2A #4 Danville at 3A #1 Boyle County

Page 4 of Titletown USA 2018 edition. Danville travels 2.4 miles to Boyle County High this week. Danville is coming off a loss to Corbin. Boyle County is rolling... 83 comments | 4651 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danville

    8 9.88%
  • Boyle County

    73 90.12%
  1. #46
    charlesw88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Junction City, KY
    Posts
    3,038

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelpride64 View Post
    Seeing Danville go from the SW scrimmage to playing Corbin pretty well for 2.5 quarters I think they may have more life than you think. Boyle's Oline is still struggling and Danville does have several good linemen. Boyle should win and to be honest shouldn't be that close but I've seen stranger things when these two teams play.
    What's your prediction, brother?
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    741

    Thorton is a little banged up but McGuire kid had a good game against Corbin. I think he hits us for a couple of decent runs but passing game doesn't do enough. Dorian can't make enough tackles but he will play well. In the end Lanter has a big game (I hope) and Boyle pulls away.

    BC 38
    Danville 17

  3. #48
    charlesw88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Junction City, KY
    Posts
    3,038

    The weather could impact the game as well.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    110

    Quote Originally Posted by charlesw88 View Post
    The weather could impact the game as well.
    As long as it doesn't get changed to Thursday rebel fans might buck that idea after last year

  5. #50
    charlesw88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Junction City, KY
    Posts
    3,038

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT DIESEL POWER View Post
    As long as it doesn't get changed to Thursday
    I hope it does. My son's birthday is on Friday so I'm going to miss the game.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    110

    Quote Originally Posted by charlesw88 View Post
    I hope it does. My son's birthday is on Friday so I'm going to miss the game.
    Well happy birthday to him. The weather is about the same on Thursday or Friday so I would say we will all be in for a wet delayed filled night if by chance that is the one in a million day the weather man is correct.

  7. #52
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    50,921

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Boyle County big in this one. I know folks like to get nostalgic and romantic about it being a rivalry game but from what we all know about both teams at this point, if Boyle County doesn’t win this game big then they won’t win 3A this year.
    I agree. I can't see Boyle beating Central if they struggle with Danville.

  8. #53
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    Danville is different than last season but they are an improving football team. I'm looking forward to the game.

  9. #54
    Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Titletown USA
    Posts
    7,183

    Quote Originally Posted by SX1250.1 View Post
    Cameron Gwinn had a great game as well with a couple sledge hammer sacks.
    He had a great game!

    A couple of players also that have really impressed me this year are Jr's. #33 Isaac Hardwick, #14 Hayden Bottoms, and #21 Drew Baker on defense.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    110

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I agree. I can't see Boyle beating Central if they struggle with Danville.
    So being a rivalry doesn't play any part in the outcome? Boyle cant struggle because of the rivalry and still be top dog in 3A? I am asking seriously not saying you are wrong in your prediction so dont take it that way. I also want to ask do we think that central is better than Ballard? Because right now Ballard is the best team on BC schedule and I am not sure the outcome of ballard or danville matters much in the grand scheme of 3A

  11. #56
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    53,117

    I think Boyle could lose to Danville and still win 3A (happened last season).

    I also think Danville could be put on a running clock and still compete in 2A.

    It's a long season and a lot of things can happen.

  12. #57
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    “It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    50,921

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT DIESEL POWER View Post
    So being a rivalry doesn't play any part in the outcome? Boyle cant struggle because of the rivalry and still be top dog in 3A? I am asking seriously not saying you are wrong in your prediction so dont take it that way. I also want to ask do we think that central is better than Ballard? Because right now Ballard is the best team on BC schedule and I am not sure the outcome of ballard or danville matters much in the grand scheme of 3A
    I think, in general, the rivalry angle is overused most of the time. I think it can affect the game initially, but I don't think it affects the outcome the majority of the time. I trust my guy @PurplePride92's judgement on this one.

    As for Central vs Ballard, I absolutely think Central is better than Ballard at this point. They play in two weeks, so we'll find out.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    110

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I think, in general, the rivalry angle is overused most of the time. I think it can affect the game initially, but I don't think it affects the outcome the majority of the time. I trust my guy @PurplePride92's judgement on this one.

    As for Central vs Ballard, I absolutely think Central is better than Ballard at this point. They play in two weeks, so we'll find out.
    I agree initially it does affect the game but what worries me how young (game experience) BC oline is and that the rivalry could affect it more because of that fact. I haven't seen central this year but have looked at their schedule dont know much about them so I will have to refer to your judgment on them until they play in a couple weeks.

  14. #59
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    65,645

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    I trust my guy @PurplePride92's judgement

  15. #60
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,470

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT DIESEL POWER View Post
    So being a rivalry doesn't play any part in the outcome? Boyle cant struggle because of the rivalry and still be top dog in 3A? I am asking seriously not saying you are wrong in your prediction so dont take it that way. I also want to ask do we think that central is better than Ballard? Because right now Ballard is the best team on BC schedule and I am not sure the outcome of ballard or danville matters much in the grand scheme of 3A
    Yes, Central is better than Ballard.

    These teams are in two different places right now. One is at worst as good as they were last season. The other isn’t close to what they were last season. I’ve seen 60-0 scores in this rivalry game and while I am not saying that is what the score will be this Friday night I am saying that Boyle County shouldn’t struggle at all in this game. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Not really. But I wouldn’t feel great about Boyle’s chances of defeating a team like Central if they struggle against the Admirals on 8/31.

    Corbin beat Danville 28-10.

    We all agree that we feel like Boyle County is better than Corbin don’t we? Corbin doesn’t have a Reed Lanter, a Reese Smith, a Landen Bartleson, a Wilson Kelly, a Drew Baker, a Reiley Colwick, a Will McDaniel or an Aaron Hatter though, do they?

    The game being a rivalry game doesnt change that fact for me.

Top