Top 25 Players in the last past 25 years(1980-2005) in your region??

Page 6 of Originally Posted by Latch My 9th region list: G-Dickey Beal/Holmes G-Scott Draud/Highlands G-Joe Harney/Holy Cross F-Jack Jennings/Holmes F-Derek Smit... 229 comments | 21711 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    Devil's Dome
    Posts
    4,392

    Quote Originally Posted by cshs81
    Great team. However, only one would make the individual list.
    Troy Mckinley, Right?
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    Devil's Dome
    Posts
    4,392

    10th region top 25 players IMO, 1980-2005

    Pendelton County- Talbert Turner

    Bracken County- Adam and Artie Enges, Stacy Florer, Tracey Florer, Tyler Bess, Jesse Hall

    Mason County- Chris Lofton, Deron Feldhaus, Shawn Myrick, Darius Miller, Wes Jones

    Paris-Alvin Simms

    Maysville High School(Bulldogs)-Greg Black

    Deming- Joe Mitchell, Tony King, Gayle Conley, Matthew Grayson, Darren Sutton, Travis Massey

    Nicholas County-Steve Anderson??(I think this his name).

    Harrison County-Cory Muntz

    Fleming County-Preston Marshall

    Augusta-Brian Kirk, Thomas Appleman

    This is my list.

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilman
    Troy Mckinley, Right?
    Correct.

  4. #79

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    KY:)
    Posts
    18,093

    Quote Originally Posted by Nets
    16th Region Top 25 in no particular order:

    O.J. Mayo--Rose Hill
    Marques Dawson--Rose Hill
    Kelly Wells--Rowan County
    Kyle Umberger--Ashland Blazer
    Mark Holbrook--Morgan County
    Jeremy Webb--West Carter
    June Bug Rakes--Boyd County
    Frank Lee--Boyd County
    Juan Thomas--Ashland Blazer
    Marty Thomas--Ashland Blazer
    Jackson Julson--East Carter
    Brandon Baker--East Carter
    Mark Hopkins--Morgan County
    Casey Lowe--West Carter
    Phillip Ratliff--Lawrence County
    Mike Helton--Fairview
    Mike Sutton--Greenup County
    Boo Williams--Greenup County
    Brace Stai--Boyd County
    John Stacy--Boyd County
    T.J. Lykins--Lewis County
    Greg Adkins--Rowan County
    Scott Humphrey--Russell
    Tyler Zornes--Boyd County
    Chris Jones--Russell

    Best Offensive Players: O.J. Mayo (Rose Hill), Jeremy Webb (West Carter), and Tyler Zornes (Boyd County)

    Best Defensive Players: Matthew Perry (Morgan County), Nathan Sutton (Greenup County), Daniel Griffith (Greenup County), Arliss Beach (Ashland Blazer)
    That is a great list. A couple of guys I thought of that could be argued off of the top of my head:
    Gerad Parker Lawrence Co
    Jimmy Spencer, Casey Sparks and Jason Goad Boyd Co
    Mike Scott Greenup Co
    Jason Green West Carter
    Eddie Hale East Carter
    Steve Trivette Rowan Co

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Northern Ky.
    Posts
    5,026

    Quote Originally Posted by 83birds
    Scott Benton was the kid from Walton. And if we are creating a list of players from the last 25 years there is no way that Willie Schlarman is not on this list. Possibly even Tom Freppon from NCC.

    Sure there is, they weren't among the 25 best.

