Simon Kenton 85 Dixie Heights 66

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Taylor Mill
    Posts
    9,756

    Simon Kenton 85 Dixie Heights 66

    Final...
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    gold sunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 02
    Location
    Winchester
    Posts
    55,264

    Is SK getting better and DH going down hill?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    4,231

    Quote Originally Posted by gold sunrise View Post
    Is SK getting better and DH going down hill?
    I think the answer is "yes" to both.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Taylor Mill
    Posts
    9,756

    SK is just a better team than Dixie. Outside of a bad Grant loss this is the SK team we've seen for the last month plus.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    Land of Lakes
    Posts
    1,951

    SK played very well tonight. They out hustled Dixie and shot lights out. Dixie played with zero heart and could not buy a basket. It was just one of those games. Is SK better than Dixie? They were tonight. But just like when Dixie beat Scott by 19 points this year, it didn't mean Dixie "is just a better team" than Scott. It was just one of those games. I'd be surprised to find out that SK makes that many 3s every game. This was the first game ever that I've seen Hatton shoot, not one, but 2 air balls from 3 pt land. And it wasn't just Brandon. We had several players miss wide open layups. Bottom line, SK played very well tonight and deserved the "W." Congrats to them.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,217

    Quote Originally Posted by ennam_iv View Post
    SK played very well tonight. They out hustled Dixie and shot lights out. Dixie played with zero heart and could not buy a basket. It was just one of those games. Is SK better than Dixie? They were tonight. But just like when Dixie beat Scott by 19 points this year, it didn't mean Dixie "is just a better team" than Scott. It was just one of those games. I'd be surprised to find out that SK makes that many 3s every game. This was the first game ever that I've seen Hatton shoot, not one, but 2 air balls from 3 pt land. And it wasn't just Brandon. We had several players miss wide open layups. Bottom line, SK played very well tonight and deserved the "W." Congrats to them.
    So Dixie can't play with heart against a huge rival? I'm struggling with that one.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Taylor Mill
    Posts
    9,756

    Yeah, sorry but SK also beat that Scott team.

    Brandon finished with 31 so I'm not buying that "off theory".

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    Land of Lakes
    Posts
    1,951

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    So Dixie can't play with heart against a huge rival? I'm struggling with that one.
    When you play 2 JRs and the rest are Sophomores SK is not even on the radar. Those young kids have no idea of any rivalry that may have existed in the past. There is no rivalry right now... except in the old folks' heads.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Taylor Mill
    Posts
    9,756

    I don't have what SK shot from deep but I'd venture to say it was close to their average... I know it wasn't Sampsons best shooting day.

    He's already had a 8-10 three point shooting day where he started 7-7.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    Land of Lakes
    Posts
    1,951

    Quote Originally Posted by PutMeInCoach View Post
    Yeah, sorry but SK also beat that Scott team.

    Brandon finished with 31 so I'm not buying that "off theory".
    If he wasn't off tonight he would have gone for about 50 plus, so yeah, against that team it was an off night.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Taylor Mill
    Posts
    9,756

    Quote Originally Posted by ennam_iv View Post

    When you play 2 JRs and the rest are Sophomores SK is not even on the radar. Those young kids have no idea of any rivalry that may have existed in the past. There is no rivalry right now... except in the old folks' heads.
    Bull.. Same could be said for SK vs Scott and its still a big game for each team.

    SK vs Dixie fits in the same category.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Taylor Mill
    Posts
    9,756

    Quote Originally Posted by ennam_iv View Post

    If he wasn't off tonight he would have gone for about 50 plus, so yeah, against that team it was an off night.
    Right. Has Brandon ever went for 50+ against any team? I know you're upset right now but let's not be ignorant.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    Land of Lakes
    Posts
    1,951

    Quote Originally Posted by PutMeInCoach View Post
    Bull.. Same could be said for SK vs Scott and its still a big game for each team.

    SK vs Dixie fits in the same category.
    In your head maybe. But that's because of the past. With them being in a different region these young kids don't look at it like that. Sorry.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    Taylor Mill
    Posts
    9,756

    Quote Originally Posted by ennam_iv View Post

    In your head maybe. But that's because of the past. With them being in a different region these young kids don't look at it like that. Sorry.
    SK and Scott are in different regions. They're all are in the same county, it's still a rivalry. Dixie has had the upper hand of late, not this time...

  15. #15

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,217

    Quote Originally Posted by ennam_iv View Post
    When you play 2 JRs and the rest are Sophomores SK is not even on the radar. Those young kids have no idea of any rivalry that may have existed in the past. There is no rivalry right now... except in the old folks' heads.
    Really? So geography is problem for them?

    Come on. No excuses for being flat against SK. One , they're good. Two, they're a big rival.

    I knew who Conner's rivals were when I was in 5th grade.

Top