Southwestern 55 Boyle County 47

Page 4 of Final... 79 comments | 3782 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,359

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange View Post
    We will see you next week Purple Pride!!! Hope for a good game!
    I'd love a rematch in March. With Southwestern and West Jessamine. Good luck the rest of the season.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Apr 15
    Posts
    189

    It would be something to see southwestern and Taylor county play the way they both act. Players and coaches

  3. #48

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    60

    It be a great game......don't let one or two fans give Southwestern a bad name. Tempers only flare at Boylr it seems. A lot of last night could have been avoided on both sides.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    110

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange View Post
    It be a great game......don't let one or two fans give Southwestern a bad name. Tempers only flare at Boylr it seems. A lot of last night could have been avoided on both sides.
    Why only at Boyle?

  5. #50
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,359

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange View Post
    It be a great game......don't let one or two fans give Southwestern a bad name. Tempers only flare at Boylr it seems. A lot of last night could have been avoided on both sides.
    No argument there. However, when Coach Adams was asking who called him the derogatory name he was called no one apologized or offered up any explanation. The reply was "get out of here". It's our gym. We don't have to go anywhere and after that I don't know what anyone expected to happen after that. After hearing that I was quick to jump up and support our coach in whatever capacity needed. And I'd do it again. If something stupid happens I'd rather it involve me than anyone on our coaching staff. If the disrespect is that real on our home court and evident like it was last night then the same thing will likely happen again. I will always defend the basketball staff at Boyle County and I'll always be there for them.

  6. #51
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,359

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Why only at Boyle?
    Maaaannnn, EVERYBODY hates us.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    168

    Adams has to be better than that. No response is best. I'm sure he's not the first coach to ever have a derogatory comment fired his way........it comes with the territory. And if you are a really good coach then you will hear more of it, take it as a compliment. If you react/respond then you are a Pitino leaving Rupp.

  8. #53

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    110

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Maaaannnn, EVERYBODY hates us.
    Didnt mean it in a derogatory way...just didnt understand it.. Heck ya... Always support ur people. Absolutely agree!

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Feb 16
    Posts
    60

    In coaching you have to have thick skin, the coach kept glaring in the stands, in doing that you're going to get a reaction.

    The fan who made the initial comment had already walked out of the gym so therefore the rest of the fans really didn't understand why Coach Adams kept staring. Then things went downhill, once the coach left the clock keeper made things worse and then went on to yell at a female parent which made things that much worse on the SW side. Hope to see you all again in Region. I'm probably replying to
    The clock keeper as we speak, we were told to go back to Somerset which is where we were going. Don't let a few fans portray the whole fan base. Hope you guys make region. Should be fun on a neutral site.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    110

    Quote Originally Posted by 23Legend View Post
    Adams has to be better than that. No response is best. I'm sure he's not the first coach to ever have a derogatory comment fired his way........it comes with the territory. And if you are a really good coach then you will hear more of it, take it as a compliment. If you react/respond then you are a Pitino leaving Rupp.
    Disagree with that. Fans should never yell at another teams players or coaches...especially after a game.

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Jan 16
    Posts
    110

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange View Post
    In coaching you have to have thick skin, the coach kept glaring in the stands, in doing that you're going to get a reaction.

    The fan who made the initial comment had already walked out of the gym so therefore the rest of the fans really didn't understand why Coach Adams kept staring. Then things went downhill, once the coach left the clock keeper made things worse and then went on to yell at a female parent which made things that much worse on the SW side. Hope to see you all again in Region. I'm probably replying to
    The clock keeper as we speak, we were told to go back to Somerset which is where we were going. Don't let a few fans portray the whole fan base. Hope you guys make region. Should be fun on a neutral site.
    Good explanation Blue and Orange.. Now it makes a little more sense...too bad things like that happen but HS sports is competitve and its hard to just flip that switch to "off" as soon as the game is over

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Nov 15
    Posts
    168

    They shouldn't but they do. Happens at every level. If a coach reacted to people in the stands then it would turn into the Pacers and Ron Artest almost every game. Your always gonna have "that guy" show up in the stands.

  13. #58
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,359

    Quote Originally Posted by 23Legend View Post
    Adams has to be better than that. No response is best. I'm sure he's not the first coach to ever have a derogatory comment fired his way........it comes with the territory. And if you are a really good coach then you will hear more of it, take it as a compliment. If you react/respond then you are a Pitino leaving Rupp.
    Easier said than done. Emotions are high immediately after the game and it wasn't like it was a packed house. It was easy to hear and hard to ignore. Coaches and players are always out on front street and are always expected to act a certain way but everyone has their breaking point. In this situation Coach Adams didn't do anything more than ask a few questions before heading to the other end of the gym. I don't know about you but if someone is talking crazy to me then I am going to ask them some questions to. I don't care who it is or where we are.

  14. #59
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,359

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Didnt mean it in a derogatory way...just didnt understand it.. Heck ya... Always support ur people. Absolutely agree!
    I know you didn't. Just an observation I've noticed.

  15. #60
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,359

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange View Post
    In coaching you have to have thick skin, the coach kept glaring in the stands, in doing that you're going to get a reaction.

    The fan who made the initial comment had already walked out of the gym so therefore the rest of the fans really didn't understand why Coach Adams kept staring. Then things went downhill, once the coach left the clock keeper made things worse and then went on to yell at a female parent which made things that much worse on the SW side. Hope to see you all again in Region. I'm probably replying to
    The clock keeper as we speak, we were told to go back to Somerset which is where we were going. Don't let a few fans portray the whole fan base. Hope you guys make region. Should be fun on a neutral site.
    Well at first I was yelling at the entire fan base screaming at us to get out of here. In our own gym. Then I was yelling at the dude in the black sweatshirt who ran down the bleachers all big and bad after the cops created the barrier and then I yelled at the woman screaming at me on how to pronounce Somerset. Would there not have been immediate peace if folks would have gotten in their cars and gone back to Somerset?

    Just saying.


    Good luck the rest of the season. Would love to see you guys again.

Top