  6. #81
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    32,276

    9th Region - Top 25 - Alphabetical Order

    Dicky Beal
    Mike Brock
    Todd Clark
    Ronny Dawn
    David Dinn
    Justin Doellman
    Scott Draud
    Todd Etler
    Joe Harney
    Al Huff
    Jack Jennings
    Jesse Jett
    Jeff Krohman
    Brian Lewin
    Andy Listerman
    Jared Lorenzen
    Andre McClendon
    Troy McKinley
    Ross Neltner (Mr. Basketball)
    Matt Nestheide
    Rob Padgett
    Charles Sheffield
    Derek Smith
    Brendan Stowers
    Scott Thomas

  7. #82
    The Scribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Somewhere between Possum Trot and Black Gnat
    Posts
    30,165

    Quote Originally Posted by train3399
    Great list but the best lately, not included on the list...
    Ravi Moss UHA, belongs over a few of those on the list.
    Phillip Cotton Dawson Springs, led the state in scoring as a senior.
    Rashidian Allen Providence, was a handfull.
    Albert Jackson Hopkins County Central, was an impact player for a few years.
    Matt Fraliex Caldwell County, will replace someone real soon on pace to outscore cousin and coach Michael Frailex.
    Who would you replace on the list with any of these?

  8. #83
    raiderbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In enemy territory scouting for the future..
    Posts
    9,664

    ttt

  9. #84
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    51,980

    Here's a 10th Region list from another perspective:

    Augusta: Brian Kirk

    Bishop Brossart: Evan McDole

    Bourbon County: Corey Williams

    Campbell County: Kevin Reinhardt

    Clark County: Dante Gay

    Fleming County: Robbie Graham, Presley Marshall

    Harrison County: Jerry Fogle, Clay Muntz

    Mason County: Deron Feldhaus, Dustin Grutza, Wes Jones, Chris Lofton, Shawn Myrick, Timmy Myrick

    Maysville: Pat Moore

    Montgomery County: Billy Ray Fawns, Ken Lee

    Nicholas County: Daniel Brown

    Paris: Brett Eades, Alvin Simms

    Pendleton County: Jon Elrod, Talbert Turner

    St. Patrick: Jay Gast

    Tollesboro: Chris Harrison

    Sorry Devilman, no one from Bracken County or Deming make my list (12 of your top 25 came from these two schools - give me a break; I don't think Deming or Bracken County has even made it to a regional final in the last 25 years, although my memory gets worse all the time). I'll take a front line of McDole, Reinhardt and Graham, with Timmy Myrick and Fogle at guard and if I can't beat any combination of your Deming and Bracken County guys by 20 every time, I should be sitting at home watching TV with the recently unemployed Coach Van Gundy and his family.

    Not that those (Deming and Bracken County) guys weren't/arent nice ball players; but should they represent a 10th Region all-star team of the last quarter century? Doubtful.

    Again, Devilman loves his Black Devils (and evidently the Polar Bears as well), but sometimes needs a reality check.

    Good luck against Nicholas County!

  10. #85
    EQUUS GREVYI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,588

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy
    Dicky Beal
    Mike Brock
    Todd Clark
    Ronny Dawn
    David Dinn
    Justin Doellman
    Scott Draud
    Todd Etler
    Joe Harney
    Al Huff
    Jack Jennings
    Jesse Jett
    Jeff Krohman
    Brian Lewin
    Andy Listerman
    Jared Lorenzen
    Andre McClendon
    Troy McKinley
    Ross Neltner (Mr. Basketball)
    Matt Nestheide
    Rob Padgett
    Charles Sheffield
    Derek Smith
    Brendan Stowers
    Scott Thomas
    This is a pretty good list but would replace Todd Etler, Jesse Jett, Jeff Krohman, Al Huff and Charles Sheffield with better players. Perhaps Don Turney (covcath), John Brannen (newcath), Chris Haynes (Scott- based solely on talent not attitude), Schlarmann (highlands), Freppon (newcath), or Dave Moeves (boone co.)

  11. #86
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    Quote Originally Posted by EQUUS GREVYI
    This is a pretty good list but would replace Todd Etler, Jesse Jett, Jeff Krohman, Al Huff and Charles Sheffield with better players. Perhaps Don Turney (covcath), John Brannen (newcath), Chris Haynes (Scott- based solely on talent not attitude), Schlarmann (highlands), Freppon (newcath), or Dave Moeves (boone co.)
    Hayes from Holmes in the early 90's is without a doubt at top 25.

