Good Luck in KY State Games

Page 3 of Originally Posted by soccerfan000 Male HS. Not sure if he will play club. Only played this year after Male lost some kids to being kicked off the team.... 42 comments | 3408 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,225

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerforlife View Post
    Then lets be fair and mention all the Northern KY High School kids on that KHA U17 Red team........

    Michael Dumaine -- Campbell Co
    Devin Morgan -- Scott
    Parker Kenny -- Cov Cath
    Kareem Elgusain -- Ryle
    Adam Lannon --St. Henry
    Bryce Day -- Cov Cath
    Logan Dehner -- St. Henry
    Erik Hegerty -- Scott
    Brady Gesenhues -- Highlands
    Chandler Gaunce -- GRC (not really what we call northern Ky but we will throw him in there)

    Good Luck in Wisconsin!!
    So Gesenhues is on a team going to regionals and not a captain at HHS? What the heck? Maybe he should pick up the oblong ball this fall and go back to the round one in December.
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Posts
    870

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    So Gesenhues is on a team going to regionals and not a captain at HHS? What the heck? Maybe he should pick up the oblong ball this fall and go back to the round one in December.
    Why choose one or the other? Evan O'Hara (Boone) and Evan Talkers (CovCath) come to mind as two excellent soccer players who also kicked or punted. Takes a special talent to do both but could be a nice add for Highlands, especially if Gesenhues had both a strong leg and was consistent.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir! View Post
    Why choose one or the other? Evan O'Hara (Boone) and Evan Talkers (CovCath) come to mind as two excellent soccer players who also kicked or punted. Takes a special talent to do both but could be a nice add for Highlands, especially if Gesenhues had both a strong leg and was consistent.
    Perhaps punting. Highlands has a heck of a kicker right now.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,225

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir! View Post
    Why choose one or the other? Evan O'Hara (Boone) and Evan Talkers (CovCath) come to mind as two excellent soccer players who also kicked or punted. Takes a special talent to do both but could be a nice add for Highlands, especially if Gesenhues had both a strong leg and was consistent.
    About what I expected and who I expected it from. Good answer. Brady would be a nice defensive back or receiver for the football Birds and would certainly help them on the baseball diamond as well. Perhaps he should be respected more on the soccer field for his talents rather than being pushed aside for the "favorites".

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,225

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    Perhaps punting. Highlands has a heck of a kicker right now.
    Perhaps the kicker should play soccer also, they could certainly use it.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    678

    While he may not been named a captain he can mostly definitely be a leader by his play and his actions on the field. The player that raises all his teammates play is the true leader and I'm sure all the players on the team know who that is.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,225

    Quote Originally Posted by imsays View Post
    While he may not been named a captain he can mostly definitely be a leader by his play and his actions on the field. The player that raises all his teammates play is the true leader and I'm sure all the players on the team know who that is.
    Well said Sir. Exactly what I was trying to point out.

  8. #38
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Perhaps the kicker should play soccer also, they could certainly use it.
    JOAT, you've been in all riled up lately. Hope all is okay in "real life". You've been uncharacteristically feisty lately.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Here's some kid w/ crazy hair during Prelim weekend.Name:  State cup.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  67.9 KB

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Apr 12
    Location
    Kain-Tuck-EEEEE
    Posts
    2,987

    Congrats to Kings Central Red U17 Boys....

    Went 2-0-1 in the President's cup regionals in St Charles, Mo......for the tie, apparently had the winning goal called back on a questionable offsides call (am told)......the person that was called offsides wasn't in the play......

    They will not advanced due to goal differential ......should be proud of the showing..

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    138

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerforlife View Post
    Then lets be fair and mention all the Northern KY High School kids on that KHA U17 Red team........

    Michael Dumaine -- Campbell Co
    Devin Morgan -- Scott
    Parker Kenny -- Cov Cath
    Kareem Elgusain -- Ryle
    Adam Lannon --St. Henry
    Bryce Day -- Cov Cath
    Logan Dehner -- St. Henry
    Erik Hegerty -- Scott
    Brady Gesenhues -- Highlands
    Chandler Gaunce -- GRC (not really what we call northern Ky but we will throw him in there)

    Good Luck in Wisconsin!!
    Congrats to this group of NKY players who have moved onto semis this afternoon along with the player from CUP u14. Best of luck today.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    138

    As well as Luke Treadwell's CUP u18 team.

  13. #43

    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Posts
    138

    Tough losses by all three local teams in semis yesterday. Caught one game each of all local boys clubs playing this weekend and was nice seeing many of boys playing top notch ball. I had only seen the u17 KHA team once at state cup and they really stepped up play this weekend with a couple of the NKY boys playing some incredible ball. The u18 CUP gold loss at semis in PKs was a heart-breaker. Great game to watch though. Unfortunately, they played the same time KHA played and only saw half of each. Looking forward to seeing some of these young men play again in a few months.

Top