#7 Frederick Douglass vs. #2 Scott County (6A Quarterfinals)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Frederick Douglass

    7 11.48%
  • Scott County

    54 88.52%
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    10,942

    #7 Frederick Douglass vs. #2 Scott County (6A Quarterfinals)

    Rematch for the Broncos at the Cardinals. The great first season for Frederick Douglass will probably come to an end. However in my opinion they are playing with house money but it will be very tough for the Broncos.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    thsrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Posts
    3,507

    Scott County's playoff experience and high level of confidence having beaten the Broncos previously will be more than enough to defeat the upstarts.

  3. #3
    Wireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 05
    Location
    8507 Queens Boulevard
    Posts
    51,244

    Never know what will happen under the lights, but Scott County should advance. Either way, VERY impressive first season for FD.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 14
    Posts
    88

    Cards roll 49-14

  5. #5
    jvdfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    8,527

    Scott Co by 3.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    10,942

    Both teams would probably only have one more game. Scott could possibly beat St. X probably not in my opinion but neither is beating Trinity.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by Wireman View Post
    Never know what will happen under the lights, but Scott County should advance. Either way, VERY impressive first season for FD.
    VERY impressive for the Lexington All-Stars. Amazing what a team can do with a team full of starters from three other Lexington schools. Incredible feat!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyRoosevelt View Post
    VERY impressive for the Lexington All-Stars. Amazing what a team can do with a team full of starters from three other Lexington schools. Incredible feat!
    Has nothing to do with coaching, and actually getting kids to play defense? Or working 100+ hours a week since Feb? Or a team actually playing with discipline? Or a group of kids that have bought all in and have grinded since June 1st on an old grass field behind Crawford all summer because none of the other public high schools would allow them on their turf fields. Keep making excuses the truth of the matter is the best is yet to come. The dominance and 1st chapter is written. That staff and kids will go to work whenever this playoff run is over. Their younger kids have already had an extra spring ball including lifting weights 4 days a week and 15 extra playoff practices. But you keep making excuses and accusations that are so far off base they are laughable. Instead why dont you give those kids some credit. Give Landis some props, hands down Coach of the Year! Stop by a game next fall Im sure someone will buy you a snickers bar to cheer you up.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    188

    Quote Originally Posted by nolinenoshine View Post
    Has nothing to do with coaching, and actually getting kids to play defense? Or working 100+ hours a week since Feb? Or a team actually playing with discipline? Or a group of kids that have bought all in and have grinded since June 1st on an old grass field behind Crawford all summer because none of the other public high schools would allow them on their turf fields. Keep making excuses the truth of the matter is the best is yet to come. The dominance and 1st chapter is written. That staff and kids will go to work whenever this playoff run is over. Their younger kids have already had an extra spring ball including lifting weights 4 days a week and 15 extra playoff practices. But you keep making excuses and accusations that are so far off base they are laughable. Instead why dont you give those kids some credit. Give Landis some props, hands down Coach of the Year! Stop by a game next fall Im sure someone will buy you a snickers bar to cheer you up.
    Reality is somewhere in the middle of these two points of view. They deserve credit but there is definitely a whole lot of shady going on over there. I believe you will hear more about this in the near future.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by nolinenoshine View Post
    Has nothing to do with coaching, and actually getting kids to play defense? Or working 100+ hours a week since Feb? Or a team actually playing with discipline? Or a group of kids that have bought all in and have grinded since June 1st on an old grass field behind Crawford all summer because none of the other public high schools would allow them on their turf fields. Keep making excuses the truth of the matter is the best is yet to come. The dominance and 1st chapter is written. That staff and kids will go to work whenever this playoff run is over. Their younger kids have already had an extra spring ball including lifting weights 4 days a week and 15 extra playoff practices. But you keep making excuses and accusations that are so far off base they are laughable. Instead why dont you give those kids some credit. Give Landis some props, hands down Coach of the Year! Stop by a game next fall Im sure someone will buy you a snickers bar to cheer you up.
    Props for what? Had great talent from all over the city and still no championship. Got outworked by Scott County in district and region play. BTW why was he suspended for a game this year? Hard to win coach of the year when he did not coach every game.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    46

    Scott wins by 14 ... FD not on Scott Co. level even with top of the line Lex talent they got from every corner of the city.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    46

    Quote Originally Posted by nolinenoshine View Post
    Has nothing to do with coaching, and actually getting kids to play defense? Or working 100+ hours a week since Feb? Or a team actually playing with discipline? Or a group of kids that have bought all in and have grinded since June 1st on an old grass field behind Crawford all summer because none of the other public high schools would allow them on their turf fields. Keep making excuses the truth of the matter is the best is yet to come. The dominance and 1st chapter is written. That staff and kids will go to work whenever this playoff run is over. Their younger kids have already had an extra spring ball including lifting weights 4 days a week and 15 extra playoff practices. But you keep making excuses and accusations that are so far off base they are laughable. Instead why dont you give those kids some credit. Give Landis some props, hands down Coach of the Year! Stop by a game next fall Im sure someone will buy you a snickers bar to cheer you up.
    Part of the reason he is able to work 100 plus hours on just football is no one is quite sure what else he does. Apparently, he draws a tax payer check to just coach football. Every high school head coach would like that deal.

  13. #13
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    17,683

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyRoosevelt View Post
    VERY impressive for the Lexington All-Stars. Amazing what a team can do with a team full of starters from three other Lexington schools. Incredible feat!
    Should have worked harder to keep your own kids.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyRoosevelt View Post
    Props for what? Had great talent from all over the city and still no championship. Got outworked by Scott County in district and region play. BTW why was he suspended for a game this year? Hard to win coach of the year when he did not coach every game.
    7-0 vs city teams. City Champions!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    31

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyRoosevelt View Post
    Part of the reason he is able to work 100 plus hours on just football is no one is quite sure what else he does. Apparently, he draws a tax payer check to just coach football. Every high school head coach would like that deal.
    Once again you have no clue how hard he and his staff work after they work hard during the school day. Don't assume and lighten up a little bit you are an angry little guy.

Top