1. #1
    Contest Mod DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    26,738

    Default Trinity 71 Scott County 53

    Game was not really in doubt after a strong first half run by Trinity and then they just kept pushing the lead in the second half. Trinity becomes the first team to get both a football title and the Sweet 16 title in the same school year. Trinity was the picture of dominance for most of the year and the entirety of this tournament. Congrats Trinity!

  2. #2
    Premium Member MNCM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    Have the maturity to know that sometimes silence is more powerful than having the last word.
    Posts
    3,601
    Congrats to Trinity!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Posts
    395
    Has to be one of the smallest crowds I can remember in a long time at the final game. Tons of empty seats in lower arena and upper deck pretty empty. Lack of statewide interest in these two teams and another game going on in Louisville that everyone interested in.

  4. #4
    Premium Member Livin' the Dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 12
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    30
    Congrats to Trinity! You could pretty much tell on after Thursday night that no one would be able to compete with the Shamrocks. Didn't figure there would be a "championship" crowd tonight. Can't wait until next year!

  5. #5
    Premium Member NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    2008 KHSAA Regional Champs
    Posts
    30,034
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Series View Post
    Has to be one of the smallest crowds I can remember in a long time at the final game. Tons of empty seats in lower arena and upper deck pretty empty. Lack of statewide interest in these two teams and another game going on in Louisville that everyone interested in.
    Similar to the '92 final. Lex Cath vs UHA while UK was playing Duke in the Elite 8.

  6. #6
    Premium Member spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Limit on the last day,,perfect.
    Posts
    39,897
    Congrats to Trinity. Wire to wire. Best team won, no doubt.

    Highlight of game for me was Scott Co student section midway thru 4th after conclusion was obvious chanting "you recruited".

    Thought I would swallow my gum!

  7. #7
    Premium Member Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    5,812
    The best team in the state won the State Tournament.

    Doesn't always happen, Congrats to the Rocks!!!!

  8. #8
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Livin' the Dream View Post
    Congrats to Trinity! You could pretty much tell on after Thursday night that no one would be able to compete with the Shamrocks. Didn't figure there would be a "championship" crowd tonight. Can't wait until next year!
    Seemed like Southwestern was giving them some competition. Trailed by 3 as 4th quarter started and only by 5 when their point guard got injured.

  9. #9
    Premium Member Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    19,575
    Ho hum state title for the Rocks.

    Can they repeat?

  10. #10
    Premium Member Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    65,091
    How is T's baseball team?

  11. #11
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    5,788
    Way to go, Rocks! You had the target on your back the entire year and never flinched. Had it not been for a last second 3 by SW, T would've won every Tourney game by double digits. Szabo did a great job. This is the first Jefferson County champion since.......when??

  12. #12
    Premium Member spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Limit on the last day,,perfect.
    Posts
    39,897
    Madison Central made them flinch. And next yr may make everyone flinch.

  13. #13
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    5,788
    That was a very iffy flinch.

  14. #14
    Premium Member spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Limit on the last day,,perfect.
    Posts
    39,897
    Perhaps. But trinity graduates an awful lot in comparison.

  15. #15
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Location
    The last "big town" before you leave Kentucky ...
    Posts
    22,986
    Quote Originally Posted by tcjkbt View Post
    Way to go, Rocks! You had the target on your back the entire year and never flinched. Had it not been for a last second 3 by SW, T would've won every Tourney game by double digits. Szabo did a great job. This is the first Jefferson County champion since.......when??
    Jeffersontown in 2006 ... Central was the runner-up in 2009 and Ballard was in 2010.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 06
    Posts
    852
    Congrats to T team
    First one is always toughest!
    T will be good next season but lose a lot in Dieudonne, Foster and Saxton
    I would say Ballard will be the team to beat from Louisville next year

  17. #17
    Premium Member spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Limit on the last day,,perfect.
    Posts
    39,897
    Quote Originally Posted by loubballfan View Post
    Congrats to T team
    First one is always toughest!
    T will be good next season but lose a lot in Dieudonne, Foster and Saxton
    I would say Ballard will be the team to beat from Louisville next year
    Ive heard that somewhere.

  18. #18
    Moderator PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    I'm a mirror.If you're cool then I'm cool.What you see is what you reflect.
    Posts
    50,339
    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Congrats to Trinity. Wire to wire. Best team won, no doubt.

    Highlight of game for me was Scott Co student section midway thru 4th after conclusion was obvious chanting "you recruited".

    Thought I would swallow my gum!

    Funniest moment of the night. Everyone sitting around me started laughing.

  19. #19
    Premium Member Hilltopper2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
    Congrats to Trinity. Wire to wire. Best team won, no doubt.

    Highlight of game for me was Scott Co student section midway thru 4th after conclusion was obvious chanting "you recruited".

    Thought I would swallow my gum!
    Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black, huh?
    TonyDanza likes this.

  20. #20
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    #L1C4, #Trinity Forever
    Posts
    41,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    How is T's baseball team?
    I know Coach Tompkins very well...I am sure he feels a bit of pressure right now....but shouldn't


Tags for this Thread