5A #1 Covington Catholic at Kings (OH)

Page 2 of CovCath takes the 45 minute bus ride up I-71 to play the King's Knights in an interstate battle. Kickoff is scheduled for 7pm Friday at King's Stadium.... 59 comments | 4938 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Covington Catholic

    71 91.03%
  • Kings (OH)

    7 8.97%
  1. #16
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,719

    Nice scheduling by CCH. Get a tough opponent that you should beat. For further perspective on this one, Kings is about the same as Ryle and Lexington Catholic. In fact, Kings would be a slight underdog versus both those teams that CCH has already hammered.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,988

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Nice scheduling by CCH. Get a tough opponent that you should beat. For further perspective on this one, Kings is about the same as Ryle and Lexington Catholic. In fact, Kings would be a slight underdog versus both those teams that CCH has already hammered.
    Kings is better than both.

  3. #18
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,988

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    His 105 yard TD from his own end zone last week on 3rd and long down a score in the 4th was special.
    Any offers?

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    8,358

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Nice scheduling by CCH. Get a tough opponent that you should beat. For further perspective on this one, Kings is about the same as Ryle and Lexington Catholic. In fact, Kings would be a slight underdog versus both those teams that CCH has already hammered.
    How do you figure?

    CalPreps has King's ranked better than both these teams.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    8,358

    Highlights of Williams from King's season opener against Lebanon.

    Nak'emon Williams's highlights Lebanon High School

  6. #21
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Regardless of color, all soldiers who fall come back wearing red, white, and blue.
    Posts
    20,102

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Any offers?
    Interest, he still hasn't had 5 career starts yet.

  7. #22
    Director of Football Operations
    Ram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Location
    Raceland
    Posts
    42,827

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    How do you figure?

    CalPreps has King's ranked better than both these teams.
    I'm always told, "CalPreps is better toward the end of the season". Of course, we all are better at predicting games near the end of the season, but that's what "they" say.

  8. #23
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,768

    @newarkcatholicfan how do you think this game will go?
    @CardinalsFan @frankdracman23

    Remember everyone, this game matters for Kings because they will get a lot of Harbin points if they win and generally speaking Ohio teams won't schedule out of state teams unless they think they will beat them because of the playoff implications. However, my gut feeling is Kings probably underestimated CCH a little when they signed the contract.

    Anyone?

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 01
    Location
    Looking California, and feeling Minnesota...
    Posts
    8,358

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    @newarkcatholicfan how do you think this game will go?
    @CardinalsFan @frankdracman23

    Remember everyone, this game matters for Kings because they will get a lot of Harbin points if they win and generally speaking Ohio teams won't schedule out of state teams unless they think they will beat them because of the playoff implications. However, my gut feeling is Kings probably underestimated CCH a little when they signed the contract.

    Anyone?
    I think both teams had the same open week on the schedule and this is a marriage of convenience.

  10. #25
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,768

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    I think both teams had the same open week on the schedule and this is a marriage of convenience.
    In part yes, in part no, but that is for another thread I suppose.

  11. #26
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Regardless of color, all soldiers who fall come back wearing red, white, and blue.
    Posts
    20,102

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    @newarkcatholicfan how do you think this game will go?
    @CardinalsFan @frankdracman23

    Remember everyone, this game matters for Kings because they will get a lot of Harbin points if they win and generally speaking Ohio teams won't schedule out of state teams unless they think they will beat them because of the playoff implications. However, my gut feeling is Kings probably underestimated CCH a little when they signed the contract.

    Anyone?
    Kings has produced multiple D1 guys recently.

  12. #27
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    131,768

    Quote Originally Posted by John Anthony View Post
    Kings has produced multiple D1 guys recently.
    Kings plays really good football they are just overshadowed by the super programs in Cincinnati.

  13. #28
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    OLD AMERICA
    Posts
    38,877

    From the little I know about Kings this season, I have to think if Cov. Cath. is as good as advertised, they win this one.

    Kings is 1-1 this season.

  14. #29
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Regardless of color, all soldiers who fall come back wearing red, white, and blue.
    Posts
    20,102

    Gonna be a packed house, get there early Colonel nation.

  15. #30
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    27,719

    Quote Originally Posted by colonel-fan View Post
    How do you figure?

    CalPreps has King's ranked better than both these teams.
    Since you used calpreps.com, let's look at how Kings matches up on calpreps.com:

    Kings 35 Ryle 31

    Lexington Catholic 31 Kings 28

    Cov Cath 44 Kings 14

    Just because Kings has "OH" behind their name doesn't mean they are all that. Like I said above, Kings is about like Ryle and Lex Cath. This should be an easy one for CCH.

Top