Pendleton County 73 Bishop Brossart 72

Page 2 of Pendleton by 1 over Brossart. Horrible calls that gave Pendleton the win.... 25 comments | 2439 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,483


    Our guys grew up a lot tonight. Sophomore Ethan Eilerman scored 25, along with grabbing 6 rebounds and didn't back down.
    Big night for EE.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Rich Chasteen, the senior official stood off to the side, watched passively during the entire exchange from the opposite side of the floor.
    He knew his partner missed the call, and probably couldn't believe that the junior official didn't keep walking up the sideline, away from the confrontation. Instead, he violated the first rule of avoiding a conflict - He came back to argue the point, and then used his authority to cal the T.

    Mike Code has been our head coach for 14 years, and you can count on one hand how often he has been T'd up.

    My hope is that after the game Rick Chasteen, the former evaluator, went off on his partners for creating that debacle. I'd bet he did.

    The "charge" call was blatantly wrong!!! Junp had gotten inside of his man, beat him to the hole and scored the ball. The defender was making no effort to play legitimate defense and the contact, if any, was minimal at best.

    Simply get it right. Count the basket and play on, or count the basket and shoot one.

    Other than that episode, I had no problem with the officiating. It was an intense, physical ballgame. Allen scored 42, 14 of those from the free-throw line. He gets it to the basket, has an effective stop/hop move, and is tough to stand in on and take a legitimate charge.

    Our guys grew up a lot tonight. Sophomore Ethan Eilerman scored 25, along with grabbing 6 rebounds and didn't back down. Donnelly is a warrior, and Schumacher came up huge in the second half, and Hamberg did his thing from beyond the arc.

    This one is going to hurt for awhile.
    Games like tonight will definitely help both squads in a few short weeks.

  3. #18
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,184

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    I concur. Really tough call there.
    Says the Pendleton County (PCRO) radio man.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    Says the Pendleton County (PCRO) radio man.
    I’m not sure what I said on air. Lol

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 17
    Location
    10th Region
    Posts
    1,073

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    I’m not sure what I said on air. Lol
    Neither do I. I was listening to Brossart broadcast.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 14
    Posts
    2,138

    Quote Originally Posted by brooksville View Post
    Neither do I. I was listening to Brossart broadcast.
    They thank you for the support. Can't go wrong with either one.

  7. #22
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,184

    As to the game itself.

    Intense game between two once-annual rivals.

    19-15 Cats at the end of the first quarter that saw Brossart soph Ethan Eilerman put up 10 points that included a pair of 3-pointers, and Dontaie Allen countering with 9, and getting supporting role cast contributions worth 10 points.

    Brossart outplays the Cats in the second quarter, getting scoring from five different individuals, including Zach Hamberg with a pair of threes. On the other side of the ledger Allen scores 9 of his team's 12 points, and the Mustangs lead 32-31 at intermission.

    Mustangs go on a 9-0 run, mid-third quarter, drawing back-to-back Keaton Belcher time-outs and lead 48-39 with 3:06 to go in the period. The Cats use a full-court press to force a momentum swing that allows the Cats to cut the Brossart margin to merely a point with a quarter to play. Brossart used balance scoring from seven different Mustangs to put up 21 points, while Jacob Yelton (8) and Dontaie combined for 19 of their team's 21.

    As the result of the previously described course of events, the Mustangs fall behind early in the fourth period but bounce back to knot the score at 57-57. From that point to the 2:35 mark on the merits of 8 points from Grant Walsh and some help from his blue-chip teammate, the Cats opened up a seemingly insurmountable 67-58 lead and it looked like lights out for the Mustangs.

    Dontaie Allen, who the Cats did a masterful job of getting the ball into his hands, hit 8 of 10 free-throws down the stretch when the Mustangs were forced to foul, while the Mustangs saw Eilerman grind out 9 points and J.D. Schumacher (1) and Bryce Donnelly (2) connect on 3-pointers, the Mustangs had it back to the single point margin of victory at 73-72 when time expired.

