2015 NKY 6A District(s)

Page 6 of Originally Posted by Pioneer.Pride Ryle and SK are the clear favorites. Boone and Connor will not be competitive for a while. Cooper has been very comp... 113 comments | 4580 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,849

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTuna6 View Post
    You do realize that enrollment at Cooper has grown so much that they have had to add onto the school? When they went into 5A they knew that they were only going to be there for 4 years.
    What's your point?
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    7,332

    ^ 3rd in your district, play #2 seed first round of playoffs and if you win you get to go to CCH or HHS. Or have things line up, from time to time, when you do not match up with any of the Big 3 until the finals.

    Also, Dixie competes with CCH for football players to attend their school, and having a tough path year after year can make it hard to get momentum started or keep it going.

  3. #78
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,849

    Maybe I am missing something everyone. Is this document released by the KHSAA accurate?

    http://khsaa.org/football/realignmen...nrollments.pdf

    If so, Cooper is closer to 4A than 6A and they requested to move up as did Conner. With the requests to move up it gave Dixie a chance to move down which they took and it also gave Boone a chance to move down which they refused which officially means Boone is playing up too.

    Name:  movement.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  83.4 KB

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    110

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    I disagree, I think Dixie would have won 5A last year, I don't believe they will ever win 6A.

    In other words, unlike the complete, blithering idiots that decided Cooper and Conner should move up to 6A, whoever made the choice for Dixie to move down to 5A has a lot on the ball.
    I thought I read on another thread that Cooper had to move up because of enrollment. Is this not the case? If not, I have to agree that it was a wrong move to go up to 6A. They were having success at the 5A level.

  5. #80
    BigTuna6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Scranton, PA
    Posts
    491

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    What's your point?
    They were going to have to move up anyway. I don't see the point in staying in 5A. And it's not like Cooper is dodging Highlands, they are still playing them in the regular season. They moved up because their numbers were going to reflect a 6A school sooner than later. And if you know anything about Borchers, he is always up for the challenge as per Coopers schedule the past few years.

  6. #81
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,849

    Quote Originally Posted by Bisons66 View Post
    I thought I read on another thread that Cooper had to move up because of enrollment. Is this not the case? If not, I have to agree that it was a wrong move to go up to 6A. They were having success at the 5A level.
    Please take a close look at post 78, I realize we were posting at the same time.

  7. #82
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,849

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTuna6 View Post
    They were going to have to move up anyway. I don't see the point in staying in 5A. And it's not like Cooper is dodging Highlands, they are still playing them in the regular season. They moved up because their numbers were going to reflect a 6A school sooner than later. And if you know anything about Borchers, he is always up for the challenge as per Coopers schedule the past few years.
    You better look at post 78 too. And if true, your whole 4 year theory is some load of dung being pushed around the Boone County system as a cover story for their actions.

  8. #83

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,563

    If I'm Cooper and Conner I sure would have waited the 4 years before I was forced to move up to 6A. In the meantime they could have an edge in numbers over many in 5A. Sure would have made a nice 5A district in NKY.

  9. #84
    BigTuna6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14
    Location
    Scranton, PA
    Posts
    491

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    You better look at post 78 too. And if true, your whole 4 year theory is some load of dung being pushed around the Boone County system as a cover story for their actions.
    Not much of a theory if it actually happened!

  10. #85
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,849

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTuna6 View Post
    Not much of a theory if it actually happened!
    Then I must be bad at math. Read your post 75 again and tell me how your math adds up?

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    From the numbers Guru posted Boone could move down to 5A? Cooper could move to 4A? Conner could have stayed at 5A?

  12. #87
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    147,849

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    From the numbers Guru posted Boone could move down to 5A? Cooper could move to 4A? Conner could have stayed at 5A?
    Those are KHSAA numbers and Cooper would be closer to 4A than 6A (I think - I didn't count it out) but no they did not qualify for 4A based on the numbers listed.

  13. #88

    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    Nippert
    Posts
    642

    KHSAA uses the 4 year average, fromwhat I understand. From the KHSAA website, Cooper is growing each year. Graph shows 2013-2014 to far left, with each preceding year moving to the right.

    Name:  cooper.JPG
Views: 19
Size:  13.0 KB

  14. #89

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,013

    Quote Originally Posted by theguru View Post
    Those are KHSAA numbers and Cooper would be closer to 4A than 6A (I think - I didn't count it out) but no they did not qualify for 4A based on the numbers listed.
    If those schools where smart they would move down.

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Mar 13
    Posts
    81

    Why did Highlands and CovCath move up? For better competition? I know CovCath's numbers have gone up, but when they made the realignment wouldn't CovCath had still been barely 4A if they didn't request to move up? Why would CovCath move up since they never get passed Highlands? Or did CovCath move up for better competition overall? Which then couldn't you say maybe Cooper and Conner then moved up as well for better competition overall at a State Level? Why is it people are blasting Cooper and Conner for moving up for overall better competition, but not Highlands and CovCath? Highlands lost their title game two years ago and had to have a huge comeback to win it last year. So it seems 4A had stopped being a cake walk for them, so why move up?

Top