Bluegrass State Games

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    148

    Bluegrass State Games

    Schedule posted. 😀⚽️
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    13,436

    The youth version, through U14, is this coming weekend (the 15th and 16th). That pretty much assures horrible weather for all of Central KY; sorry.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    658

    What I find interesting is how each coach requests which group they want o play in (a,b,c). Ryle in B is a little surprising. Lots of NKY teams in the B division.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,445

    Quote Originally Posted by imsays View Post
    What I find interesting is how each coach requests which group they want o play in (a,b,c). Ryle in B is a little surprising. Lots of NKY teams in the B division.
    I believe that Ryle typically splits into two pretty evenly matched Varsity squads and also uses the weekend as part of their tryout process.

  5. #5
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,686

    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Card View Post
    I believe that Ryle typically splits into two pretty evenly matched Varsity squads and also uses the weekend as part of their tryout process.
    Will you be traveling down for part of it this year, YC?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,445

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    Will you be traveling down for part of it this year, YC?
    Will not decide until next week.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    148

    I would think a team would want to push themselves to compete in higher division since it doesnt count for anything.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,445

    Quote Originally Posted by justwondering1 View Post
    I would think a team would want to push themselves to compete in higher division since it doesnt count for anything.
    I agree with you. Who's to say they aren't pushing themselves?

    It is also a little different since not every school takes the same approach when putting together their squads for the BGSG matches.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    148

    True. And I understand if they are splitting a team evenly. Hoping for decent weather and competitive games!

  10. #10
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    13,436

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    The youth version, through U14, is this coming weekend (the 15th and 16th). That pretty much assures horrible weather for all of Central KY; sorry.
    En route....let's go!!

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    46,260

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    The youth version, through U14, is this coming weekend (the 15th and 16th). That pretty much assures horrible weather for all of Central KY; sorry.
    I remember when DLG played, one year it was rainy and cold the whole time, but they still played, the next year in was hotter than hell with humidity nearing 100%. NEVER once to I remember 80 degrees, sunny, and a cool breeze.

    Hope everyone's kickball experience is a pleasant one.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,445

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrappler View Post
    Will you be traveling down for part of it this year, YC?
    Yes, I will be making the trip.... 14 years in a row now!!!

  13. #13
    oldgrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    2,686

    They must have good concessions!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    200

    Bluegrass games

    Any nay updates?

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    543

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleff12 View Post
    Any nay updates?
    Yeah - who's whinny?

Top