  12. #87
    Latch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 04
    Location
    LAT
    Posts
    3,422

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCrazy
    Dicky Beal
    Mike Brock
    Todd Clark
    Ronny Dawn
    David Dinn
    Justin Doellman
    Scott Draud
    Todd Etler
    Joe Harney
    Al Huff
    Jack Jennings
    Jesse Jett
    Jeff Krohman
    Brian Lewin
    Andy Listerman
    Jared Lorenzen
    Andre McClendon
    Troy McKinley
    Ross Neltner (Mr. Basketball)
    Matt Nestheide
    Rob Padgett
    Charles Sheffield
    Derek Smith
    Brendan Stowers
    Scott Thomas
    At the risk of sounding like a homer I would incude Erik Goetz in front of some of these players.

  13. #88
    U Reach I Teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    In Cahoots
    Posts
    1,724

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa
    Here's a 10th Region list from another perspective:

    Augusta: Brian Kirk

    Bishop Brossart: Evan McDole

    Bourbon County: Corey Williams

    Campbell County: Kevin Reinhardt

    Clark County: Dante Gay

    Fleming County: Robbie Graham, Presley Marshall

    Harrison County: Jerry Fogle, Clay Muntz

    Mason County: Deron Feldhaus, Dustin Grutza, Wes Jones, Chris Lofton, Shawn Myrick, Timmy Myrick

    Maysville: Pat Moore

    Montgomery County: Billy Ray Fawns, Ken Lee

    Nicholas County: Daniel Brown

    Paris: Brett Eades, Alvin Simms

    Pendleton County: Jon Elrod, Talbert Turner

    St. Patrick: Jay Gast

    Tollesboro: Chris Harrison

    Sorry Devilman, no one from Bracken County or Deming make my list (12 of your top 25 came from these two schools - give me a break; I don't think Deming or Bracken County has even made it to a regional final in the last 25 years, although my memory gets worse all the time). I'll take a front line of McDole, Reinhardt and Graham, with Timmy Myrick and Fogle at guard and if I can't beat any combination of your Deming and Bracken County guys by 20 every time, I should be sitting at home watching TV with the recently unemployed Coach Van Gundy and his family.

    Not that those (Deming and Bracken County) guys weren't/arent nice ball players; but should they represent a 10th Region all-star team of the last quarter century? Doubtful.

    Again, Devilman loves his Black Devils (and evidently the Polar Bears as well), but sometimes needs a reality check.

    Good luck against Nicholas County!

    When you are talking about the top 25 I believe that any current player isnt deserving to be one of the best. They have to put in their time yet.


    Bracken - Mark Tucker, Adam Reed
    Paris - Quentin Sims, Corey Dumphord
    Deming - Stephen Staggs
    St. Pat - Josh Owens, Jordan Owens
    Augusta - Robin Kelsch, Patrick Kelsch
    Montgomery - Ryan Steger
    Harrison Co. - Marvin Boyers

    Just a few no one has mentioned

  14. #89
    U Reach I Teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    In Cahoots
    Posts
    1,724

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilman
    10th region top 25 players IMO, 1980-2005

    Pendelton County- Talbert Turner

    Bracken County- Adam and Artie Enges, Stacy Florer, Tracey Florer, Tyler Bess, Jesse Hall

    Mason County- Chris Lofton, Deron Feldhaus, Shawn Myrick, Darius Miller, Wes Jones

    Paris-Alvin Simms

    Maysville High School(Bulldogs)-Greg Black

    Deming- Joe Mitchell, Tony King, Gayle Conley, Matthew Grayson, Darren Sutton, Travis Massey

    Nicholas County-Steve Anderson??(I think this his name).

    Harrison County-Cory Muntz

    Fleming County-Preston Marshall

    Augusta-Brian Kirk, Thomas Appleman

    This is my list.

    HERE IS WHAT GETS ME??? Devilman is supposed to be DEMING through and through and doesnt have one of their best ever on that list.. What about Stephen Staggs?

  15. #90
    BigStud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 05
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    4,473

    I agree Latch.

    Goetz was better than Stowers,Nesthiede,Andy Listerman,Al Huff

Top