Zion Harmon to Marshall County?

Page 2 of According to Joe Jackson, radio broadcaster of Graves County and writer for West kentucky Star he has enrolled at Marshall county.... 77 comments | 13024 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    277

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopJunkie View Post
    If his family has moved, it’s legal....
    This is actually not true. If it is determined to be for athletic reasons then it is not permissible and he would be ineligible.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    20,908

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    Marshall Co is not an average basketball school. They may not be state contenders but have had a solid program.
    But he's not winning a state title at Marshall County just like he wasn't at Adair.

  3. #18
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    20,742

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    But he's not winning a state title at Marshall County just like he wasn't at Adair.
    I said they are not state contenders but Marshall is far from an average program.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    349

    Gallatin Co. has to feel good about their chances next year.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Posts
    556

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    But he's not winning a state title at Marshall County just like he wasn't at Adair.
    But he’s assured to play in the Hoopfest... That exposure is a bigger deal individually. Can’t really get much better during a high school season. That’s the same reason JCPS kids should look harder at Fairdale. KOB is worth it.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,246

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopJunkie View Post
    But he’s assured to play in the Hoopfest... That exposure is a bigger deal individually. Can’t really get much better during a high school season. That’s the same reason JCPS kids should look harder at Fairdale. KOB is worth it.
    Zion doesn’t need Hoopfest for attention from colleges.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    May 18
    Location
    Brooksville
    Posts
    150

    It specifically says in the KHSAA handbook you will not be eligible “If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire to participate in athletics at the new school;”

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    349

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopJunkie View Post
    But he’s assured to play in the Hoopfest... That exposure is a bigger deal individually. Can’t really get much better during a high school season. That’s the same reason JCPS kids should look harder at Fairdale. KOB is worth it.
    He's already one of the best players in his class, plays in the Nike EYBL, he doesn't need extra exposure. He needs players that can support him, but they're not at Marshall Co.

  9. #24
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    19,389

    Quote Originally Posted by One Great Scorer View Post
    It specifically says in the KHSAA handbook you will not be eligible “If the change in schools is motivated in whole or part by a desire to participate in athletics at the new school;”
    A court will overturn it every time if the KHSAA rules ineligible on a transfer, so what does it really matter.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    227

    ^^^^^^

    If the Kids family physically moves to Marshall County then the KHSAA has no grounds to stand on and wouldn’t even rule ineligible because they know would be eligible in court.

    Trace Young played at 4 Kentucky High schools. Has anyone else played for more?

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,246

    Didn't the KHSAA once rule Euton and Jackson ineligible when they moved to Scott County?

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    227

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    Didn't the KHSAA once rule Euton and Jackson ineligible when they moved to Scott County?
    Not sure. Only high profile kid I have ever known to be ruled ineligible and stay ineligible was Darryl Hicks when he moved from a Shelby Co to Trinity.

    Hicks scores 30+ vs Ballard as a freshman at state before transferring and sitting out his whole sophomore season at Trinity and playing just his final two years where he would go on to win the 2012 state title with Trinity. His senior season in 2013 they lost to again Ballard in the regional final.

    He only played three seasons in high school, once he won it all, the other two times Ballard ended his season.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    227

    2014-2015, DJ Jenkins played at Harrison county then his senior season moved to Scott County and played. He played a handful of games for the Cardinals and was then ruled ineligible so he went back to Harrison county and finished his senior season on the court.

    Jenkins played 10 games for Scott County and 17 for Harrison including a 1 point regional semi final loss. Ironically Jenkins averaged 14.3 ppg for both teams

  14. #29
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,722

    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsKnowItAll View Post
    ^^^^^^

    If the Kids family physically moves to Marshall County then the KHSAA has no grounds to stand on and wouldn’t even rule ineligible because they know would be eligible in court.

    Trace Young played at 4 Kentucky High schools. Has anyone else played for more?
    If the family or player announces beforehand that the move is for athletic reasons it is definitely a direct violation of KHSAA rules. The KHSAA has grounds to rule him ineligible according to their By-Laws/Rules that every school agrees to abide by in order to be a member of the organization. If schools know this in advance why would they want to challenge it in court, which I'm not naive, I know it has been abused by schools for years using the courts to bypass the rules that they signed off on.

  15. #30
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    20,742

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuttlesworth View Post
    He's already one of the best players in his class, plays in the Nike EYBL, he doesn't need extra exposure. He needs players that can support him, but they're not at Marshall Co.
    Marshall county has a solid class that will be juniors this upcoming year.

Top