St. Henry 91 Newport 77

  1. #1
    Randy Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Location
    In the snow, laying there like a slug
    Posts
    68,849

    St. Henry 91 Newport 77

    Final per the scoreboard.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Lot of points for the Cru!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,462

    I was told Hollis did not play, is this true?

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Posts
    59

    I think a couple players were held out, coaches decision is what I was told by a Newport fan. Sometime in the second half it appeared one of them left the bench for the locker room and then left gym loudly. Not sure of the circumstances involved.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Posts
    59

    Newport had a couple of underclassman shoot the ball really well from outside the 3 point line. #4 shot the ball extremely well, I think he is a freshman. Made some deep threes in both JV and Varsity.

  6. #6
    B-Ball-fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Posts
    13,787

    Not surprised that the Cru won this as they've quietly won 10 of their last 13 games since beating Lexington Catholic, and Newport has been streaky and has lost 7 of their last 9.

    I am surprised by St. Henry scoring north of 90 points when they typically average around 60.

    Sounds like the Cru is peaking at the right time after starting their season at 2-10.

  7. #7
    hoops5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 10
    Posts
    16,440

    Nice win, Cru!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Big Bone, KY
    Posts
    2,262

    Most points scored by the Crusaders since 2002 is what i could find. I think someone said in another thread that Newports defense leaves a lot to be desired.
    Hollis and Mullins were on the bench in warmups. Covington didn't start but played a bit.
    Maley was hot in the first half for St.Henry making 5 3's. I would guess that Goetz had 25ish again. Hanover was there to watch him again. Wallenhorst with a nice game and was very efficient. Don't think I'd seen it before…he had a breakaway and made a layup with an intentional foul. Shot 2 foul shots. I couldn't remember seeing that before.
    Snapp and Davis played well for the Wildcats.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    620

    Quote Originally Posted by StXBomber88 View Post
    I think a couple players were held out, coaches decision is what I was told by a Newport fan. Sometime in the second half it appeared one of them left the bench for the locker room and then left gym loudly. Not sure of the circumstances involved.
    Not a good sign for Newport if that is correct. I hope they can pull together by the time district play begins. I go back to the days of Bob Vanderpool as the head coach, always loved competing against his Newport teams in the mid 1970s. Bob's teams always were tough to beat, never easy to defeat them in the old 'Cats Den. That gym was great to play in!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,218

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jim View Post
    Most points scored by the Crusaders since 2002 is what i could find. I think someone said in another thread that Newports defense leaves a lot to be desired. Hollis and Mullins were on the bench in warmups. Covington didn't start but played a bit. Maley was hot in the first half for St.Henry making 5 3's. I would guess that Goetz had 25ish again. Hanover was there to watch him again. Wallenhorst with a nice game and was very efficient. Don't think I'd seen it before…he had a breakaway and made a layup with an intentional foul. Shot 2 foul shots. I couldn't remember seeing that before. Snapp and Davis played well for the Wildcats.

    Penalty for intentional is 2 shots AND the ball. Doesn't matter if the shot went in.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Big Bone, KY
    Posts
    2,262

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Penalty for intentional is 2 shots AND the ball. Doesn't matter if the shot went in.
    Thats what happened. Just can't remember ever seeing it with a made basket.

  12. #12
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Quote Originally Posted by StXBomber88 View Post
    I think a couple players were held out, coaches decision is what I was told by a Newport fan. Sometime in the second half it appeared one of them left the bench for the locker room and then left gym loudly. Not sure of the circumstances involved.
    This is the type of behavior that should be punished to the fullest degree. No player should act this way, showing up the coach and embarrassing the school. Kick them off the team.. Teach these kids some life lessons instead of smacking them on the hand and saying its okay Lil Johnny we know you have a rough home life. Kids that act like this generally end up incarcerated. No respect for authority.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,369

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jim View Post
    Thats what happened. Just can't remember ever seeing it with a made basket.
    I guess is wasn't a very good intentional foul?

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,462

    Quote Originally Posted by Qryche11 View Post
    This is the type of behavior that should be punished to the fullest degree. No player should act this way, showing up the coach and embarrassing the school. Kick them off the team.. Teach these kids some life lessons instead of smacking them on the hand and saying its okay Lil Johnny we know you have a rough home life. Kids that act like this generally end up incarcerated. No respect for authority.
    While we don't know all the circumstances involved......I would have to agree, especially if this behavior is from the same individual. 1st time you get a free pass with a stern warning it will be the last. The next time it happens......thanks for playing, you can pick up your parting gifts on the way out.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 13
    Posts
    292

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy13 View Post
    While we don't know all the circumstances involved......I would have to agree, especially if this behavior is from the same individual. 1st time you get a free pass with a stern warning it will be the last. The next time it happens......thanks for playing, you can pick up your parting gifts on the way out.
    I am uneasy about pushing this thread further in its current direction but I'm also genuinely curious about how different programs handle disciplinary issues. Am I right in recalling that Hollis and Mullins each have had one team suspension already this season?

Top