5A #1 Covington Catholic vs 5A #6 Highlands

Page 8 of Here we go. Who wins this one? Will Highlands strike back with an upset victory and reignite this rivalry or will CovCath take a 3 win streak? Advertis... 128 comments | 13202 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Highlands

    21 15.11%
  • Covington Catholic

    118 84.89%
  1. #106

    Join Date
    Sep 18
    Posts
    104

    Most recent stats directly off the KHSAA Statewide Leaderboard.

    Team Scoring:
    Cov Cath #1
    Highlands #11

    Team Defense
    Highlands #6
    Cov Cath #7

    Rushing Leaders
    #2 McGinness CCH
    #18 Schwalbach HHS

    Passing Leaders
    #4 Jacob CCH
    #8 Cramer HHS

    Receiving Leaders
    #4 Coldiron CCH
    #7 Mayer CCH
    #8 Roberts HHS
    #10 Ahfeld HHS
    Advertisement
    Last edited by dadof2; Oct 11, 18 at 08:32 AM. Reason: typo

  2. #107

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Posts
    1,030

    Yes, they are selling presale tickets at Covington Catholic. I just bought 6.
    Last edited by punttheball; Oct 11, 18 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Spelling

  3. #108

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Posts
    1,030

    CCH has presale tickets for sale in the school office.

  4. #109
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    535

    Highlands defense has been a turnover machine lately. Cov Cath is by far the best offense that they will face. How many turnovers do you think the Birds will get against the Colonels?

  5. #110

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    508

    Sorry if this has been asked but is this game being broadcast?

  6. #111
    BigTuna6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Scranton, PA
    Posts
    466

    CovCath wins 42-14.

  7. #112
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    535

    Quote Originally Posted by FootballBobcat View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked but is this game being broadcast?
    You never know if it will be audio, video, or audio and video but check out Highlands Broadcasting on YouTube. Cov Cath usually has a audio broadcast on the school website.

  8. #113

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    508

    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    You never know if it will be audio, video, or audio and video but check out Highlands Broadcasting on YouTube. Cov Cath usually has a audio broadcast on the school website.
    Thanks

  9. #114

    Join Date
    Sep 18
    Posts
    104

    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    Highlands defense has been a turnover machine lately. Cov Cath is by far the best offense that they will face. How many turnovers do you think the Birds will get against the Colonels?
    I believe the Birds have 23 for the year.

  10. #115

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,186

    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    Highlands defense has been a turnover machine lately. Cov Cath is by far the best offense that they will face. How many turnovers do you think the Birds will get against the Colonels?
    You can never predict that. Another offensive weapon for Highlands has been the kick return game.

  11. #116
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    535

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    You can never predict that. Another offensive weapon for Highlands has been the kick return game.
    I know what you mean, but you can predict anything no matter how random. I predict the Birds get 3 turnovers and one is for a score.

  12. #117

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    NKy
    Posts
    3,186

    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    I know what you mean, but you can predict anything no matter how random. I predict the Birds get 3 turnovers and one is for a score.
    It wouldn’t surprise me. A Sophomore QB with his first start at Highlands can mentally get into someone’s head who grew up watching this matchup. So far any shortcomings he has had passing have been negated by Coldiron and Mayer catching everything that comes their way. The kid is calm and has moxie.
    In all seriousness, I do think about the Highlands KR team. They have scored several TD’s this year. They need many things like that tomorrow.

  13. #118
    El Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Location
    The Fort
    Posts
    535

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesport View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me. A Sophomore QB with his first start at Highlands can mentally get into someone’s head who grew up watching this matchup. So far any shortcomings he has had passing have been negated by Coldiron and Mayer catching everything that comes their way. The kid is calm and has moxie.
    In all seriousness, I do think about the Highlands KR team. They have scored several TD’s this year. They need many things like that tomorrow.
    For a sophomore QB he has really impressed me. I thought QB would be a glaring weakness for the Colonels this year and the kid has delivered big time. But like you say, he has a the best O Line around and three weapons that are ridiculous. I would be really impressed if he went into Highlands and didn't make a mistake or two. I'm guessing Highlands is going to focus pretty hard on the Colonels' run game so he'll have his opportunities.

    This is a really tough match up for the Birds. They have been playing tough but the Colonels are a winning machine. I would say if these two teams played 20 times Highlands would win maybe 1/20. That's how flawless they have to play tomorrow. Plus they need the Colonels to play the worst game of their season. It would be the biggest upset in this rivalry's history.

  14. #119

    Join Date
    Sep 18
    Posts
    104

    Quote Originally Posted by dadof2 View Post
    I believe the Birds have 23 for the year.
    Actually HHS has forced 22 turnovers this year. Currently giving up just over 12 pts per game.

  15. #120

    Join Date
    Oct 14
    Posts
    400

    Looked like perfect weather for football but now looking like rain at game time? Will it impact the game?

Top