2015 NKY East/West Allstar Game

Page 4 of Who is counting the days for this one? Anyone have any news about where they will play this year or who the coaches and players will be?... 128 comments | 14613 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    Any roster updates?
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    12 days to go. I think start practicing next weekend.

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    I was told yesterday at graduation that the game was moved to Scott. Can anyone confirm this?

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    I was told yesterday at graduation that the game was moved to Scott. Can anyone confirm this?
    Sounds good closer to home.

  5. #50
    White Lightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 15
    Posts
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    I was told yesterday at graduation that the game was moved to Scott. Can anyone confirm this?
    Can anyone confirm the location, date, and time of this game?

  6. #51
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    48,105

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    Pretty sure this is how they are split up.

    East
    CovCath
    Highlands
    Holmes
    Campbell
    Bellevue
    Newport
    NewCath
    Dayton
    Dixie


    West
    Simon Kenton
    Ryle
    Cooper
    Scott
    Holy Cross
    Lloyd
    Conner
    Boone
    Ludlow
    Beechwood
    Seeing how the teams are divided up, I'm curious as to the W-L records for East and West in this game.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Seeing how the teams are divided up, I'm curious as to the W-L records for East and West in this game.
    West has won the past 2 years.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    5,314

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_Dad View Post
    Seeing how the teams are divided up, I'm curious as to the W-L records for East and West in this game.
    It has been fairly even through the years although not all schools always participate fully. Depends on the date. Some Seniors go on trips. I think CovCath had 0 kids play a couple of years in a row awhile back because they were all gone. Of course some kids can't play because of baseball especially if the game is earlier in June and Regionals are going on (they can't make practice). Some times a team just does not have kicker, or has just one center etc. Some stars can't play because their colleges do not want them to. And of course most will not have played or practiced in 6 months.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdracman23 View Post
    It has been fairly even through the years although not all schools always participate fully. Depends on the date. Some Seniors go on trips. I think CovCath had 0 kids play a couple of years in a row awhile back because they were all gone. Of course some kids can't play because of baseball especially if the game is earlier in June and Regionals are going on (they can't make practice). Some times a team just does not have kicker, or has just one center etc. Some stars can't play because their colleges do not want them to. And of course most will not have played or practiced in 6 months.
    No, no, no. CovCath always sends a bunch of kids. Bir through 6 ints 2 years ago in the game. Swanson from SK intercepted 2 of them.

  10. #55
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    ....

    As a KY high school fan, I can't muster 1/10th of an ounce of interest in this game. Seems like a horrible idea for all parties involved, as was stated earlier, the kids haven't had pads on in 7 months, it is 100 degrees (usually), and they all have a million other things going on. I think this thought every time I see this thread pop up, but decided today to gather up the effort to actually type it in here.

    I'm sure I'm the only one that feels this way, but I just don't get it....and don't care to.

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Oct 12
    Posts
    1,218

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    No, no, no. CovCath always sends a bunch of kids. Bir through 6 ints 2 years ago in the game. Swanson from SK intercepted 2 of them.
    He said "a couple years in a row, awhile back"- not "two years ago."

    BTW- I understand Mr Bir is doing quite well at Dayton at QB.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    20,192

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    ....

    As a KY high school fan, I can't muster 1/10th of an ounce of interest in this game. Seems like a horrible idea for all parties involved, as was stated earlier, the kids haven't had pads on in 7 months, it is 100 degrees (usually), and they all have a million other things going on. I think this thought every time I see this thread pop up, but decided today to gather up the effort to actually type it in here.

    I'm sure I'm the only one that feels this way, but I just don't get it....and don't care to.
    Thanks debbie downer, lol.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Jul 13
    Posts
    7

    My understanding is the game is June 11th, at Scott Highschool. Start time 7:30pm

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Posts
    1,189

    Many years ago I had the privilage of playing in this game before I went off to play in college and I have mixed emotions about it. There are a few reasons to love and hate it.

    I had to drive back from Younglife Camp the morning of the game from Rockbridge, Virginia to play in this game and in the end it wasn't worth it. I loved being able to play with friends I haven't teamed with since Pee Wee, but it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. I loved being able to play on my home field one last time.

    The one thing I hated was I went in with the wrong attitude which is obviously my fault. I was pretty laid back at the start of the game and was having fun because I already had my college plans set and didn't want to hurt myself going into camp a month and a half later, but the guy I was going against was from Bellevue and it was his last football game so he played it like the State Championship. Nothing wrong with this but I remember the first two plays getting beat and getting furious. I was the only Center on the roster so I played the entire game, and remember after the first two plays turning it on and dominating this guy because he was smaller than me but was hungrier at first. I didn't really like that I had to go so hard in a game with the fear of my future being at risk.

    So it was a double edged sword for me, but I always encourage kids to play in this game if given the opportunity too.

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    34

    Couple of questions. 1. Is the East/West All Star game only for players that just finished their senior years? 2. Where can I find the rosters for this years game? Any help in finding the answers to my questions would be appreciate

Top