Where will the 35th District Tournament be held?

  1. #1
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Where will the 35th District Tournament be held?

    I know Beechwood is the host school but has anything been determined yet?
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Posts
    141

    Holmes

  3. #3
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Holmes
    If this is accurate this can not make HC happy since they have to play Holmes on their home floor in the first game of the district.

  4. #4
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Why wouldn't they host it on their home floor?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Posts
    141

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    Why wouldn't they host it on their home floor?
    Money!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 14
    Posts
    141

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    If this is accurate this can not make HC happy since they have to play Holmes on their home floor in the first game of the district.
    Its accurate and and as far as HC\Holmes all seeding games have not been played yet.

  7. #7
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Its accurate and and as far as HC\Holmes all seeding games have not been played yet.
    True all the seeding games haven't been played yet, but when they are completed it will be the following:

    #1 HC vs #4 Holmes
    #2 CovCath vs #3 Beechwood

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    82

    Beechwood would not be able to hold enough people, they would turn too many away.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballfan97 View Post
    Beechwood would not be able to hold enough people, they would turn too many away.
    If BW is able to make considerably more money then I get their desire to move it. If it's not much more I'd keep it at BW. My desire to have my team play on its home court would outweigh my concern about not being able to find enough seats or parking.

  10. #10
    Walter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 09
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    15,299

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    If BW is able to make considerably more money then I get their desire to move it. If it's not much more I'd keep it at BW. My desire to have my team play on its home court would outweigh my concern about not being able to find enough seats or parking.
    Beechwood doesn't pay a dime to use Holmes' gym when they host the district tournament there. I don't know what the deal is as far as concessions go, but on attendance alone, they will likely double what they would have made by keeping it at BW.

    I am interested to know who made the final decision though because my understanding was that Goetz wanted to keep it at BW. Maybe someone with more info there can chime in.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Beechwood doesn't pay a dime to use Holmes' gym when they host the district tournament there. I don't know what the deal is as far as concessions go, but on attendance alone, they will likely double what they would have made by keeping it at BW.
    Cool.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    May 15
    Posts
    82

    Your right Coach Goetz wanted it at beechwood. He didn't care how many people got turned away. The AD wanted to go to a bigger place. Beechwood had there best game game home, why wouldn't they want to play there. to some people money is all that matters.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    5,159

    To most schools today, money matters a lot!

  14. #14
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    IMO: Post season tournaments should always be played at bigger venues to accommodate the fans. If you are a good enough team, you should be able to win anywhere.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Latonia
    Posts
    1,585

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    IMO: Post season tournaments should always be played at bigger venues to accommodate the fans. If you are a good enough team, you should be able to win anywhere.
    I agree, if no one has home court advantage. For example have the 35th at Conner every year; 33rd at Holmes etc. With the way the rule is now however, Beechwood has every right to host the Disctrict at their gym.

Top