Pulaski County 87 Somerset 62

  1. #1
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    Pulaski County 87 Somerset 62

    Didn't see this one posted, but thought it deserved a thread as well. Top 10 Pulaski County seemed to have no problem with Somerset, who entered the game with a gaudy 15-2 record.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    85_Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Boyle Co.
    Posts
    2,290

    No stats posted for Pulaski....anybody know how many Fitzgerald had?

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    3,111

    Quote Originally Posted by 85_Rebel View Post
    No stats posted for Pulaski....anybody know how many Fitzgerald had?
    33 points

  4. #4
    The Professor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    Sag Hollow
    Posts
    20,940

    I know Pulaski is good but they throttled a pretty good Somerset team.

    Are there any 12th region teams that are a threat to the Maroons not making the Sweet 16?

  5. #5
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,930

    Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I know Pulaski is good but they throttled a pretty good Somerset team.

    Are there any 12th region teams that are a threat to the Maroons not making the Sweet 16?
    Without question. Mercer County has already defeated Pulaski County by 10. West Jessamine is everyone's favorite 12th Region team right now and I'll need to see it to believe that Boyle County won't be the team to beat in the 12th in February. Wayne County is also rounding into form. The 12th Region champ will be one of those 5 teams.

  6. #6
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,769

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I'll need to see it to believe that Boyle County won't be the team to beat in the 12th in February.
    What is that colloquial term for when a baseball player hits a fly ball over a fence and between the two foul poles? It is escaping me.

  7. #7
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,930

    Quote Originally Posted by MentschTrachtGottLacht View Post
    What is that colloquial term for when a baseball player hits a fly ball over a fence and between the two foul poles? It is escaping me.
    The Long Ball. Chicks dig the long ball.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Tough region. I got a chance to see Wayne, Somerset, Pulaski and Southwestern down in the Cumberlands. Combine Mercer, West J, and Boyle and that makes a pretty deep region. That one will be tough down the stretch. I will say this though, I was told either the district or region tourney is at Pulaski....Pulaski will be very hard to beat at home.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 17
    Posts
    272

    Nobody is beating Pulaski in the Region Tournament. Home court advantage!

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 15
    Location
    CKY
    Posts
    126

    Quote Originally Posted by Statsdontlie View Post
    Nobody is beating Pulaski in the Region Tournament. Home court advantage!
    The Pulaski I saw last night ... if they play like that - I agree.

    Home court notwithstanding, the tourney match-ups will matter.
    example - Pulaski will trap anyone, anywhere, anytime, and they're good at it. I can't seem them not doing that.
    Mercer loved that - they exploited it. Pulaski then tried zone that game and just weren't comfortable. They need the energy that trap & rotate gives them.
    Somerset - a good team - did poorly against it. Last night.
    Boyle - to me they're sort of a 12th Region version of Cooper, whose defense and smart attacking of the Pulaski traps led them to a comfortable win in KOB. Not sure what happened in the 82-65 loss to Pulaski, didn't see it.
    West - not physical enough to survive Pulaski (and possibly Somerset and Boyle for the same reason). Pulaski plays very physical, particularly on the offensive end.

    Regular season, neutral court - throw them in a hat.
    Regional play, home court - Mercer or Boyle can possibly beat Pulaski. West, Wayne, Somerset, others - need that beat to happen in an early round to have a shot. So they need West to beat Mercer in district finals and get Mercer-Pulaski in round 1.

  11. #11
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    21,557

    We discussed this last year, but home court hasn't been a huge advantage in the 12th Region over the last several years. Obviously the fact that Pulaski hasn't been the favorite often when they've hosted and neither has Lincoln, so those numbers are slightly skewed. However, Pulaski is right at the top of the list of favorites and playing at home can't hurt.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Different region refs can even things a bit. The Pulaski crowd is very aware of their advantage....they make officiating very difficult, it will take a strong crew to officiate a Pulaski game.

  13. #13
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,930

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    We discussed this last year, but home court hasn't been a huge advantage in the 12th Region over the last several years. Obviously the fact that Pulaski hasn't been the favorite often when they've hosted and neither has Lincoln, so those numbers are slightly skewed. However, Pulaski is right at the top of the list of favorites and playing at home can't hurt.
    I was waiting for you to chime in with this well known fact. We’ve some some great Pulaski County and Lincoln County teams lose during the region tournament on their home courts.

  14. #14
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    87,930

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    Different region refs can even things a bit. The Pulaski crowd is very aware of their advantage....they make officiating very difficult, it will take a strong crew to officiate a Pulaski game.
    Some of the antics of Pulaski County players that are allowed by 12th Region referees won’t be allowed by different Region refs.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 17
    Posts
    5

    Looked like two officials were scared in Pulaski/Somerset game to make the calls, that needed to be made against Pulaski.

Top