    PCo used an 18-8 edge at the charity stripe to help account for the victory. Great, fun effort by both teams, which again demonstrated that the Mustangs are capable of a big effort against quality competition on a given night, and a notice to the Cats not to sleep on anyone, especially a team that had not lost in the Woodshed since 2007 (totally immaterial, but a fun fact ).

    BB: Wieland 2, Schmacher 10, Donnelly 11, C.Schirmer 4, Duffy 6, Jump 3, MacDonald 2, E.Eilerman 25, Hamberg 9.
    Totals: 14-12-8/9-72............12-10.

    PCo: Yelton 10, Allen 42, Sullivan 3, Walsh 10, Antrobus 2, Neltner 6
    Totals: 17-7-18/25-73..........18-5

    Mustangs head to the Carothers Road hill on Saturday for a Campbell County Catholics clash with NCC, while the Wildcats travel to Bracken County on Friday and to Campbell County next Wednesday.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by brooksville View Post
    Neither do I. I was listening to Brossart broadcast.
    shocking.

    I'll go listen to their podcast today. Always enjoy listening to @Mustang and what another set of eyes see.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by brooksville View Post
    Neither do I. I was listening to Brossart broadcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by camelman View Post
    They thank you for the support. Can't go wrong with either one.

    no you cannot. he's just trying to troll me...it's cool.

  10. #25
    Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 01
    Location
    Extreme Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    8,184

    Quote Originally Posted by LCDAWGS19 View Post
    shocking.

    I'll go listen to their podcast today. Always enjoy listening to @Mustang and what another set of eyes see.
    And vice versa

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    7,445

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    As to the game itself.

    Intense game between two once-annual rivals.

    19-15 Cats at the end of the first quarter that saw Brossart soph Ethan Eilerman put up 10 points that included a pair of 3-pointers, and Dontaie Allen countering with 9, and getting supporting role cast contributions worth 10 points.

    Brossart outplays the Cats in the second quarter, getting scoring from five different individuals, including Zach Hamberg with a pair of threes. On the other side of the ledger Allen scores 9 of his team's 12 points, and the Mustangs lead 32-31 at intermission.

    Mustangs go on a 9-0 run, mid-third quarter, drawing back-to-back Keaton Belcher time-outs and lead 48-39 with 3:06 to go in the period. The Cats use a full-court press to force a momentum swing that allows the Cats to cut the Brossart margin to merely a point with a quarter to play. Brossart used balance scoring from seven different Mustangs to put up 21 points, while Jacob Yelton (8) and Dontaie combined for 19 of their team's 21.

    As the result of the previously described course of events, the Mustangs fall behind early in the fourth period but bounce back to knot the score at 57-57. From that point to the 2:35 mark on the merits of 8 points from Grant Walsh and some help from his blue-chip teammate, the Cats opened up a seemingly insurmountable 67-58 lead and it looked like lights out for the Mustangs.

    Dontaie Allen, who the Cats did a masterful job of getting the ball into his hands, hit 8 of 10 free-throws down the stretch when the Mustangs were forced to foul, while the Mustangs saw Eilerman grind out 9 points and J.D. Schumacher (1) and Bryce Donnelly (2) connect on 3-pointers, the Mustangs had it back to the single point margin of victory at 73-72 when time expired.

    PCo used an 18-8 edge at the charity stripe to help account for the victory. Great, fun effort by both teams, which again demonstrated that the Mustangs are capable of a big effort against quality competition on a given night, and a notice to the Cats not to sleep on anyone, especially a team that had not lost in the Woodshed since 2007 (totally immaterial, but a fun fact ).

    BB: Wieland 2, Schmacher 10, Donnelly 11, C.Schirmer 4, Duffy 6, Jump 3, MacDonald 2, E.Eilerman 25, Hamberg 9.
    Totals: 14-12-8/9-72............12-10.

    PCo: Yelton 10, Allen 42, Sullivan 3, Walsh 10, Antrobus 2, Neltner 6
    Totals: 17-7-18/25-73..........18-5

    Mustangs head to the Carothers Road hill on Saturday for a Campbell County Catholics clash with NCC, while the Wildcats travel to Bracken County on Friday and to Campbell County next Wednesday.
    brought this up on our broadcast as well. It's tough to beat a Mike Code coached team regardless of venue.

Top