Williamstown hires former UK guard Roger Harden

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 06
    Location
    The secret to basketball – and life – is "just to do the job to the best of your ability and don't worry about anything else."
    Posts
    4,677

    Williamstown hires former UK guard Roger Harden

    Williamstown hires former UK standout

    Interesting hire...
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    48,970

    Williamstown, which is in Grant County and competes in the 8th Region, hasn’t had a winning season since 2004-05.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 11
    Posts
    182

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Williamstown, which is in Grant County and competes in the 8th Region, hasn’t had a winning season since 2004-05.
    Very small school that puts more into the band than basketball. Lose many of their better players to neighboring schools. Mr. Hardin will have his work cut out for him.

  4. #4
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    48,970

    Does he have a teaching certificate?

  5. #5
    LCDAWGS19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    5,695

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Does he have a teaching certificate?
    If he does , I'm finding it hard to believe that he wouldn't have gotten a shot before now. Does he have ties to the area?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Posts
    229

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    If he does , I'm finding it hard to believe that he wouldn't have gotten a shot before now. Does he have ties to the area?
    Wife.

  7. #7
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    48,970

    Quote Originally Posted by BGCat View Post
    Wife.
    Will he be working in the school system?

  8. #8
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Heeeeeeaaaaaath
    Posts
    48,652

    As long as he doesn't run for public office, shoot deer out of a state sponsored vehicle, hire his girlfriend as his asst coach, buy huge flatscreens to watch the NCAA tourney in every room, I think he'll be just fine.

  9. #9
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    12,269

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Will he be working in the school system?
    To my knowledge I don't think he has too, to be a coach in this district.

  10. #10
    plantmanky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the Garden
    Posts
    12,269

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Will he be working in the school system?
    To my knowledge I don't think he has too, to be a coach in this district.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 12
    Posts
    53

    Quote Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
    To my knowledge I don't think he has too, to be a coach in this district.

    You are correct. I don't think you have to be in any district as long as it was posted and nobody in the school system excepted, you can go outside the school system at that point.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Northern Ky.
    Posts
    5,004

    So what's his basketball background, other than playing for UK 30 year's ago?

  13. #13
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    48,970

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    So what's his basketball background, other than playing for UK 30 year's ago?
    Read somewhere where he coached some AAU.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Northern Ky.
    Posts
    5,004

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Read somewhere where he coached some AAU.

    Thanks for the help.

  15. #15
    LCDAWGS19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    5,695

    Quote Originally Posted by BGCat View Post
    Wife.
    That was my first guess, thanks!

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    4,232

    Quote Originally Posted by BGCat View Post
    Wife.
    Does his wife teach there?

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    4,232

    Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents...95 View Post
    You are correct. I don't think you have to be in any district as long as it was posted and nobody in the school system excepted, you can go outside the school system at that point.
    I thought the JV coach (Mason) applied. Kind of surprised that he didn't get it.

  18. #18
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    83,116

    My aging memory tells me the last time I heard about Roger was in regards to suing the KHSAA or something along those lines about his son's eligibility in Lexington.

    Am I close to being correct?

  19. #19
    Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    83,116

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    My aging memory tells me the last time I heard about Roger was in regards to suing the KHSAA or something along those lines about his son's eligibility in Lexington.

    Am I close to being correct?
    Found it.

    Former UK athlete sues board

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 11
    Posts
    182

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Makes me wonder if he has any younger kids who will be in school at Williamstown.

Top