1A #1 Beechwood vs. 1A #6 Ludlow

Page 2 of Who wins this highly anticipated district matchup? Can Ludlow shock the world? Will Beechwood dominate this district like always?... 83 comments | 6220 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beechwood

    64 77.11%
  • Ludlow

    19 22.89%
  1. #16
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    7,651

    Quote Originally Posted by Beechwoodfan View Post
    I am curious to know why you think Ludlow "deserves" to be district champs?
    My point is that if Beechwood is not the elephant in the room, that this would be the year that Ludlow would be dominant with other area Class A schools.
    They have defeated Dayton, Brossart, Bracken County, and Williamsburg (not exactly local, but Class 1A), and still probably have a win over Bellevue in their hip pockets - good enough to be a district champion.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In enemy territory scouting for the future..
    Posts
    10,051

    You are not going to beat Beechwood with a one trick pony.. Beechwood's defense can play with just about anyone in the state..Tigers by at least 4tds!!

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    8,919

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderbird View Post
    You are not going to beat Beechwood with a one trick pony.. Beechwood's defense can play with just about anyone in the state..Tigers by at least 4tds!!
    Ludlow has more than Blackburn, many don't realize that too.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In enemy territory scouting for the future..
    Posts
    10,051

    Quote Originally Posted by hrcarrier View Post
    Ludlow has more than Blackburn, many don't realize that too.
    Who? Because you hear of no one else?

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,252

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderbird View Post
    You are not going to beat Beechwood with a one trick pony.. Beechwood's defense can play with just about anyone in the state..Tigers by at least 4tds!!
    No doubt Blackburn is an absolute stud. And while he gets a lot of the pub. They also have two very good running backs, and good speed at wr. With one of those receivers being one of the best in the district. It's also one of the best lines Ludlow has had in years. This is a very good Ludlow team all the way around. Then when you add one of the best players in the state in 1A in Blackburn. You have years like they are having.

    Ludlow can come very close to matching up well. The only disadvantage they have is Beechwood has played a much tougher schedule. So they are more prepared for this type of game currently because they have played teams like Covcath and Simon Kenton with even more talent. I think we will see a rematch of this game later this year in the playoffs.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    8,919

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderbird View Post
    Who? Because you hear of no one else?
    A good running back in Stratton. A couple others impressed me on their offense too. Want to say the last name of one is Hathaway and I forget the other but know he came back from Cov Cath.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 10
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    8,919

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    No doubt Blackburn is an absolute stud. And while he gets a lot of the pub. They also have two very good running backs, and good speed at wr. With one of those receivers being one of the best in the district. It's also one of the best lines Ludlow has had in years. This is a very good Ludlow team all the way around. Then when you add one of the best players in the state in 1A in Blackburn. You have years like they are having.

    Ludlow can come very close to matching up well. The only disadvantage they have is Beechwood has played a much tougher schedule. So they are more prepared for this type of game currently because they have played teams like Covcath and Simon Kenton with even more talent. I think we will see a rematch of this game later this year in the playoffs.
    I agree about Ludlow's OL play too, doesn't get enough credit.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    19,252

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderbird View Post
    Who? Because you hear of no one else?
    Which is nothing new. The same can be said for every team that has stars on their team. Covcath is best team in this area, but the only two that get talked much about for Covcath is the qb Meyer and rb Mcginest. Ryle last year very good but all you heard of unless you were a Ryle fan was Tanner Morgan and the rb Chisholm. It didn't mean those teams didn't have other good players. It just means the people outside of the program only hear those names because those players are so good.

    Which is the case with Ludlow. They have other good players. One of the most overall talented teams ever at Ludlow. However Blackburn is so good, his name has to be mentioned when talking about Ludlow.

  9. #24
    Chatty Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    150

    Quote Originally Posted by hrcarrier View Post
    A good running back in Stratton. A couple others impressed me on their offense too. Want to say the last name of one is Hathaway and I forget the other but know he came back from Cov Cath.
    Sophomore Cody Kramer transferred back to Ludlow this year from CCH.

  10. #25
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,982

    Quote Originally Posted by hrcarrier View Post
    Ludlow has some things going on. If they keep their current varsity coach and they can keep enough of the younger players coming up, I don't look for their struggles to be nearly as consistent as in the past.

    Dayton also has good talent coming up too, which will likely contribute to better teams in the future if the players remain. Either way, there's no argument that the smaller river city schools of NKY have been part of many struggles.
    Ludlow youth football teams are good they should field some decent teams for years to come.

  11. #26
    Footballforever74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 16
    Posts
    7,982

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatty Cat View Post
    Sophomore Cody Kramer transferred back to Ludlow this year from CCH.
    Kramer used to play for South Kenton I believe.

  12. #27
    Bench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,802

    I was at this game last year and I think it was 35-0 in the 1st qtr., and could have been worse. You're telling me that that much has changed in 1 year?

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Apr 14
    Posts
    2,969

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    Williamsburg was a pretty good passing offense.
    Maybe Williamsburg is the best Ludlow has seen, but they avg 2 interceptions thrown per game and have only one receiver dominating all the stats. Williamsburg is a pass first offense and not very deceptive about it. BW has more than a handful of very quick receivers with a tall QB that throws a good ball. If Ludlow doesn't figure out how to pressure Burch, there could be a ton of aerial yards.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    43

    BW by 4 scores. Blackburn will be kept in check and not for lack of effort...kid is having a tremendous year

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 11
    Posts
    7,155

    Quote Originally Posted by Footballforever74 View Post
    Kramer used to play for South Kenton I believe.
    He might have. He went to Twenhofel in 6th grade before moving back to Ludlow in 7th grade. He was a decent wrestler and wrestled for Cov Cath's youth program, and I think that wrestling was one of the big reasons he went to Cov Cath last year.

Top