#3 Corbin vs. Powell County (3A Quarterfinals)

Page 2 of Thoughts? 0 0 0    ... 27 comments | 995 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: 3A Regional Championship: Who Wins?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Corbin (11-1)

    29 96.67%
  • Powell County (8-4)

    1 3.33%
  1. #16
    ATLCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 11
    Posts
    10,547

    Corbin by 4 TD's
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    173 teams have byes for the rest of the season. Corbin wins this game because they are the better team, but that certainly doesn't diminish the fantastic season Powell County has had.
    No, great season for Powell Co.

    Corbin has yet to play anyone since Mayfield in Sept.

  3. #18
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,371

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    No, great season for Powell Co.

    Corbin has yet to play anyone since Mayfield in Sept.
    How about Knox Central, who put a beat down on one of your favorite teams? Bell Co. and Casey Co. are not bad 3A teams either.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Quote Originally Posted by 4chs View Post
    How about Knox Central, who put a beat down on one of your favorite teams? Bell Co. and Casey Co. are not bad 3A teams either.
    Knox also started about 5 9th graders and didnt play starting QB vs Corbin.

  5. #20
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,371

    Quote Originally Posted by mountain ref View Post
    Knox also started about 5 9th graders and didnt play starting QB vs Corbin.
    They played the same QB against Corbin as they did against Rock, and he was the starting QB beginning with the 5th game of the season. They played the same amount of freshman against Corbin as they did against Rockcastle Co. as well.

    Maybe you can find another excuse to rationalize it in your mind, something like the officials cheated, someone was bought off, etc.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Quote Originally Posted by 4chs View Post
    They played the same QB against Corbin as they did against Rock, and he was the starting QB beginning with the 5th game of the season. They played the same amount of freshman against Corbin as they did against Rockcastle Co. as well.

    Maybe you can find another excuse to rationalize it in your mind, something like the officials cheated, someone was bought off, etc.
    Officials don’t cheat.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Quote Originally Posted by 4chs View Post
    They played the same QB against Corbin as they did against Rock, and he was the starting QB beginning with the 5th game of the season. They played the same amount of freshman against Corbin as they did against Rockcastle Co. as well.

    Maybe you can find another excuse to rationalize it in your mind, something like the officials cheated, someone was bought off, etc.
    Those two things are funny that you used in the same statement.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by 4chs View Post
    Simms will be a huge loss. He is the heart of the defense and special teams, having scored TD's by blocking punts, returning an INT, by fumble recovery and returning kicks.

    Will Mitchell be back this week? If both he and Simms are out, things could get interesting. Could we possibly see Sizemore or Estep make their defensive debuts?
    Mitchell is out with a nasty infection; he was in isolation at Baptist per a family member. Gosselin can play free safety in lieu of Mitchell, he had a great game last week there.

    As for Simms, the easiest move may be to move Money back to the outside linebacker and bump another linemen at d end.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    My prediction.
    🍰🚶🏼

  10. #25
    4chs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03
    Location
    Corbin/Whitley Co.
    Posts
    10,371

    Corbin 35 Powell Co. 21

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Quote Originally Posted by 4chs View Post
    Corbin 35 Powell Co. 21
    If thats the score then semis is as far as Corbin goes.

  12. #27
    All State Baseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 12
    Location
    Wrigley Field
    Posts
    17,963

    I dreamed Corbin won 58-8

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    mnts
    Posts
    13,807

    Good luck Powell Co, so many are glad you won so Corbin couldnt host another home game and to make the Corbin people have to travel away.

Top