2019 Bowl Games & Locations

Page 2 of Y'all have do such a great job updating schedules, I was hoping you all could list all the bowl games/match ups and locations. Advertisement 0 0 0 &nbs... 26 comments | 4693 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    811

    So these "bowl" games that only involve a single game, and are held at one of the teams' home field, and take place on a regular day at a regular time. Can someone explain what the deal is there?

    Do the sponsors get anything out of it, aside for having their name attached to a high school football game? Do the teams...say Pineville and Paris, playing each other on September 6th at Pineville in the "Laurel Bowl"...this will make the 5th straight year that those two teams have played each other, so I'm gonna assume the game would have taken place already, "bowl game" or not. So what makes that a bowl, and why?
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Jun 10
    Posts
    638

    Just a way for businesses to support the local school and get some advertising from it.

  3. #18
    ChiefSmoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    US 68
    Posts
    1,652

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    So these "bowl" games that only involve a single game, and are held at one of the teams' home field, and take place on a regular day at a regular time. Can someone explain what the deal is there?

    Do the sponsors get anything out of it, aside for having their name attached to a high school football game? Do the teams...say Pineville and Paris, playing each other on September 6th at Pineville in the "Laurel Bowl"...this will make the 5th straight year that those two teams have played each other, so I'm gonna assume the game would have taken place already, "bowl game" or not. So what makes that a bowl, and why?
    Every home game at Mercer County has a sponsor. It helps us raise funding for our program. The sponsor chooses a Hog, Dog & Titan to recognize at the end of each quarter. Those sponsorships have really helped our program and it has helped involve our community on Friday nights. This makes 5 straight seasons with all the same sponsors. Has been very successful and a huge positive.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Posts
    1,132

    KOB bowl at Fairdale Bullitt East and Fairdale play on 8/24 also. Game times are 6:00 and 8:00

  5. #20
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,661

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs83 View Post
    KOB bowl at Fairdale Bullitt East and Fairdale play on 8/24 also. Game times are 6:00 and 8:00
    Thanks for the update, @dawgs83. So there will be two games played at Fairdale on Saturday for the KOB, but then nothing will be taking place on Friday night?

  6. #21
    TylerDurden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    537 Paper Street
    Posts
    811

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefSmoke View Post
    Every home game at Mercer County has a sponsor. It helps us raise funding for our program. The sponsor chooses a Hog, Dog & Titan to recognize at the end of each quarter. Those sponsorships have really helped our program and it has helped involve our community on Friday nights. This makes 5 straight seasons with all the same sponsors. Has been very successful and a huge positive.
    Thanks! That really helps with some real insight about what I was asking.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Posts
    1,132

    Correct!

  8. #23
    Colonels_Wear_Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    Colonel Country
    Posts
    40,661

    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs83 View Post
    Correct!
    Good deal. Thanks!

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    22

    Does anyone know the schedule and name for the bowl Henry Clay is hosting on Aug. 23? It's Henry Clay-Simon Kenton in the opener and Johnson Central-Lafayette in the nightcap.

  10. #25
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    41,984

    I just looked on the K.H.S.A.A. page and they have the Bluegrass Bowl listed as a single game on Friday, August 30th. That game is the Highlands vs. St. Xavier. That games is slated for 6 PM. I know Lexington Catholic is playing Bishop Chatard (IN). I am guessing the kickoff will be shortly after the first game. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

  11. #26
    Tigerpride94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 16
    Posts
    4,605

    Quote Originally Posted by newarkcatholicfan View Post
    I just looked on the K.H.S.A.A. page and they have the Bluegrass Bowl listed as a single game on Friday, August 30th. That game is the Highlands vs. St. Xavier. That games is slated for 6 PM. I know Lexington Catholic is playing Bishop Chatard (IN). I am guessing the kickoff will be shortly after the first game. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.
    I know St.X plays Henry Clay at 6:00 on Aug 30th, at Lex Catholic.

  12. #27
    newarkcatholicfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Buckeye Lake, Ohio
    Posts
    41,984

    Update.

    I just got this from Lexington Catholic.
    August 30th
    Traditional Bank Bluegrass Bowl,
    Henry Clay Vs St. X. 6PM.
    TC Howe (Ind.) at Lexington Catholic 8.45 pm.

Top