4 Ashland Tomcats Named All-State!

  1. #1
    AshlandTomcat41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Mr. Consistent
    Posts
    3,973

    4 Ashland Tomcats Named All-State!

    I would like to congratulate Ian Holbrook, Drew McDavid, Fields Davis, and Angel Gurule for being named 2nd and 3rd team All-State! Way to go guy Im very proud of you!
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Pebble Beach Golf Club
    Posts
    1,333

    Wow! I was hoping Holbrook would make it but I wasn't really expecting it due to the media coverage in this part of the state. Ian was second team and Fidler was third team. McDavid and Davis were also second team and Gurule third team. Fantastic! Congratulations!

    Also Michael Horn and Drew Mell were second and third team, respectively. Kasey Clark was hororable mention, he will be all state next year.

  3. #3
    AshlandTomcat41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Mr. Consistent
    Posts
    3,973

    Quote Originally Posted by ACE
    Wow! I was hoping Holbrook would make it but I wasn't really expecting it due to the media coverage in this part of the state. Ian was second team and Fidler was third team. McDavid and Davis were also second team and Gurule third team. Fantastic! Congratulations!

    Also Michael Horn and Drew Mell were second and third team, respectively. Kasey Clark was hororable mention, he will be all state next year.
    I agree, it says a lot about Ian that he was chosen over Fidler, who's going to UK. I was also surprised that Clark didnt make atleast 3rd team.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Pebble Beach Golf Club
    Posts
    1,333

    Quote Originally Posted by AshlandTomcat41
    I agree, it says a lot about Ian that he was chosen over Fidler, who's going to UK. I was also surprised that Clark didnt make atleast 3rd team.
    Agreed also, I would put Clark only slightly behind Holbrook. He was deserving. Seems like they give the benefit of the doubt to seniors, which is probably all right. Clark should definitely be there next year.

  5. #5
    Kick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    On the south side
    Posts
    1,534

    Congrats to all of these players, it takes a lot of hard work during and out of the season to reach a goal like this.

  6. #6
    Goliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    "Luck is when hard work meets oppurtunity"
    Posts
    2,067

    Also congratulations to Ron Blume who made 1st team all state and Blake Johnson who made 3rd team defense, both from JC.
    Very stong showing of NE KY players in this poll. Congratulations!!!!

  7. #7
    Kick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    On the south side
    Posts
    1,534

    This end of the state finally gets some recognition for their players.

  8. #8
    Graybeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Ashland
    Posts
    1,882

    Wow, I am blown away by this list. Congratulations to all of the Ashland, players that were selected:

    Ian Holbrook 2nd Team QB (Ashland)
    Drew McDavid 2nd Team DB (Ashland)
    Fields Davis 2nd Team LB (Ashland)
    Angel Gurule 3rd Team Rec. (Ashland)

    I also want to congratulate the other NE KY players that were selected:

    Ron Blume 1st Team RB (Johnson Central)
    Michael Horm 2nd Team DB (Russell)
    Drew Mell 3rd Team OL (Russell)
    Blake Johnson 3rd Team LB (Johnson Central)

    Kasey Clark honorable mention (Russell)

    Im glad to see you honored for your hard work and dedication to this sport.

    Graybeard

  9. #9
    kantucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Posts
    417

    Holbrook did nothing but impress us Ironton fans when we played Ashland this year. Many of us thought he was the best QB in the area.

  10. #10
    Kick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    On the south side
    Posts
    1,534

    Quote Originally Posted by kantucky
    Holbrook did nothing but impress us Ironton fans when we played Ashland this year. Many of us thought he was the best QB in the area.


Top