Where will the 35th District Tournament be held?

Page 2 of I know Beechwood is the host school but has anything been determined yet?... 28 comments | 1973 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by AirYardGo View Post
    I agree, if no one has home court advantage. For example have the 35th at Conner every year; 33rd at Holmes etc. With the way the rule is now however, Beechwood has every right to host the Disctrict at their gym.
    I like your idea of moving the districts to other bigger gyms and not giving anyone home court advantage.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    So is it at Holmes or BW?

  3. #18
    statman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Covington, KY
    Posts
    2,904

    Beechwood and I couldn't be happier

  4. #19
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,586

    I understand bother sides of their dilemma. I'm not one to believe the brick and mortar of Ellis FH is the reason for the Bulldogs' success, it's their roster. They're a 4 seed for a reason in 2016.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    51

    Games will be played at Beechwood!

  6. #21

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    I have no confirmation on this but one report says that they did not do a blind draw. First option was to have each team vote for who they thought was #1. Report says the coaches voted CCH #1 which means they get Holmes.

    Again, unconfirmed.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Feb 14
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,486

    If this is true, I find this process to be quite interesting.

    If I am Holy Cross, or Beechwood, I definitely vote CCH as the #1. This ensures I would not see them until the District Finals, which IMO, also gives both of these schools their best shot at getting to Regionals.

  8. #23
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,032

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I have no confirmation on this but one report says that they did not do a blind draw. First option was to have each team vote for who they thought was #1. Report says the coaches voted CCH #1 which means they get Holmes.

    Again, unconfirmed.
    I've never heard of teams ranking one another. Either it is seeded or blind draw.

    I also dont think you can change it for this year. When you vote at your district meeting it is for next year.

  9. #24
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16 View Post
    I've never heard of teams ranking one another. Either it is seeded or blind draw.

    I also dont think you can change it for this year. When you vote at your district meeting it is for next year.
    I agree with you. It also sounds like HC & Beechwood are scared to play Holmes or CovCath and by doing it this way gives them the best chance to make it to the regional.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Latonia
    Posts
    1,585

    I checked the KHSAA website and the coaches vote is the three way tie breaking mechanism, if there is still a tie, then it's a blind draw.

    I think Bwood and HC voted CCH #1 to ensure playing one another. Just speculation I have no idea how the vote went

  11. #26
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,254

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I have no confirmation on this but one report says that they did not do a blind draw. First option was to have each team vote for who they thought was #1. Report says the coaches voted CCH #1 which means they get Holmes.

    Again, unconfirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Card View Post
    If this is true, I find this process to be quite interesting.

    If I am Holy Cross, or Beechwood, I definitely vote CCH as the #1. This ensures I would not see them until the District Finals, which IMO, also gives both of these schools their best shot at getting to Regionals.
    I agree with Yellow Card. That seems like an odd approach to adopt.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Latonia
    Posts
    1,585

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    I agree with you. It also sounds like HC & Beechwood are scared to play Holmes or CovCath and by doing it this way gives them the best chance to make it to the regional.
    Yeah they were shaking!! Lol

  13. #28
    Tiger1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Posts
    4,833

    Quote Originally Posted by AirYardGo View Post
    I think Bwood and HC voted CCH #1 to ensure playing one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by AirYardGo View Post
    Yeah they were shaking!! Lol
    You said yourself they did it to play each other, so let's hear why they would do that if they weren't scared to play Holmes or CovCath?

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Latonia
    Posts
    1,585

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger1 View Post
    You said yourself they did it to play each other, so let's hear why they would do that?
    I have no idea how the vote went. Just speculation.

Top