Pulaski County 66 Corbin 58

Page 2 of Final from Somerset.... 25 comments | 2063 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFan22 View Post
    Mercer has seen some of the same things. There is a connection with the coaches. I don't blame the kids at all though. Coaches 100% are in charge of setting the culture of a team.
    It's a difficult juggling act for sure. You wanna keep your star player happy but not at the expense of the team. Very few coaches in the state can balance it. Mercer and Corbin aren't the only ones experiencing this. When people say these kids don't care about player of the year, Mr. Basketball, and other accolades you are delusional. They want to be acknowledge for their hard work and play. One of the ways to get invited to the party is to have good numbers.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    180

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    It's a difficult juggling act for sure. You wanna keep your star player happy but not at the expense of the team. Very few coaches in the state can balance it. Mercer and Corbin aren't the only ones experiencing this. When people say these kids don't care about player of the year, Mr. Basketball, and other accolades you are delusional. They want to be acknowledge for their hard work and play. One of the ways to get invited to the party is to have good numbers.
    I agree with you about a lot of this. One thing that makes this situation different and makes Trevon different is that he doesn't even have twitter. He doesn't seek the spotlight. He has a D1 scholarship already. He played on a local AAU team up until his 17U because of loyalty when he had many chances to play with a shoe team on the circuit years before that. . I think this award may mean more to people involved with the program than him and that is the problem.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFan22 View Post
    I agree with you about a lot of this. One thing that makes this situation different and makes Trevon different is that he doesn't even have twitter. He doesn't seek the spotlight. He has a D1 scholarship already. He played on a local AAU team up until his 17U because of loyalty when he had many chances to play with a shoe team on the circuit years before that. . I think this award may mean more to people involved with the program than him and that is the problem.
    I don't mean any disrespect to Trevon but it means something to him. It's not a bad thing for it to mean something to him. I don't think he goes out every night and thinks about I have to get x amount of points etc. etc. But he is a competitor and he's put a lot of work into his craft.....for him to not be considered for these honors would bother him and it should bother him.

    With all that being said, this award was Trevon's to lose since his Sophomore season. That's how dominant he's been over the years. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with him wanting his just due for his work.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    180

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    I don't mean any disrespect to Trevon but it means something to him. It's not a bad thing for it to mean something to him. I don't think he goes out every night and thinks about I have to get x amount of points etc. etc. But he is a competitor and he's put a lot of work into his craft.....for him to not be considered for these honors would bother him and it should bother him.

    With all that being said, this award was Trevon's to lose since his Sophomore season. That's how dominant he's been over the years. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with him wanting his just due for his work.
    I agree he wants it and deserves it. I am just saying he is not a selfish player

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFan22 View Post
    I agree he wants it and deserves it. I am just saying he is not a selfish player
    He absolutely is not a selfish player....great kid

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Nov 16
    Posts
    489

    Quote Originally Posted by UKFan22 View Post
    I agree with you about a lot of this. One thing that makes this situation different and makes Trevon different is that he doesn't even have twitter. He doesn't seek the spotlight. He has a D1 scholarship already. He played on a local AAU team up until his 17U because of loyalty when he had many chances to play with a shoe team on the circuit years before that. . I think this award may mean more to people involved with the program than him and that is the problem.
    I agree that Trevon is cut out of a different cloth, humble as can be. He does so many things well to be a kid that does not need to have his ego stroked. The thing that describes his best is a fierce competitor. He just plays so hard to help his team win. One thing though, he stopped playing with his local team after his 15U season. He played 16U on the NIKE EYBL circuit (16U division) with the Travelers and he immediately started attracting attention from Power 5 programs. But in his own style, he chose to stay local and cast his future with NKU which is a great fit for him. He will be a star for that program and I am glad he will be a part of the tradition NKU is building by keeping talented in state kids home to play college ball.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483

    The kid needs a P.R. person.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    342

    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPops View Post
    The kid needs a P.R. person.
    He should hire some Cov. Cath folks on this site. They are the best.

  9. #24
    MentschTrachtGottLacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 13
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    14,768

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rude View Post
    He should hire some Cov. Cath folks on this site. They are the best.
    Midwest United is not a CovCath folk. Please don't paint with a broad brush, not fair to the rest of us that get caught up in that comment.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Posts
    1,033

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Rude View Post
    He should hire some Cov. Cath folks on this site. They are the best.
    Lol...they are pouring it on pretty hard

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 16
    Posts
    342

    Quote Originally Posted by dognation2 View Post
    Lol...they are pouring it on pretty hard
    When don't they.....Lol

Top