expected to. This game should answer questions for both sides.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,466

    Birds have a chance at "quieting the critics", but a bad game could add more fuel to the (critics) fire.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    9,772

    Looking forward to this game.

    How are the Birds on the injury front? Still missing key players on defense?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,220

    This game will not prove or show anything. Based on yesterday's jv roster I would expect 2 sophomores to be in the backfield unless someone is moved this week. Linebacker corp is really banged up and will certainly be needed for this game as ryle is going to run run run and run somemore

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    The Compound
    Posts
    18,414

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy13 View Post
    Birds have a chance at "quieting the critics", but a bad game could add more fuel to the (critics) fire.
    That's a keen observation. How do you do it?!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    616

    After seeing both teams play, this should be a great game. I give a slight edge to Ryle in this one, but if the Birds are successful in the air at all, they can win this one

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    474

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    This game will not prove or show anything. Based on yesterday's jv roster I would expect 2 sophomores to be in the backfield unless someone is moved this week. Linebacker corp is really banged up and will certainly be needed for this game as ryle is going to run run run and run somemore
    We all know what excuses are like right? Ryle starts several sophomores as well and has some key players injuried

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,466

    Quote Originally Posted by lawildcat View Post
    That's a keen observation. How do you do it?!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    8,027

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYFBALLFAN View Post
    We all know what excuses are like right? Ryle starts several sophomores as well and has some key players injuried
    Didn't someone ask about the injuries to the Birds? They have many injuries and are really banged up at key positions. That's the answer to the question. How would you want him to answer?

    The good thing is these kids are going to get baptized now and may be able to contribute when it means something. The more depth you have in the playoffs the better you'll be.

    There aren't many programs that could survive what they are going through right now. It's part of the game and you just do your best to stay competitive until you get your guys back. This happens from time to time and it makes you better in the long run but can result in a couple tough weeks when you play good competition.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Posts
    8,027

    Quote Originally Posted by oldoc View Post
    After seeing both teams play, this should be a great game. I give a slight edge to Ryle in this one, but if the Birds are successful in the air at all, they can win this one
    This is where they still have a shot. Even though there is at least one receiver down this week, it's the least injured of all the attacks. If they can get at least a threat from the running game, the passing game could be their savior. With the defense banged up, I think they'll have to outscore Ryle to win. Cause I'm not sure they will slow down Chisholm and England this week.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    474

    Quote Originally Posted by RCC9 View Post
    Didn't someone ask about the injuries to the Birds? They have many injuries and are really banged up at key positions. That's the answer to the question. How would you want him to answer?

    The good thing is these kids are going to get baptized now and may be able to contribute when it means something. The more depth you have in the playoffs the better you'll be.

    There aren't many programs that could survive what they are going through right now. It's part of the game and you just do your best to stay competitive until you get your guys back. This happens from time to time and it makes you better in the long run but can result in a couple tough weeks when you play good competition.
    I apologize I did not see that was a response to a question. I agree with everything you said. Looking forward to a great game Friday.

  12. #12
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    "Weakness is strong, we must be stronger."
    Posts
    22,668

    The question is, is a reconstructed Ryle team better than Highlands?

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    474

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    The question is, is a reconstructed Ryle team better than Highlands?
    Yes.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,220

    Quote Originally Posted by NKYFBALLFAN View Post
    We all know what excuses are like right? Ryle starts several sophomores as well and has some key players injuried
    It gets old man!!!!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Location
    Union, Ky. Up on top the pressbox @ Ryle football games.
    Posts
    5,323

    Quote Originally Posted by RCC9 View Post
    This is where they still have a shot. Even though there is at least one receiver down this week, it's the least injured of all the attacks. If they can get at least a threat from the running game, the passing game could be their savior. With the defense banged up, I think they'll have to outscore Ryle to win. Cause I'm not sure they will slow down Chisholm and England this week.
    You have to load the box to have a chance at stopping those two. It will hurt you though as we are going to pass, and quite often. Loading the box will leave a one on one somewhere. 3rd week under the new scheme and we will just keep getting better. Secondary has cleaned up their play. ( though admit-tingly we have not played a pass happy team ) I believe our D-line gets a good push and pass rush and harasses the Qb all night. Chisholm is faster and quicker than anyone on the field and get's over 200. I realistically see a 21 point difference. We win the trench war. Ryle wins.

Top