Silver Grove 76 Covington Latin 51

Page 2 of Final from SG. Spencer Macke with 33 points and 21 rebounds. Advertisement 0 0 0    ... 36 comments | 6032 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    JackieMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    330

    Quote Originally Posted by XregCoach View Post
    *Sigh* You clearly haven't seen Rusch in AAU then.
    You are right - I have not seen Rusch play but I would like to! The numbers he is putting up are amazing. I am sure he is a great player and a fine young man.

    The whole situation with Macke playing at 3 schools in NKY in 3 years is bothersome. It is likely not the young man's fault but it is still annoying. It looks like he has finally found a place to play and will get the chance to put up some numbers so I guess that is good for him!
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    88,424

    Isn’t Latin the school where everyone is 15-16 years old when they graduate?

  3. #18
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,638

    Ballin’ against 12 year olds. Legit.

  4. #19
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    60,571

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Isn’t Latin the school where everyone is 15-16 years old when they graduate?
    Something along those lines. Kinda the anti Parker/PP institution.

















    LOL

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 18
    Location
    Nky
    Posts
    387

    Does anyone remember when Justin and Corey Pelle were not good enough to play for Campbell County?
    It worked out for them. Best of luck to the young man.

  6. #21
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    31,145

    Congrats Spencer. Good stories someday for Tricia's grandkids.

    Seriously, I have no problem with a kid pursuing that once in a lifetime opportunity. I often wonder why more kids don't do this. Leave the big school and go someplace where you can play and enjoy your chosen high school sport. I have often said that you could make up a team of kids who got cut from Covington Catholic basketball that would be a better than .500 team. So more power to Spencer and other kids who just want to enjoy the experience of playing high school sports.

  7. #22
    TheDeuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Location
    It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am." - Muhammad Ali
    Posts
    52,638

    Quote Originally Posted by One Great Scorer View Post
    I think Macke and Rusch would start for not all, but most of the teams in the 10th Region. They are good players.
    Then why did Macke leave Highlands?

  8. #23
    JackieMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 18
    Posts
    330

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Congrats Spencer. Good stories someday for Tricia's grandkids.

    Seriously, I have no problem with a kid pursuing that once in a lifetime opportunity. I often wonder why more kids don't do this. Leave the big school and go someplace where you can play and enjoy your chosen high school sport. I have often said that you could make up a team of kids who got cut from Covington Catholic basketball that would be a better than .500 team. So more power to Spencer and other kids who just want to enjoy the experience of playing high school sports.
    Good point.

    I believe there are currently 5 seniors in the 9th Region who left Cov Cath to start elsewhere and they should all have really good seasons:

    Karim - DIxie
    Brannen - Beechwood
    Kyle - Boone
    Spencer - Cooper
    Deere - Cooper

    And they wouldve all put up 30+ last night if they were Silver Grove's only scorer ...

  9. #24
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,201

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
    Then why did Macke leave Highlands?
    Highlands is a 9th region team.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    402

    I don’t believe the Highlands situation was solely based on play performance and production. Macke is good enough to play for Highlands. Not saying he’d be a star, but he IS good enough to play there.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,195

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkLife View Post
    I don’t believe the Highlands situation was solely based on play performance and production. Macke is good enough to play for Highlands. Not saying he’d be a star, but he IS good enough to play there.
    Was he ever told that he would not “play” at Highlands? I believe the answer is “No”. Nor was he going to “play” because he was a West Virginia walk on commit.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 18
    Posts
    402

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of all Trades View Post
    Was he ever told that he would not “play” at Highlands? I believe the answer is “No”. Nor was he going to “play” because he was a West Virginia walk on commit.
    I don’t know the exact situation. But, I am of firm belief that Highlands doesn’t have 8 players distinctly better than Macke. Especially considering the large number of guys that played last season in each game, 9-10-maybe 11, in some games. Not blaming the staff or anything Of that nature. Just saying, I’m of the frame of mind that Macke wasn’t going to play their for some reason outside of basketball performance.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In enemy territory scouting for the future..
    Posts
    10,311

    Rusch is a very good player and definitely would start at Highlands.. Macke would play at Highlands but not have starter minutes imo.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,195

    Quote Originally Posted by JackieMoon View Post
    Good point.

    I believe there are currently 5 seniors in the 9th Region who left Cov Cath to start elsewhere and they should all have really good seasons:

    Karim - DIxie
    Brannen - Beechwood
    Kyle - Boone
    Spencer - Cooper
    Deere - Cooper

    And they wouldve all put up 30+ last night if they were Silver Grove's only scorer ...
    Are any of the 5 boys mentioned above going back to CovCath in the spring to graduate or are they staying where they are currently playing? Think about that question for a minute. Has it ever been done?

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    6,195

    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkLife View Post
    I don’t know the exact situation. But, I am of firm belief that Highlands doesn’t have 8 players distinctly better than Macke. Especially considering the large number of guys that played last season in each game, 9-10-maybe 11, in some games. Not blaming the staff or anything Of that nature. Just saying, I’m of the frame of mind that Macke wasn’t going to play their for some reason outside of basketball performance.
    What might that reason have been? I have never seen the kid play to make any sort of judgement on his abilities. Why would a coach not want to "play" a kid if that kid could help him win games especially considering Highlands has not had a better than .500 record for a few years now.

Top