9th Region...Who ya got?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    9th Region...Who ya got?

    Is the 9th Ryleís to lose? They return a lot, but lose the 9thís defensive player of the year.

    CovCath? Highlands? St. Henry. Letís hear it
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    48

    My early prediction is #1 Ryle, #2 Highlands, #3 Cov Cath, #4 dark horse NCC, and #5 St Henry.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by STPB View Post
    My early prediction is #1 Ryle, #2 Highlands, #3 Cov Cath, #4 dark horse NCC, and #5 St Henry.
    This will have to be about the most experienced Highlands teams in memory. Potentially 17 seniors is a very big number, with 10 of them returning starters or letter winners. Add 2 Jrs and a Sophomore, and 13 contributors return.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    48

    My heart is hoping that Highlands gets to State. These boys have worked hard over the last 2 seasons and this season shouldn’t be any different.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    99

    I’m very distant from the HHS program; can anyone give some names of likely contributors?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Collar7 View Post
    I’m very distant from the HHS program; can anyone give some names of likely contributors?
    The biggest name, IMO, is Will Bernham in goal. 2 year starter, perfect score on the ACT, and a great leader. It will be between him and James Spinney from Ryle for top goalie in the 9th and maybe the state. Mikey Penrod will be the fulcrom in midfiel. All Region Alex Ford is back to start his 3rd Varsity Season w/ Devin Harris starting his fourth. Drew Cavicini returns as a starter at CB. They can play a back 3 in front of Bernham, or Devin can play outside back as he has in the past...really, Harris can play anywhere on the field.

    They lost a TON of great leadership. Nick Gish's leadership can't be overstated. Great Kid. I look for Carter Holmes to lead the attack and provide leadership. Porter Heddenburg (sp?) is a nice weapon off of the right wing.

    There may not be 1st team All State players, or a DI player like Elias Ordonez from last year, but this team doesn't drop off after 1-11. They have a lot of depth. Even in goal, Nick Fischer would start for every other team in NKY not named Ryle. Their whole year depends on finding 2 or 3 consistent goal scorers. Defensively, they will be very tough to break down.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    99

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    The biggest name, IMO, is Will Bernham in goal. 2 year starter, perfect score on the ACT, and a great leader. It will be between him and James Spinney from Ryle for top goalie in the 9th and maybe the state. Mikey Penrod will be the fulcrom in midfiel. All Region Alex Ford is back to start his 3rd Varsity Season w/ Devin Harris starting his fourth. Drew Cavicini returns as a starter at CB. They can play a back 3 in front of Bernham, or Devin can play outside back as he has in the past...really, Harris can play anywhere on the field.

    They lost a TON of great leadership. Nick Gish's leadership can't be overstated. Great Kid. I look for Carter Holmes to lead the attack and provide leadership. Porter Heddenburg (sp?) is a nice weapon off of the right wing.

    There may not be 1st team All State players, or a DI player like Elias Ordonez from last year, but this team doesn't drop off after 1-11. They have a lot of depth. Even in goal, Nick Fischer would start for every other team in NKY not named Ryle. Their whole year depends on finding 2 or 3 consistent goal scorers. Defensively, they will be very tough to break down.
    Thanks for the breakdown. Sounds like it should be an exciting year. I’ll try to follow a little better this year than I have in the past.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 03
    Location
    Have love in your heart and an ax in your hand. Hug and swing discriminately- Jim Wendler
    Posts
    15,357

    Quote Originally Posted by Collar7 View Post
    Thanks for the breakdown. Sounds like it should be an exciting year. Iíll try to follow a little better this year than I have in the past.
    My boys made it this year, so I'm excited to watch this season, seflishly.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    99

    Quote Originally Posted by mexitucky View Post
    My boys made it this year, so I'm excited to watch this season, seflishly.
    Nothing wrong with that at all. Enjoy it!

  10. #10
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    142,773

    Link Policy

    When posting links to 3rd party websites, all members must comply with the following:

    1. Copyrights and content usage guidelines - As a general rule, no more than 25% of the actual content of any 3rd party article/story/content/link can be re-posted directly to BGP.

    2. Quoted articles/stories/content must be accompanied by a properly operating link to the original source of the content being shared to BGP.

    3. When any member posts a link to a 3rd party website, that link MUST be accompanied by meaningful commentary in the post explaining why the link has been shared. This is intended to provide insight about the link without forcing anyone to leave BGP in order to understand the subject matter, as well as continuing to generate organic discussion in the thread rather than completely directing attention elsewhere. Meaningful commentary could include questions (one simple question will not be sufficient) intended to stem discussion, it can be a personal observation about topic of the link, or it could simply be a summary in the member’s own words about what is contained in the link.

    4. Videos and photographs being posted on BGP from 3rd party websites must be posted in accordance with the proper copyright and/or registered trademarks associated with those videos and photographs. Additionally, any photos or videos must be accompanied by meaningful commentary when they are posted.

    5. If anyone is in violation of our Link Policy, please report the post using the “Report Post” feature – the triangular “!” icon located in the bottom left-hand side of every post. Or, if anyone that is not a member of BGP feels that someone is in violation of our Link Policy, please contact theguru at: theguru@fuse.net to report any violations.

Top